<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Need help! Which to buy and who to buy from?!

June 12 2017 at 2:46 PM
Clemsondds  (Login clemsondds)
from IP address 98.121.110.58

Hey guys, somewhat new here and could use your help. I have always had Omega watches, but have always loved Panerai and I thought it's time to find one. I tried to purchase one several months ago on here...and got completely screwed out of a lot of money! I am usually very careful with my dealings (been purchasing things online for over 10 years) and this was a first. I guess my ambition got in front of my common sense. Whoever it was that took my money, was very convincing and had all the right answers. Oh well...lesson learned. So I'm back to finding another Pan. Which do you recommend for a first watch? I'm trying to keep it under $5000 and I would like one with Chrono and at least 44mm. Finally, who should I buy from?? I contacted someone this weekend on here about their watch, and I'm pretty sure it was that same person/group that took my money before. How can I be sure that the watch is legit and the person has integrity?? I would rather buy used but don't want to lose my shirt again! Thank you for your help!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

eric s.
(Login hkgweilo)
High Heid Yin

$5k with chrono may be tough...here's some comments on buying...

June 12 2017, 3:10 PM 

Respond to this message   
Jeremy
(Login CT372DUDE)

Re: Need help! Which to buy and who to buy from?!

June 12 2017, 5:56 PM 

Hey man welcome. I'm sorry to hear you got ripped off before. Honestly there are some really really great people on this site that can 100% be trusted, but just like any site that deals in items with high monetary values you will find some scam artists trying to find someone to take advantage of. It's a shame but unfortunately that's the nature of this world . If you do your due dillegence, run reference checks, get the opinions from some long standing members and talk to some people etc you can definitely find a nice deal from a legit person. Just don't rush into anything until you are 100% sure.
Also like Eric said above, you may have to alter your expectations a bit, gonna be tough finding a nice chronograph under 5k.
Good luck man , I hope you can find what you are looking for

Respond to this message   
Clemsondds
(Login clemsondds)

June 12 2017, 8:42 PM 

Thanks for the advice. I am getting REALLY skeptical of alot of the sellers on this site. I have emailed about two watches in the past 24 hours...to two different accounts and names. The same guy responded to both. He lied about his location and just seemed really sketchy. I'm done dealing with him...but I just find it really weird that there are two posts right now on the for sale forum that I think are scams. Who knows...maybe they are legit...but it just seems odd. One is for a PAM104 and one is a PAM312.

Respond to this message   
Jeremy
(Login CT372DUDE)

June 13 2017, 2:18 AM 

If you find a watch you like on the for sale section you can also post a reference check on there and if people have bought from him in the past successfully they will reply. I'm not saying that's 100% foolproof but it may help you

Respond to this message   

charlesLC
(Login CharlesLC)
High Heid Yin

be careful ... bogus references have also been done here.

June 13 2017, 7:37 PM 

Respond to this message   
Darron
(Login Angelus8day)
Paneristi

Buy from dealers market or face to face if you can

June 14 2017, 4:10 PM 

You will pay more than from a single seller; but references should be easier to vet and more legit.

You need to be aware of really good fakes!!! I would really advise from buying without box and papers and use more legit ads to see what proper paperwork should look like.

In theory you should be able to tell by looking at the movement if it is an open case back.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index