<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Advices please!

November 12 2017 at 8:43 PM
Criskoup  (Login criskoup)
Paneristi
from IP address 141.237.107.198

Hello fellows , if you have an opportunity to trade a used pam024 for a used Pam 320 which range of € would be reasonable for this trade to your opinion ?
I would like your advices please.
Thanks on advance !

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Andy
(Login Ayer)
Paneristi

Not all 24's were created equal

November 13 2017, 12:58 AM 

The early ones with tritium dials and the polished bezel without the first quarter hour painted marks command a premium because they're far more desirable than the later ones with luminova and the painted bezel. We can't really discuss prices here but if it's an early tritium 24, complete with box and papers I'd be looking for a straight swap. If it's a later model 24 and or missing paperwork or otherwise incomplete you're going to have to put your hand in your pocket. The best place I've found for getting a feel of the relative values is Chrono24.com, take a look and if you find a few good examples of each you can use them to aid you in your price negotiations.

Best of luck.

Respond to this message   
Criskoup
(Login criskoup)
Paneristi

Opinions please!

November 13 2017, 6:44 AM 

Thank you very much Andy for your response !
I think I have to pay much more for this acquisition /trade.
What do you believe on the Pam 320 , it deserves to put my hand deep in my pocket or it is indifferent (as panerai /DNA) ?
Thanks again !

Respond to this message   

Andy
(Login Ayer)
Paneristi

I'm biased so please take what I say lightly

November 13 2017, 11:38 AM 

I had a 312 for a year or so and found it to be very top heavy and uncomfortable after several hours on the wrist. I would spend the first 10-15 minutes after I came home from work each day rubbing my wrist to get the blood circulating again, the relief from taking it off was palpable. It was enough to put me off the 44mm contemporary 1950 steel cases utterly. I replaced it later with its titanium twin the 351 which I adore, but as far as I'm aware there isn't a basic titanium 1950 GMT, a slimmer four digit steel GMT or Due GMT yet. There again you may not be a "weak girly-man" like me and simply not notice the weight as many of my peers seem to love theirs without reservation. happy.gif

The steel 44mm Bettarini case I view as a masterpiece by comparison, heavy yes but never uncomfortable in my experience. For me it still embodies the original solid tool watch ethos that Panerai has arguably lost or certainly greatly diluted over the years of its climb to luxury brand and status symbol.

To be brutal I'd say that neither are particularly sought after, both are standard production models of many years and so will never be in short supply and the market is stagnant at the moment due to them flooding it with far too many watches and hiking up the prices since they began making their in house movements so unless you really love and need the GMT and can find an exceptionally good deal I would stick with the 24 you already have. It's a classic.

Respond to this message   
Criskoup
(Login criskoup)
Paneristi

Re: I'm biased so please take what I say lightly

November 13 2017, 1:30 PM 

Thank you again Andy for one more time, for your valuables advices !
I have to decide until tomorrow and I don’t know if I’ll messe it up with this trade !

Respond to this message   
Criskoup
(Login criskoup)
Paneristi

Pam 320?

November 13 2017, 7:25 PM 

I just like a lot the 1950 case and I’m not so sure if I have to spend a lot of money for this transaction it’s a good deal.
Pam 320 deserves to sacrifice my Pam 024 and my pocket to your view(paneristi point of view) ?
This is my basic question !
Thanks in advance .

Respond to this message   

Pakal
(Login pakal)
Paneristi

Re: Not all 24's were created equal

November 14 2017, 5:00 AM 

I would never trade a Pam 24 for a 320, but that's me!

Respond to this message   
Criskoup
(Login criskoup)
Paneristi

Re: Not all 24's were created equal

November 14 2017, 7:44 AM 

Thank you all for your advices I’ll conciderate them for my next move!

Respond to this message   

Andy
(Login Ayer)
Paneristi

Me neither

November 14 2017, 4:07 PM 

The T-dial 24's are sublime there's simply no question there, I'm a little less enthusiastic about the painted bezels of the later ones but I didn't want to be too negative about the 320 after my experience with the 312. happy.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index