<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Paneristi Hellas - Introduction and our visit to the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchatel

December 3 2017 at 8:55 PM
Costas  (Login CentaurC)
from IP address 94.65.156.251

Hello all!

First of all let me introduce myself. This is Costas (aka Centaur), co-founder of Paneristi Hellas, a 1-year old Panerai enthusiast community from Greece. As you might expect, it’s really difficult to properly build a community for a specific watch brand in Greece but with the help of our forum (www.paneristihellas.gr) and the passion of our members, we overcame all the challenges and now we are counting more than 130 members. Moreover, I would say that we are a project-driven community and during the last year we created a lot of cool stuff, a process which is really enjoying! To give you an idea of what we’re building, below is a short list of small projects that we created:

1. Paneristi Hellas Photo Album

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

2. Paneristi Hellas Calendar 2017

[linked image]
[linked image]

3. Paneristi Hellas T-shirts

BTW, this is Spiros, the other co-founder happy.gif

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

4. Paneristi Hellas Mugs

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

5. Paneristi Hellas Buckles
[linked image]
[linked image]

6. Paneristi Hellas Usb flash drive (inspired by PAM529)
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

7. Paneristi Hellas Cleaning cloth
[linked image]
[linked image]

8. Paneristi Hellas Watch Prototypes
Yes, we also created 2 fully handmade watch prototypes, full sets with boxes, papers, stamps, 2 ammo straps, digital security certificates and more. These were not intended for a forum project, they where made just for our pleasure. Although the whole process was really fun!
[linked image]

9. Paneristi Hellas Strap, Buckle and Travel Case (Project Haliacmon)
We created a limited run of 12 pieces, one for each month of Paneristi Hellas existence. Needless to say that it took about 45 minutes from the announcement till the end of this run happy.gif

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

As you can see we were really active and we always have more and more ideas about our upcoming projects.

Now, about our visit to Neuchatel. It’s a dream and a lifetime experience for every Paneristi throughout the world to get the chance to be in the birthplace of his favourite watch brand and I would like to thank Giammaria Varriale (Panerai Sales Manager) for making this happen. Having an engineering background, I always wanted to learn how things work and what are the people behind the brand. And now I believe that I have a good story to tell to anyone that is interested to learn how a Panerai it’s made and what makes Panerai a very special brand.

But lets start our journey…from Athens International Airport happy.gif

DAY 1

Hmm boarding time, destination Geneva!
[linked image]

The happy-lucky team preparing for boarding. Strangely enough, only two guys got iced-coffee and the temperature was about +18 Celsius.
[linked image]

Making sure that everybody in the plane is aware of our visit…
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

After our arrival at Geneva Airport, we had a short roadtrip to Neuchatel (about 1h:30m) with the PAMmobile.
[linked image]
[linked image]

Oh, man, it really happens!
[linked image]

We finally arrived at Neuchatel, the hotel looks great and in stunning location set against backdrop of the lake!
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

The rooms are comfy and…wait! There is a Panerai bag in the desk with some goodies inside, you can’t really go wrong with this happy.gif
[linked image]

We decided to take a walk in the small town of Neuchatel. A very quite place to be for a greek person, so we tried to make it a little bit more interesting
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Don’t ask
[linked image]

After a while we got back to the hotel where we had a quick lunch with Giammaria
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Next, we had the chance to visit the International Museum of Horology in La Chaux-de-Fonds. It was such a great experience!
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

After a short break in the hotel, we boarded to our PAMmobile. Next destination: dinner at “La Taverne Neuchateloise” with Giammaria and Mr. Carlo Ceppi, European Sales Director of Panerai. Traditional cuisine, great place for brainstorming with Panerai happy.gif
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

We went back to the hotel bar for a quick drink and tried to get some rest for the next day!

DAY 2

Everybody ready for the big ride in Manufacture! Let’s start with a good breakfast
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Stunning lake view
[linked image]

And ready for new adventures! (yes, of-course we made special t-shirts for the visit in Neuchatel)
[linked image]
[linked image]

Officine Panerai.
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

We had a very warm welcome by Giammaria and the head of Manufacturing.

New building (from 2014 I think) with a loads of new technology in various areas from environmental awareness to manufacturing automation.
[linked image]

The classic photo in the large clock in the entrance. From left to right: stratos, spiros and me
[linked image]

With all the guys together
[linked image]

Dressed like weirdos
[linked image]

We then moved to a meeting room where the director of Manufacturing made a presentation for Panerai and the Manufacture. There we had the chance to discuss about the processes of manufacturing, the challenges that they face, the innovations and the plans for the future. I was very pleased to fill the same passion that we have in people from the upper management.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

After the meeting, time for the cool stuff, a full tour in the factory! Full tour means that we had the chance to visit every single place of the building including R&D, Test Labs, Manufacturing, Assembly, high-end movements, customer service and so forth. We respected the fact that they are 1 month away from SIHH 2018, a lot of new products were visible in the desks and in the planning boards so we decided to not take any pictures from the tour. It was our way to thank them for the tour and making sure that they are comfortable as well. So sorry guys, we don’t have any pics from the the inside of the factory.

That said, I believe that now I have a very good understanding of “how things work” each time a new Panerai is builded from scratch. So if you have technical questions, just ask.

