<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Vancouver??

July 17 2017 at 6:16 AM
Dave  (Login OSMOrlando)
Paneristi
from IP address 207.194.222.239

Hi,

Anyone know if it's worth trying to buy a watch in Vancouver? I'm from Florida and don't know if I'd enjoy any savings due to the exchange rates. Thanks in advance for your help!

Dave

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Noah
(Login NoahD)
Paneristi

Probably Not.

July 17 2017, 2:14 PM 

The exchange rate is definitely in your favour, but the prices in Canada are generally much higher, so it end up being a wash, or, in many cases, still favourable to buy in the US. I really depends on the piece. When I bought my AP, I was able to get it in the US for several thousand cheaper than I was able to negotiate in Canada. There may be less of a price gap with Panerai.

But, have FUN in Vancouver! It's a fantastic place to visit.

Noah

Respond to this message   
DON
(Login DONAG)
Paneristi

As Noah said - probably no savings at all >>

July 17 2017, 3:01 PM 

Just maybe if the store takes US cash and is willing to do a cash sale deal

However

That only works if the store has a US account to deposit the cash. Otherwise they take a hit on the exchange rate.

Same as you will if you exchange US for Canadian funds if needed to buy. A $.02 loss per dollar doesn't sound like a lot on a dollar, but it really adds up when in the thousands

At the present time. Exchange rate is 1.22

You can spend US funds up here, but don't expect fair exchange rates from stores as nobody is going to check on that.

Your dollar is no different than a Canadian dollar in most stores

DON
3333.JPG

Respond to this message   
Johnny
(Login johnny167)

Re: Vancouver??

July 23 2017, 8:21 AM 

It depends on what kind of discount you get in Florida, what brand and model. I purchased a rose gold Daytona 116515 for $26xxxCAD a year ago at the authorized dealer and it was the best price I could find. It beat grey market dealers from HK.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index