<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Panerai 587 vs 673

November 30 2017 at 5:32 PM
Waikera  (Login waikera)
from IP address 83.248.135.74

Hello! Need some advice for a future purchase. I sold my Panerai 372 about a year ago to fund a IWC Big Pilot 5002. I don't regret buying the BP since it's my favorite I have ever owned by far. But I miss the 372 so much, so i'm thinking about stepping it up a bit and either purchase a 587 or 673. To get funds for either watch I would have to sell my Rolex 116610LV. Could anyone give some pros and cons for both watches?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

DesmoFan
(Login DesmoFan)
Paneristi

Good Question

November 30 2017, 5:49 PM 

I have had a 372 for 3-4 years and often thought of trading for a 587 or 673 when they were newer releases. If I could make the switch for free I probably would, but that's not really possible and with time the desire to trade has kind of faded. At the end of the day you're talking about the MM dial and pencil hands for x thousand more over a 372. Those features are still more desirable to me, but likely just because the grass is always greener on the other side, not because they're really better.

The real struggle I've been facing is the general idea that the 47mm in that case might just be too big for my wrist, which would be the same problem for all of them. This relates to your question in that the Rolex is significantly more practical to wear for most and I'm not sure where you fit into that. If the sizing is not a problem and you have the itch, go for it. You'll never struggle to find another Ceramic LV if you want another down the road. Unless the one you have is sentimental for some reason, move onto the next and see how you like it.

In fairness, I've never owned any Rolex sports model although I've lusted after many and even advised friends on which to buy. I'm not the best person to answer your question on pros/cons between them. As I see it, the PAMs would be more unique and you might have more passion for them because of the brand history etc. The Rolex will probably be a better investment and is more practical for all around daily enjoyment.

Respond to this message   
Mike
(Login mlcdmd)
Paneristi

i think

November 30 2017, 9:47 PM 

i prefer the crown guard over the radiomir case without.

i personally love the green sub though. but desmo brings up a good point - if there are enough of them out there and you can always re-buy it, maybe make the change.

587 will probably be more popular with traditionalists, but i would go 673.
Mike...NYC. My collection so far is a 312 and some cool straps.

Respond to this message   
Setiawan Widjaja
(Login Setiawan328)

Re: i think

December 1 2017, 5:15 PM 

Agree. Pam 673 is definetely better than pam 372 in so many aspects. Is it better than 587, it depends on what's calling you more.. radiomir or luminor? Cheers!

Respond to this message   
JohnFM7
(Login hesalitedome)

Not much to separate them -- both really nice

November 30 2017, 10:18 PM 

I own a 673, which I purchased new. I love the watch, though my wrist is only 6.75" and I most wanted a 587. A new 587 was not available at the time, but the 673 was. The two are really quite similar, though there are slight variations to the case and the crown guard, of course. I like the simplicity of the 587, especially with the trimmer pencil hands. I do remember one person saying, however, that he slightly preferred the fit and feel on his smaller wrist of the 673 to the 587, which was surprising, given the extra bulk of the crown guard. They're both absolutely beautiful watches and their dials and hands are simply stunning. You can't go wrong with either. At this point, I'd buy the best one you can find and not worry too much which it is.

Respond to this message   
Ryan Wenkus
(Login thewink14)
Paneristi

November 30 2017, 10:19 PM 

I had one and really liked it. If you loved your 372, there 587 is a great watch for you as it has the same appearance but in the 1940 case which I feel wears amazing. I like the 673 but for the price difference I would just get a 372. I think you would love that 587. I say got for it. Here is a pic of m,one before I said goodbye.

[linked image]

BTW, I have also become a huge BP fan.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Setiawan Widjaja
(Login Setiawan328)

December 1 2017, 5:19 PM 

IMHO, Pam 673 is definetely better than pam 372 in so many aspects. Is it better than 587? it depends on what's calling you more.. radiomir or luminor? Cheers!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index