<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Wearing Panerai to a suit fitting tomorrow?

June 15 2017 at 2:32 PM
Gorilla Wrists  (Login Gorilla_Wrists)
from IP address 107.77.89.126

Hey all - just wanted to get people's collective opinion on this. Last time I had some shirts made, I wore a slim dress watch because that seems like the thing you should do. Well, I found later when I wanted to wear some of my divers (because I don't wear dress watches much), or thicker watches, that they often didn't fit well under the cuffs. Ok, lesson learned.

Well, now I have an appointment to get fitted for a suit and shirt tomorrow, and I'm thinking I should wear the Panerai on a thick strap. That way, pretty much any watch I feel like wearing in the future should fit under the cuff. Heck I'm paying for the suit, the end product may as well be enjoyable, right?

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated- thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Stephen Dumperth
(Select Login sdumperth)
Paneristi

Yes

June 15 2017, 3:04 PM 

That is certainly the way to fly !
[linked image]

🀘🏼😝🀘🏼. 🀘🏼😝🀘🏼 . 🀘🏼😝🀘🏼[linked image]🀘🏼😝🀘🏼 . 🀘🏼😝🀘🏼 .🀘🏼😝🀘🏼

Respond to this message   
Gorilla Wrists
(Login Gorilla_Wrists)

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

June 15 2017, 4:22 PM 

I'm sure the "proper" thing to do would be only wear dress watches with suits, but that's boring!

I might just wear the 112 on the canvas it's on today (I was considering a slimmer strap) - about as thick and comfortable as can be. Would be pretty cool to be able to easily slide a shirt on over this beast!

Respond to this message   
Bernie G
(Login dcvelo)
Paneristi

Re: Wearing Panerai to a suit fitting tomorrow?

June 15 2017, 4:58 PM 

Heck, with a name like Gorilla Wrists, do you even need a watch for your suit fitting??? LOL!!!
Enjoy!!

Respond to this message   
Gorilla Wrists
(Login Gorilla_Wrists)

Ha, so true!

June 16 2017, 5:54 AM 

They'll be making some decently large cuffs regardless! happy.gif Thank you!!

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login mlcdmd)
Paneristi

Definitely

June 16 2017, 2:21 AM 

Also, I've nOticed sometimes French cuffs will afford more wiggle room
Mike...NYC. My collection so far is a 312 and some cool straps.

Respond to this message   
Gorilla Wrists
(Login Gorilla_Wrists)

French cuffs are a great idea

June 16 2017, 5:51 AM 

I also got "convertible cuffs" on one of my previous shirts that has the standard button, but also an extra hole to allow cufflinks as well (so you can do either or) - I thought that was pretty cool!

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login mlcdmd)
Paneristi

That's smart

June 16 2017, 6:06 PM 

Anyone remembering that movie...wanna say it was Eddie Murphy in Beverly hills cop...where he tells the under cover cops to tell their tailors to leave a little more room in the side of the jacket to hide their shoulder holsters.
Mike...NYC. My collection so far is a 312 and some cool straps.

Respond to this message   
David
(Login Riverwalk)

Wearing Panerai....

June 16 2017, 3:03 AM 

I live in Hong Kong, and I always have my shirts made with a larger cuff on the left wrist to accomodate even my largest Watch. Funny story though, the same tailor made my friends Shirts with the same large left cuff, trouble is he wears his watches on his right wrist, it gave me a great laugh!

Respond to this message   
Gorilla Wrists
(Login Gorilla_Wrists)

I love it!

June 16 2017, 5:53 AM 

Oh that's great!! happy.gif I bet your friend was a bit annoyed, but that's pretty funny!

Respond to this message   
Rob
(Login robertinoNY)
Paneristi

:)

June 16 2017, 9:36 PM 

Step 1 , Wear your Panerai proudly
Step 2 , Get a suit that fits around your timepiece ( not the other way around )
Step 3 , Ask your tailor to measure and cut your watch sleeve 1/2 shorter on your wrist
Step 4 , Then ask him to do a 1/2'' longer circumference on your wrist
Step 5 , Repeat step 1

Respond to this message   
BIGPOCKETS
(Login BIGPOCKETS)
Paneristi

Suit Fitting

June 21 2017, 2:29 AM 

Hello,

This is right in the middle of my expertise!
I've been a fashion designer for over 25 years & have recently gone back to my love of tailoring "real clothes" for men & women.

This has a very simple solution.
If you wear you Pan often more than a dress watch, wear it to your fitting & ask the left cuff to be tailored to accommodate your watch - easy!
Whether it's a Single or Double French Cuff, 1,2 or 3 button Barrel Cuff it doesn't matter if it's being tailored for you.
Usually the difference in circumference is between 1-1.5" difference between left & right wrists with such a large watch.
The length of the sleeve is another thing to consider - but has more to do with the shirt cuff being 3/8" - 1/2" longer than the jacket sleeves, but these aren't exact RULES, everyone has their own way of wearing their tailored clothing.
Ask to be tailored so it fits into your comfort level, regardless of a SLIM, REGULAR or other fit & also lengths, fabric choices such as Design, Colour, Weight......

The important thing is that you build a rapport with your tailor & trust them.
I've clients from all over (The World), who trust me enough now, to choose their suits & fabrics & just have their suits made & then I organise to send these to them.

Most importantly - enjoy the experience.

BP

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index