<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

White Marks on 389 Ceramic Bezel

August 4 2017 at 8:06 AM
Ruzuwok  (Login ruzuwok)
from IP address 111.65.68.230

Hi everyone!

I accidentally rubbed my 389 against a leather bag (I think) on the train and it left a white mark on the bezel sad.gif Anyone knows how to clean it

It costs a bomb to replace the bezel

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jeremy
(Login CT372DUDE)
Paneristi

Re: White Marks on 389 Ceramic Bezel

August 4 2017, 1:14 PM 

Well supposedly ceramic is pretty much scratch proof so I'm sure you can use some force to get it off , try some sort of brush just be careful not to get the steel. I've never had an issue with my ceramic but you'll get it off

Respond to this message   
Ruzuwok
(Login ruzuwok)

August 4 2017, 1:37 PM 

Thanks for your reply! What do you recommend to use?

Respond to this message   
Eric-Marc
(Login Eric-Marc)

August 4 2017, 1:39 PM 

I had a similar problem with my PAM 335. I used a suede eraser, it was perfect for me.

Respond to this message   
Ruzuwok
(Login ruzuwok)

August 4 2017, 2:18 PM 

Thanks bro! You have a brand to recommend?

Respond to this message   
DON
(Login DONAG)
Paneristi

Tana Suede cleaning block >>

August 4 2017, 2:33 PM 

If not that big of spot. Maybe just wear it and it might come off with use.

It's about $7.00 for a block

DON
3333.JPG

Respond to this message   
Ruzuwok
(Login ruzuwok)

here's the marks

August 4 2017, 4:11 PM 

image1

Respond to this message   
Ruzuwok
(Login ruzuwok)

here's the marks

August 4 2017, 4:11 PM 

image1

Respond to this message   
Ruzuwok
(Login ruzuwok)

here's the marks

August 4 2017, 4:10 PM 

Respond to this message   

Mike Aeromat209
(Select Login Aeromat209)
Paneristi

it most likely was not the leather but the coated metal on the Bag

August 4 2017, 5:40 PM 

The snaps or grommets on a lot of leather bags are coated with paint or clear material that can rub on to other surfaces .
Try warm water and a soft cloth rag like a cotton t- shirt
try warm water and a soft tooth brush
always be conservative on the pressure applied should come off with light pressure.

Good luck be patient!

Cheers Mike

Respond to this message   

Kevin O'Dell
(Login kevin5)

Use a pencil/pen earaser....

August 5 2017, 4:34 AM 

it does well removing marks from ceramic.

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

Plus one - it's not the ceramic - it's what bag residue on top of it >>>>>

August 6 2017, 3:33 AM 

Lmk if this doesn't work I can suggest something a touch stronger but it's not the ceramic that is showing color it's the residue from the bag you see so removing the residue is the job !

From my "Heart of Hearts", for any Help, Support or Simply "Spreading" the WORD ..........

!!!!!!!! Thank You So MUCH !!!!!!!!

http://hammer.swda.org.au/

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEND A HAND ANYWAY YOU CAN happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

"If I can encourage one person with a disability to be active and live well, and if I can tell them about a product or service that will help them achieve that, then thats a great day for me".

So much MORE than just a Watch wink.gif

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS wink.gifwink.gif

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP wink.gif
[linked image][linked image] Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Respond to this message   
It worked but not completely
(Login ruzuwok)

Re: Plus one - it's not the ceramic - it's what bag residue on top of it >>>>>

August 6 2017, 8:07 AM 

It worked but not completely, used a suede eraser but now those parts of the watch are a 'lighter tone'. What do you suggest?

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

Ok next is to buy a 1> micron paper polish >>>

August 6 2017, 11:40 PM 

You can find on the bay - go for the lowest micron you can find - at worst get 1 micron it's like a piece of tissue paper and has a small impregnated ingrained finish on one side - just take a small piece and wind it around a flat but bendable (like even use your rubber remover) cut down in size or a small soft block so you get better control and very lightly rub against the bezel - it's always worked for me - 1 micron or less and soft pressure ! Try lightly to start and check progress every few wipes 👌

Should do the job and works nice to just clean up small scratches on metal also !

Lmk if that does the job ?

Oh and to tell which side is which run both sides on say **** watch and the side that goes black is the side that's impregnated 👍🏻

From my "Heart of Hearts", for any Help, Support or Simply "Spreading" the WORD ..........

!!!!!!!! Thank You So MUCH !!!!!!!!

http://hammer.swda.org.au/

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEND A HAND ANYWAY YOU CAN happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

"If I can encourage one person with a disability to be active and live well, and if I can tell them about a product or service that will help them achieve that, then thats a great day for me".

So much MORE than just a Watch wink.gif

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS wink.gifwink.gif

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP wink.gif
[linked image][linked image] Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index