<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What is PDay?

June 18 2017 at 4:27 PM

Craig F  (Login Cr4ig)
Paneristi
from IP address 69.181.33.235

Even though my first Panerai was purchased nearly 20 years ago, I did not meet the first person that knew what a Panerai was until my first GTG, the Hammer Birthday Party in San Diego in 2010. I had only been on Paneristi for about 6 months at that point. It was a jump for me to head off to a gathering of people where I didn't know a soul. Anyone that has met me since knows that I'm not outgoing and my social skills are mediocre at best.

Here are some photos from that first GTG:
http://s979.photobucket.com/user/CraigInCO/slideshow/2010%20Hammer%20Birthday%20GTG

Something to keep in mind is that there are always new people at these events. Everyone is there because they want to be with people just like you. I had absolutely no issues meeting some very cool people. In fact, many of those people from that first event are people that I call friends and they are very dear to me.

Since that first GTG I've been to many more, held my own GTG's in Denver, and even made it to a few PDay's, most recently in Berlin. In each and every one I add more friends, some that I know I will have for life.

Berlin Photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/VVLesfpfhZMnxbeh7

So what is PDay? To me, PDay is a really big GTG. It has more people and it and may be a bit more formally organized, but it's a get together of people that are interested in this hunk of metal AND in meeting others with a similar interest. You will never be able to meet and spend time with everyone there. You will see some really amazing watches and even if you do not meet them, some great people.

It is absolutely amazing that not only can I go many places in the world and link up with someone from the community, some of those people are truly friends. I for one would never have had that without the Paneristi community.

And now something that PDay is NOT! It is not the website. There is no hiding behind your keyboard. You're out there, face to face, and you know what, even those people that you may have thought were other than someone you would like to meet, are in fact very special people, and as is the case many times, you did not get a clue of who they are from the sometimes horrible textual communication medium that we use so often.

What I am hoping to do with this post if to put a spark in some of you that have fallen away from attending events and to give a little motivation to those new people apprehensive about coming. I want to see those faces from the past and the new ones of the future. We have an amazing thing here! Let's keep it going indefinitely.

The ability to sign up for PDay will be gone very soon. If you are interested do not delay. Register, pay, and get your hotel now! Chicago is such a great place and especially nice the time of the year that the event will be taking place.

I hope to see you there!
-Craig F

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
CF
(Login stronzix)
Paneristi

Very true...

June 18 2017, 7:29 PM 

I hope to see you again,with your lovely wife (you guys were some of my favorite folks at the Minnie GTG) at the next PDay...

With you awesome slytech 😜

Respond to this message   

Craig F
(Login Cr4ig)
Paneristi

The feeling is mutual

June 19 2017, 7:05 PM 

We enjoyed spending time with you! Looking forward to much more.
-Craig F

Respond to this message   
CF
(Login stronzix)
Paneristi

Thank, Craig ;) !! <nt>

June 19 2017, 9:13 PM 

Respond to this message   
Stephen Dumperth
(Select Login sdumperth)
Paneristi

Aaaaaahhhhhhh, PDay!

June 18 2017, 11:18 PM 

I can say with certainty that anyone who goes will get out of it exactly what they put into it.

I am so happy that it is back on the North American continent! With the limited amounts of time that I get off on a yearly basis, that certainly makes it easier.

I can't wait to see you guys, all of my other friends, and even those of you who I may not know, or don't truly know me yet.

COMMUNITY UP

[linked image]

🀘🏼😝🀘🏼. 🀘🏼😝🀘🏼 . 🀘🏼😝🀘🏼[linked image]🀘🏼😝🀘🏼 . 🀘🏼😝🀘🏼 .🀘🏼😝🀘🏼

Respond to this message   

dp
(Login fullcourt1)
Paneristi

....well said craig, it's such a great time, i've enjoyed every gtg

June 19 2017, 12:30 AM 

chicago is a great city and we have a great time planned for everyone. if you're on the fence, jump off and sign up

you won't regret it
ufPDgnB.gif
V2YsosI.jpg
09sBsY9.jpg?3

dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
'more than just a watch'....

Respond to this message   
Chris
(Login aerochris)
Paneristi

Re: ....well said craig, it's such a great time, i've enjoyed every gtg

June 19 2017, 1:21 AM 

I want to go! That is convincing.

Respond to this message   

dp
(Login fullcourt1)
Paneristi

then do it....sign up, you won't regret it (nt)

June 19 2017, 5:16 AM 

ufPDgnB.gif
V2YsosI.jpg
09sBsY9.jpg?3

dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa

Respond to this message   

Craig F
(Login Cr4ig)
Paneristi

Please do Chris, but don't delay...closing soon!

June 19 2017, 7:07 PM 

Registration will seriously be closing soon. You would be very happy you attended!
-Craig F

Respond to this message   

Mike Aeromat209
(Select Login Aeromat209)
Paneristi

This was only The Hammer GTG in 2007 But WowZa!!!

June 19 2017, 1:33 AM 

It was the biggest GTG I had been to and for a Gr8t Risti Brother !! It was just like Craig said so many Gr8T people in one place ! Highly recommended !!!!

If I had a bucket list this would be on it !!! Thanks for posting all the pics it's just the tip of the Iceberg!!!

Can't wait for P- Day Chicago!!
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
JB in Shaker
(Login jhb24)
Paneristi

So true, and am very disappointed I'm missing it due to a conflicting event!!

June 19 2017, 1:17 PM 

JB in Shaker

ptL2caMt.jpg
The Hammer Watch

Respond to this message   

dp
(Login fullcourt1)
Paneristi

gonna miss you not being there jb

June 19 2017, 2:08 PM 

ufPDgnB.gif
V2YsosI.jpg
09sBsY9.jpg?3

dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa

Respond to this message   
JB in Shaker
(Login jhb24)
Paneristi

Likewise, DP!

June 19 2017, 6:57 PM 

JB in Shaker

ptL2caMt.jpg
The Hammer Watch

Respond to this message   

Craig F
(Login Cr4ig)
Paneristi

You will be missed by both of us! [nt]

June 19 2017, 7:08 PM 

-Craig F

Respond to this message   
JR
(Login jrdiandrea)
Paneristi

This will be my first

June 19 2017, 2:17 PM 

My first P-day. I am really looking forward to it! And I always enjoy spending time with you Craig and Jennifer. I've been to several GTGs now and all have been a great experience. Yes.....I LOVE seeing watches I can only dream about. But the like minded friends I've met are ever lasting.

The most difficult thing for me will be deciding what watch to bring. And worse yet, what shoes to put on them!!

Respond to this message   

Craig F
(Login Cr4ig)
Paneristi

Looking forward...

June 19 2017, 7:10 PM 

...to more time with you JR happy.gif Never enough!
-Craig F

Respond to this message   

dp
(Login fullcourt1)
Paneristi

^^^^what he said

June 20 2017, 4:03 PM 

ufPDgnB.gif
V2YsosI.jpg
09sBsY9.jpg?3

dp
just living the dream