<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Birks @ Yorkdale (Toronto) no longer an AD

May 17 2017 at 2:26 PM

Everett  (Login eal15)
Paneristi
from IP address 64.231.252.195

Hi, just an FYI, I called Birks last week to inquire about a 233 and hopefully get some kind of discount. I was hoping that since the boutique is opening that they'd be more willing to deal with some competition coming. However, I didn't hear back for almost a week from the sales lady as she was trying to secure and R model for me. When I called last night to follow up, I was told that they no longer carry Panerai. I inquired further to say I only called last week and how that was rather sudden. She agreed it was and stated that they got a communication from Panerai on Monday saying that Panerai was pulling their watches and that they were no longer an AD. This was due to the boutique opening in the same mall later this year. So, can anyone tell me what type of discount percentage do other Panerai boutique offer if any?

Tx
Everett

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Pakal
(Login pakal)
Paneristi

Boutiques don't offer discounts

May 17 2017, 2:37 PM 

But they will gladly comp straps and other accessories, accordingly to the value of the sale.

Respond to this message   

Ferry
(Login ferry.monne)
Paneristi

Some boutiques do give discount

May 17 2017, 3:23 PM 

I know for sure that here in India, we have one boutique that gives the normal market discount given by other dealers (15-20%) on the normal production models. A note needs to be given here that Panerai is far from popular in India.....

But if I were you just insist on the normal discount you could have gotten from your AD

Good luck!
Best regards,
Ferry

Dutchman living in India, Panerista since 2014 and learning
PAM389 and PAM372 and a bunch of straps

www.paneristi.nl

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Avi
(Login avibarua)
Paneristi

I think it depends on whether the boutique ...

May 17 2017, 4:45 PM 

... is owned by a private entity or Panerai Corporate. If it's corporate owned, it is highly unlikely that they will discount their watches but if you push they will likely throw in a strap or two. Just speaking from personal experience.

Respond to this message   

Everett
(Login eal15)
Paneristi

: (

May 17 2017, 6:43 PM 

Bummer but that's what I thought. Especially being a brand new boutique they aren't like to push a discount. I'll wait and see. Im also trying from behind the scenes to see if I'll still be able to get the old style domed crystal.

Respond to this message   
DON
(Login DONAG)
Paneristi

Guess I can toss their business cards then :) >>>

May 18 2017, 10:44 AM 

Never really checked, but is this a stand alone boutique or incorporated into another stori know a retailer expanded to include JLC and Piaget.

Curious where the store is located?

Last time I was at Yorkdale. I got lost. Place is so big now and this was after the last expansion. Hard to find your way. They need to place compass directions on the floor so you can find your way out.

DON
3333.JPG

Respond to this message   
Noah
(Login NoahD)
Paneristi

Multi-brand Boutique

May 18 2017, 1:10 PM 

In will have Panerai, IWC, Vacheron Constantin and Piaget in the same space. It's in the middle-ish of the mall. Not really sure how to explain, as I always get lost in there too!! Ha! But closer to Holt Renfrew, I think.

Respond to this message   
DON
(Login DONAG)
Paneristi

I thought Piaget was listed as part of Raffi's expansion >>

May 18 2017, 2:18 PM 

but not listed on the Piaget Toronto stores

From the Raffi web site

Discover exquisite timepieces from legendary watch brands including Vacheron Constantin, IWC, Blancpain, Hublot, Piaget, Tag Heuer, Zenith and many more

DON
3333.JPG

Respond to this message   
Noah
(Login NoahD)
Paneristi

Try Humbertown in Etobicoke

May 18 2017, 1:12 PM 

I think they are still an AD, and I found them much more knowledgable thank Birk's.

Respond to this message   
Cm
(Login ChrisMeadsss)
Paneristi

Indeed. And ask for Doug. He's learned everything he knows from me LOL.

May 18 2017, 6:44 PM 

They have what you would call a micro boutique for panerai and IWC. Good guy Doug,!and always willing to help. Wouldn't look for many freebies out of them though. Cheers
T.O Risti

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index