<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Submersible .... choice

February 2 2018 at 3:20 AM
Max  (Login harrarm)
from IP address 202.33.126.194

Dear watch lovers

First let me introduce myself as I am not active at all on this forum (sorry about that)
I live in Asia and I am a big fan of OP, I have a few ones and my first one was a Radiomir 210 which I bought many years ago
Also I ve decided to buy a submersible OP as I love this design + it reflects OP brand DNA (my personal opinion)

I would like to know which reference among the following ones should I chose?
*616 (carbon) *
*692 (BMG)
*1389 or 389 (amagnetic)

Knowing that my top criteria are:
- Authenticity / Purist choice
- Respecting the brand values and history
- Rarity
- Potential for a future investment (cherry on the cake)

I wish everyone a good week end a thanks in advance for your answers

Max

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mike
(Login mlcdmd)
Paneristi

Tough choices

February 2 2018, 4:27 AM 

Wow, three great options

Love the pop of blue on the 1389 v 389. And the black bezel is beautiful

The other two are more higher tech, less common and between them I like the carbotech better. It's so unique and stealth.

You can't go wrong.

Good luck!!
Mike...NYC. My collection so far is a 312 and some cool straps.

Respond to this message   
Corne
(Login racingfreak201)

For an investment look elsewhere...

February 2 2018, 7:14 AM 

All the pieces you've mentioned are regular production pieces and (except for the bmg coming later this year) all readily available.

None of them are bronzo rare.

The 305/1305 are probably as close to purist that you can get with the 47mm subs. I do however also prefer the 389/1389 with ceramic bezel. The 389 is more chunky with green markers, with the 1389 slimmer with white markers and blue small seconds. I prefer the latter for aesthetics, but the former for its bulky feel which speaks to its heritage.

The 692 is going to be a big hit, but more a showcase of where OP is going rather than where they come from.

The 616, money no object, will be my choice. Primarily because it's just badass, bit also because every piece is unique ito carbon weave, so technically you have a 1 of 1 when ot comes to looks. Bronzos are investments when bought new, but in my opinion they should only go to guys that wear them and intend to never sell them, except for original purchase price...yes,I say that because I want a 382...hahaha

Hope it helps

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

616 but small caveat ? I’m beyond biased >>>>

February 3 2018, 10:48 AM 

I FREAKING Love this one ☝️ made a post awhile back showing various strap images sure you can search it ✅

CarboTech + Carbon Fibre Fork me >>>

photo image.jpeg

From my "Heart of Hearts", for any Help, Support or Simply "Spreading" the WORD ..........

!!!!!!!! Thank You So MUCH !!!!!!!!

http://hammer.swda.org.au/

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEND A HAND ANYWAY YOU CAN happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

"If I can encourage one person with a disability to be active and live well, and if I can tell them about a product or service that will help them achieve that, then thats a great day for me".

So much MORE than just a Watch wink.gif

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS wink.gifwink.gif

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP wink.gif
[linked image][linked image] Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Respond to this message   
Max
(Login harrarm)

Re: Submersible .... choice

February 2 2018, 9:01 AM 

Thanks a lot
I agree with you 1389 is a safe choice
All the best

Respond to this message   

Andy
(Login Ayer)
Paneristi

Re: Submersibles.

February 2 2018, 6:02 PM 

Ignoring your choices and just going on your criteria. Personally speaking an early T-dial 24, sans painted markers is unbeatable. The polished steel really pops, yellow/orange patinated tritium markers (of course you'll have to be very careful to avoid anything that's chipped or flaky as they're dangerous) but for me that ticks all your criteria boxes in spades. Otherwise the 389, it's next on my list happy.gif

Stolen picture!

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Max
(Login harrarm)

Re: Submersibles.

February 3 2018, 4:24 AM 

Indeed..... it looks super nice

Respond to this message   

Nas
(Login nasty204)

Nice