General comment: I believe that Mr. Angelo Bonati is the Steve Jobs of Panerai, every single decision needs his approval and he has the last word regardless the input from sales & marketing. That was my impression after talking with a few people from the factory.

After the tour, the movements and r&d directors joined us in the lunch. We fired a lot of questions and we learned a lot of new info, great great lunch meeting. BTW, a lot of the R&D employees are wearing Panerai’s for testing purposes, some of them are non-existing references and some of them I guess with retrofitted movements.
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

After the lunch, we thanked all the guys in the Manufacture and headed to the Airport with our PAMmobile.

Once again I would like to thank Giammaria and all the other guys that made this possible. We are already preparing the new adventures of Paneristi Hellas, with new ideas and new projects!

Needless to say that if anyone of you is visiting Greece anytime soon, we will be glad to meet you in person!

YASOY FILE!

Take care,
Costas
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Beef
(Login FLS2K)
Paneristi

Right there, THAT’S how it’s done. Love it! nt

December 3 2017, 9:15 PM 

Respond to this message   

PiterM
(Login PiterM)
Paneristi

Absolutely stunning!

December 3 2017, 11:10 PM 

Well done guys! Really well done...

Respond to this message   
Bernie G
(Login dcvelo)
Paneristi

Re: Paneristi Hellas - Introduction and our visit to the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchatel

December 4 2017, 12:09 AM 

BMG-Tech on orange strap?? Very nice event!!

Respond to this message   
Stratos
(Login StratosZ4)

BMG

December 4 2017, 8:19 AM 

This one belongs to Frederic Dreyer, the R&D Director at Officine Panerai.

Respond to this message   
DON
(Login DONAG)
Paneristi

Thanks for posting - well done (nt)

December 4 2017, 12:18 AM 

sdsfe
3333.JPG

Respond to this message   
Bart
(Login Bart74)
Paneristi

Love & Passion at its best

December 4 2017, 2:32 AM 

...very cool photo story ! Love your passion on all the details !
„This is Sparta!“ wink.gif
...abbiamo tempo !

Saluti
Bartolomeo

Respond to this message   
Jong (JC)
(Login jong1)
Paneristi

Awesome post Costas!

December 4 2017, 5:22 AM 

Thank you for taking your time to share your incredible journey
It was fun to see the passion

Respond to this message   

Daniel S
(Login DonPasta)
Paneristi

I really hope to meet you guys i have family in Athens :)

December 4 2017, 7:14 AM 

because my grandmother was from Leros (and my grandfather was from Taranto, Italy) Great post m8!!
----------------

- Risti newbie with my precious 372 and a vintage Rolex Explorer II 16570 -

Respond to this message   
Costas
(Login CentaurC)

Daniel, stay tuned. You'll be surprised :)

December 4 2017, 2:58 PM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Stratos
(Login StratosZ4)

Paneristi Hellas

December 4 2017, 8:23 AM 

Having the chance of visiting the Manufacture, is once in a lifetime experience for every Paneristi.

It was great pleasure to meet those people at the Manufacture, discuss with them and be able to share our passion.

A great post and photostory Costas and what a way to introduce our forum here at P.COM

Respond to this message   
niellaccio
(Login niellaccio)
Paneristi

super post Costas..see u in Greece one time..

December 4 2017, 9:05 AM 

cheers
niellaccio
daniele from italy

Niellaccio: Sounds good!!
[linked image][linked image][linked image][linked image][linked image][linked image][linked image][IMG][linked image][/IMG] [IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   

Jpvfx
(Login Jpvfx)
Paneristi

Great to see the passion! nt

December 4 2017, 10:00 AM 

Jp
kPEQClUl.jpg?2

Respond to this message   
JB in Shaker
(Login jhb24)
Paneristi

Gr8 report! Impressive community in Greece!

December 4 2017, 1:23 PM 

JB in Shaker

ptL2caMt.jpg
The Hammer Watch

Respond to this message   
Costas
(Login CentaurC)

Glad that you like it, more to come soon!

December 4 2017, 2:56 PM 

Thank you all for your comments, we're doing our best to share our enthusiasm and our passion!
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Spiros
(Login spirosg)

Re: Paneristi Hellas - Introduction and our visit to the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchatel

December 4 2017, 3:09 PM 

Thank you all guys for your warm welcome!!
It would be pleasure for us to meet you in Greece.

Respond to this message   
goldie
(Login goldie_1)
Paneristi

Incredible post and amazing passion! Looking forward to more from the Hellas! nt

December 4 2017, 3:31 PM 

Respond to this message   

Asi
(Login Asimut)
High Heid Yin

Stellar post, efharisto poli!

December 4 2017, 4:38 PM 

Love the passion!
Cheers and best from the holyland,

~Asi~

Respond to this message   
Maxxx
(Login maxxxchong)
Paneristi

WOW!!!

December 4 2017, 5:21 PM 

Greece is one place we always wanted to visit. You will sure to hear from me when visit your beautiful country.

Respond to this message   

Craig F
(Login Cr4ig)
Paneristi

Great trip - great photos!

December 4 2017, 6:01 PM 

Wow, that looks fun for so many reasons! Thank you for sharing!
-Craig F

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index