<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Haze under Crown?

September 2 2017 at 10:33 PM
Johnny  (Login GWJohnny)
from IP address 107.202.134.6

Recently bought a PAM 321 GMT with power reserve. 5 hours after purchase, I got on a plane to go to Spain. Watch worked fine. Got to Madrid, went to hotel, took a short shower, and put watch on dresser, and went to bed. At 11:00 am next day, I noticed a haze under the crown that took up roughly 1/2+ the inside of the crown. The crown guard was in locked position during shower. And on the plane I adjusted GMT-nothing else. I took the watch back to the retailer (not an AD) and he tried to blame me, but I didn't do anything to the watch and he couldn't explain what was wrong. I gave him the watch/box/papers back and left the store. Can anyone e plain what happened?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jack
(Login CarsandChronos)

Huh?

September 2 2017, 11:06 PM 

How do you see a haze under the crown?

Respond to this message   
Johnny
(Login GWJohnny)

Re: Huh?

September 3 2017, 12:15 AM 

Sorry. The front crystal.

Respond to this message   

dp
(Login fullcourt1)
Paneristi

....pics would be helpful but since you left everything at the ad you should be getting a

September 3 2017, 2:06 AM 

refund soon....hagd
ufPDgnB.gif
V2YsosI.jpg
09sBsY9.jpg?3

dp
just living the dream
chicago, usa
'more than just a watch'....

Respond to this message   

Dave
(Login peezie)
Paneristi

Maybe, maybe not

September 4 2017, 3:11 PM 

Abandoned goods are just that.
176L

Respond to this message   
Johnny
(Login GWJohnny)

Re: ....pics would be helpful but since you left everything at the ad you should be getting a

September 5 2017, 2:03 AM 

I have pictures. Hate to ask, but how do you post pictures. I can't figure out how to post from my iPhone/iPad.

Respond to this message   

Ferry
(Login ferry.monne)
Paneristi

Not unique

September 3 2017, 4:27 AM 

I had a same experience and became a nightmare that in the turned into a full refund, after more than two years fighting with OP directly as the dealer wasn't bothered.

Go for nothing else than a refund or a new watch!

You can read my drama on my personal website, go to watch reviews, PAM00329. If you need the direct link, send me an email.
Best regards,
Ferry

Dutchman, Panerista since 2014 and learning
PAM389 and PAM372 and a bunch of straps

www.paneristi.nl

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

Well for what its worth make sure the watch is opened and the crystal wiped OR >>

September 5 2017, 5:11 AM 

The haze (moisture) will drop onto the dial and the dial will be stuffed as well who knows if any would be round the movementJohny πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί !

The faster that moisture is out the better 🀞🀞🀞

I believe you of course πŸ‘πŸ» but there has been many a time when a bloke goes back to his POS or AD and says how did that happen ?

I want recourse now 🏁 They only have your word !

When in reality it entered because they left or have done something that caused it - like a crown down and lever over but not LOCKED in - that's why I think many AD's just flat refuse to believe you did nothing wrong - again an ATM dry test leak down will prove if there is any small leak in the case sealing - if there is that's your proof - but time is of the essence --- NOW ---once they open it you loose that avenue - fwiw I'd ask if been opened or not now ? If not ring around and find a watch maker who has the dry test machine with printed receipt of the outcome then take back to ad - always better to get that test done and won't cost much - then go to your AD with proof in hand the watch isn't sealing ! Most quality watch makers have this machine and there is one in Malmâ but jocke might be busy 🀀

LMK how u get on πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ίβ™ΏοΈπŸ€žπŸ˜„πŸ‘πŸ»

From my "Heart of Hearts", for any Help, Support or Simply "Spreading" the WORD ..........

!!!!!!!! Thank You So MUCH !!!!!!!!

http://hammer.swda.org.au/

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEND A HAND ANYWAY YOU CAN happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

"If I can encourage one person with a disability to be active and live well, and if I can tell them about a product or service that will help them achieve that, then thats a great day for me".

So much MORE than just a Watch wink.gif

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS wink.gifwink.gif

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP wink.gif
[linked image][linked image] Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index