<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What would you do?

November 25 2017 at 3:30 PM
Sy  (Login Syrecx)
from IP address 113.210.77.48

Coming into Panerai as a newbie and now that I’ve owned one, the bug just doesn’t settle. My first Panerai is bought from a third party with little experience in watches. As I did purchase the watch online, as a newbie, there is always that 1% doubt that the piece I’ve picked up could be a good replica or maybe has been modified in one way or another. Even after I’ve done my extensive research on the piece before purchase, There is still that doubt.

For my second piece, I would definitely purchase from an AD and have that piece of mind. However with this current Panerai, I’m in loved but would be shattered if it was in fact a replica. I’m afraid to post it up and being ridiculed. That is the truth. There are no watch makers near me, there are no authorised dealer near me so I’m actually left out in the dark. What would you do?

I could have made up a story and ask if the Watch is real or fake but I know forums always have this and will find it annoying when people do that. I just want to be outright honest as there’s no point if I’m to be part of this community. What Would you do?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
DON
(Login DONAG)
Paneristi

What model did you buy? Se through back? >>

November 25 2017, 6:36 PM 

Post clean images. If a see through back. Best part to check is the balance bridge and compare to genuine models.

Can't get advise without images

DON
3333.JPG

Respond to this message   

Dave
(Login peezie)
Paneristi

Post good pics

November 26 2017, 4:19 AM 

Honestly, there's no shame in inadvertently buying a fake. The issue are fakes passed off as legit. Since it sounds like you're just concerned it's not real (a reasonable suspicion if purchased grey/second hand), just let us help.
176L

Respond to this message   

Ross
(Login RossRoss1)
Paneristi

If you were the slightest bit unsure

November 26 2017, 11:07 AM 

Why did you buy it in the first place? It confuses me when people do this, just buy from an AD and be sure. I sincerely hope it works out for you.

Respond to this message   
Sy
(Login Syrecx)

I don’t know..?

November 26 2017, 1:20 PM 

I bought it because it was readily available and not having to wait days or weeks for it. As mentioned, there are no AD near me that was within any driving distance. And simply, it was also an impulse purchase that I’d come across it incidentally at the time when I had that big urge to just got to have one.

I’m not sure if anyone had actually had this feeling or maybe it was just me. I saw a Panerai online and I’m having that urge right there and then to own one. After it had arrived, I’d just want another one. Then after owning it for a few weeks, spending time and reading more on the forums, I’d became worried that there are such things as good replicas. So having read that I’ve started having doubts. I’ll post some pics later..

thanks for all the comforting words from fellow members. I’m ready to face the firing squad once I post those pic.

Respond to this message   

Pakal
(Login pakal)
Paneristi

I

November 26 2017, 5:45 PM 

No shame is having your friends community help you to solve your doubts. What model is it? Some are easily recognizable based on clear pictures, other may need the watch to be opened and the movement inspected. Go ahead,, post the picture and put your doubts to rest once for all. Buying a second watch just to be on the safe side does not seem the solution.

Respond to this message   

Paddy
(Premier Login Kingsholm14)
High Heid Yin

We all identify with your issues. You are amongst good people here

November 27 2017, 3:07 AM 

You won’t be ridiculed in any way. Allow us to ease your mind. You will at least sleep better plus make a few friends along your journey. Welcome.

Respond to this message   
Sy
(Login Syrecx)

Thanks Paddy n ical

November 27 2017, 6:41 PM 

Still working my way around this forum but here goes. The strap was replaced by myself.

https://i.imgur.com/uaHkVvv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/i0y8AXN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8Ji5qJV.jpg

Respond to this message   
Sy
(Login Syrecx)

Still awaiting reply thanks.

December 2 2017, 10:33 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index