<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Unscrew Push-Piece on a 580 Flyback?

April 16 2017 at 12:18 AM
Andrew  (Login deputydog95)
from IP address 71.180.165.67

Is Panerai just being lazy with their directions and reusing the same materials they use for the dive watches?

Was looking at the directions for my 580 and it says repeatedly in the manual to unscrew the push pieces to use the chrono feature.

On the 580, as far as I can tell, they are simple "just press it" buttons. I've seen the dive watches that have a chrono with large threaded push pieces.

Did Panerai mix up the directions or am I actually supposed to unscrew something on the 580?

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

DesmoFan
(Login DesmoFan)
Paneristi

I am guessing...

April 16 2017, 1:31 AM 

They just used the directions of the 614 (or similar) to save a few $.

Wouldn't worry about it, enjoy.
photo CEE40652-9A22-4473-B048-C98406214E15.jpg

Respond to this message   
Jeremy
(Login CT372DUDE)

Agreed

April 16 2017, 1:52 AM 

I agree with Desmo, I think a lot of companies do that with their instruction manuals. I've seen it in a bunch of watches I've bought over the years, generic directions. Enjoy the watch, it's a sweet watch

Respond to this message   
Andrew
(Login deputydog95)

Follow Up Question. Chrono use under water???

April 16 2017, 8:00 PM 

I have no intention of diving with this watch... Curious though.

I assume it would be a really bad idea to depress these buttons while submerged if there is a screw down version of the press buttons on the dive models. My logic would say that you shouldn't do it on those either based on having to unscrew them to operate the chrono.

Something tells me they aren't designed to keep water out if you start pressing them while under water.

Thoughts?

Respond to this message   

DesmoFan
(Login DesmoFan)
Paneristi

Good question...

April 16 2017, 8:05 PM 

Always wondered the same thing with respect to how the case can be water proof to begin with. If you look around the pushers of those models with chronograph features and no screw down style pushers, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me how the case is still water resistant.
photo CEE40652-9A22-4473-B048-C98406214E15.jpg

Respond to this message   

Gary
(Login gfriedell)
High Heid Yin

There are o-rings and seals around pusher stems in the same way there are seals >>>

April 16 2017, 9:19 PM 

On the crown stems of water resistant watches whose crowns are not screw down.

But as was mentioned, you would expect the water resistance to be less effective than a watch that uses a screw down or other device to supply pressure against the seals.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Andrew
(Login deputydog95)

You guys are great! Can I indulge in a couple more dumb questions?

April 18 2017, 3:02 PM 

This watch, if I'm not mistaken, has the p9100 automatic movement.

It keeps really good time. Like within a couple seconds per day. Been checking it against the official time atomic clock and this watch is surprisingly accurate.

I do occasionally let it die from lack of use. Goes the full the 3 days though before it quits. Impressive.

When I start my rolex sub after sitting a long time, I typically give it around 35-40 turns to get it going and then wear it regularly. Keeps great time.

I've been doing the same for this PAM580. If it's dead, then 35 to 40 turns to get it started, and then wear/enjoy. As I said, it's keeping great time.

Dumb questions I know... I've had a couple pam's in the past, but it's been years. Finally coming back to the brand. Loving the watch. Thanks for your patience.

Does 35-40 turns sound about right to get an automatic panerai going and fully "charged"?

You can't overwind an automatic panerai, right?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index