<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

PLEASE HELP Need a PAM 297 Date Disk

April 18 2017 at 10:47 PM

Brady  (Login soulrider911)
Paneristi
from IP address 204.14.239.55

Hi guys, so i purchased a lovely PAM297 about a month ago, and sitting in the office one day... well the 29th to be exact lol i look down and to my amazement.. I see a massive scratch on the 29 in on the date disk – which was not disclosed, or original buyer was unaware of.

Long story short, and a ton of frustration & headache, i have it a trusted watch smith and he is having a very hard time sourcing a replacement. I would love any help in this. Would be so grateful thank you all.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

mike2zero
(Login mike2zero)
Paneristi

is he a Panerai AD or service provider? I think you may need to the PASC route...

April 18 2017, 10:56 PM 

mike2zero
Portland, Oregon
HMIeAkUl.jpg

Respond to this message   

Brady
(Login soulrider911)
Paneristi

Not an AD

April 18 2017, 11:28 PM 

No he is not an AD, i was trying to save some $ as i had not planned on now investing 500+ in replacing the date wheel by Panerai... as i know its costly

Respond to this message   
Jeremy
(Login CT372DUDE)
Paneristi

Dang

April 19 2017, 12:20 AM 

Wow never saw that before man, sorry to see such a beautiful watch suffering like that. Unfortunately I think it's either take a shot on EBay , but more than likely that's something Panerai is going to have to fix. I know how you feel about the money man,. I know when I started buying nice watches I didn't think about the costs of service if something went wrong or just routine servicing in general. I thought great I bought a beautiful watch!!! But the first time something went wrong and I got the estimate from Breitling I was sorely mistaken. These things are made to last forever but forever ain't cheap.
I hope it works out for you buddy , still a great watch .

Respond to this message   
DON
(Login DONAG)
Paneristi

If I'm not mistaken - movement is based on the Valjoux 7750 ETA movement >>

April 19 2017, 12:51 AM 

So your watchmaker should be able to just buy one from a parts supplier

Only problem is you might not be able to get a white number black background.

Have to check with a parts supplier to see whats available. Don't ask for a Panerai date disk. 7750

DON
3333.JPG

Respond to this message   
panerik
(Login panerik)
Paneristi

Assuming you did nothing to damage this watch...

April 19 2017, 2:11 AM 

...I would return to the seller and ask for a refund...even if the watch is fixed, you have lost time with it on your wrist, and it's resale value will be significantly less as you would presumably disclose that the watxh doran not have original parts...

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Pakal
(Login pakal)
Paneristi

I'd see the bright side of it

April 19 2017, 3:53 AM 

Call it the "rusty 2" and enjoy it 10 days a month.
Be proud of it, you got a unique piece after all!

Respond to this message   
CF
(Login stronzix)
Paneristi

Are you sure it is.....

April 19 2017, 5:17 AM 

A genuine one?!

Respond to this message   
JohnCoburn
(Login JohnCoburn)
Paneristi

Never saw that before...

April 19 2017, 12:02 PM 

Hope she is not away at service for too long. It sucks just getting a watch and having to send her right off to service! Either do that or wear another watch every 29th so you don't have to look at the scratch? happy.gif

Respond to this message   
panerik
(Login panerik)
Paneristi

I don't know you very well at all, but from what I do know...

April 19 2017, 12:43 PM 

...my guess is that you would not tolerate buying a watch in this condition...
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Hiro
(Login hiroshikato1)
Paneristi

Looks like a manufacturing defect

April 19 2017, 3:00 PM 

I don't know the service history but assuming the watch was never opened, I would say the watch came from the factory that way. Many collectors have several watches and this may have been like this without the owner knowing it. There are positives and negatives associated with buying a pre-owned piece but I don't think that this is an issue of someone pulling a quick one. Sourcing a date wheel is next to impossible and the watch looks mint from the one picture. Call a Boutique and talk to them. Let us know how it goes. Hiro

Respond to this message   

Luciano Chao
(Login LUCCHAO)
Paneristi

It has B&P?

April 19 2017, 5:27 PM 

Sorry to say, please check if it's really genuine

Crown guard seems off

Bringing it into PASC can be helpful - they will check and will not service it unless is genuine and you agree on service

Best
Photobucket

Respond to this message   
CF
(Login stronzix)
Paneristi

+ 1, Luciano!! >nt<

April 20 2017, 12:38 AM 

!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index