<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Has Panerai "jumped the shark"?

February 2 2018 at 4:47 PM
Scott  (Login auto90)
Paneristi
from IP address 174.215.0.46

In other words, has Panerai changed from an exclusive historic watch company that produced such awe inspiring time pieces like the 203,127,249,232,190,217 ect to producing lackluster "fake patina" shallow achieving snap on back run of the mill time pieces? Remember the decorated movements like the 183g and the 127? Someone in the higher up level thought "let's save a couple bucks and boost profit and stop that and just make them plain looking" What do you guys think?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Micah
(Login micah372)
Paneristi

Not to sound glib, but...

February 2 2018, 5:00 PM 

this discussion has been coming around regularly for the last decade or so happy.gif

Honestly, there have been a lot of great new DNA oriented Panerais besides the classics you mentioned over the last decade, I was fortunate enough to pick one up myself recently, the IMO incomparable 662, which only came out a year ago.

I agree that Panerai is offering more and more non-DNA watches, and is obviously moving into new areas of horology that have nothing at all to do with their history. But so far, they're still also providing a lot of stuff for the historically minded enthusiast to enjoy too.

So jumped the shark? Nah. Changing? Definitely.

facebook.png instagram.png twitter.png tumblr.png flickr.png pinterest.png googleplus.png

Respond to this message   

Chuck A
(Login ChuckA1)
Paneristi

Sharks swim forward or die.

February 2 2018, 5:24 PM 

Much the same with watch manufacturers. I think OP's decision to expand their line, while still producing
models with distinctly original DNA has allowed them to keep up with the times.

Chuck A
photo QuadAvatar.jpg

Respond to this message   

Ross
(Login RossRoss1)
Paneristi

Re: Has Panerai "jumped the shark"?

February 2 2018, 7:11 PM 

How many more times can we beat this dead horse? You don't like them don't buy them, just sayin.

Respond to this message   
Scott
(Login auto90)
Paneristi

I do like them

February 2 2018, 7:20 PM 

Just not impressed with the direction they are going. Sorry I don't go back and read all posts. Sorry I didn't realize I touched on a nerve. Or maybe you are just a bit sensitive today.

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

Brother Scott trust me if you touch on Ross’s nerves - you will know >>>

February 3 2018, 2:50 AM 

He’s one guy who I don’t ever want to bump heads with TFS - it’s just for some who have been here for a decade or almost 2 this kind of thing has come up soooooooo many times so often it’s a bit repetitive but how can you know that so all good mate HAGWE Scott 🇦🇺♿️🙏🏻👌

From my "Heart of Hearts", for any Help, Support or Simply "Spreading" the WORD ..........

!!!!!!!! Thank You So MUCH !!!!!!!!

http://hammer.swda.org.au/

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEND A HAND ANYWAY YOU CAN happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

"If I can encourage one person with a disability to be active and live well, and if I can tell them about a product or service that will help them achieve that, then thats a great day for me".

So much MORE than just a Watch wink.gif

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS wink.gifwink.gif

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP wink.gif
[linked image][linked image] Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Respond to this message   
Scott
(Login auto90)
Paneristi

Thanks Hammer!

February 3 2018, 3:56 AM 

You rock. Keep up the good work.

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

Actually brother I don’t I >>>>

February 3 2018, 9:16 AM 

ROLL .... So your the ROCK 👍🏻👍🏻 in our mateship - always know u have a M8 ♿️🇦🇺

The Blunder Down Under — come visit some time I’ll meet you at airport 👌👌

Not an IF only a when 😏

From my "Heart of Hearts", for any Help, Support or Simply "Spreading" the WORD ..........

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEND A HAND ANYWAY YOU CAN happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

"If I can encourage one person with a disability to be active and live well, and if I can tell them about a product or service that will help them achieve that, then thats a great day for me".

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS wink.gifwink.gif

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP wink.gif
[linked image][linked image] Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

Scott I’m 100% sure they are doing this BECAUSE >>>

February 3 2018, 2:45 AM 

They want to stop to recreate so many dna inspired watches to keep them more PURE and less dilution and with the new DUE

So they look to increase the business by entering NEW markets leaving us less tribute watches rehashed and instead making things to increase profits with new market niches - a biz who has to make profit for share holders they have to make more $$ each year and thus the Due in 42-38 does that make any sense ?

Making our tribute watches more valuable by creating less of them yet continuing to increase profit in new markets ?

I’m sure that’s the mandate and I applaud the initiative to leave less DNA historical watches and more for other market niches 🙏🏻

Respond to this message   
AngelitoJN
(Login ANGELITOJN)
Paneristi

AMEN !!!!

February 3 2018, 10:09 AM 

I’m sure that’s the way.
Why not ?? Try again !!

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

I have ZERO Doubt Angelito— NONE — and if a SIGN to come >>>

February 3 2018, 10:42 AM 

I couldn’t be Happier ✌🏻

Things to come might actually be a GREAT move for us as collectors - less SE’s that make them special, again 👍🏻

And trying to grow their business to keep everyone (stock holders) happy - that’s all good for me - the “Due” will take allot of attention going forward imho fwiw and I’m happy they can grow the bizz into a new market niche - not active in - growing wide not high - and that will take less atten away from more seasoned collectors like risti Watches - I don’t care if People come to the brand for a completely different type of Watch hey I’ll open the door and for smaller wristed brothers of mine in Asia finally there are more choices now than ever - ladies come on it I’ll pull out the seat - now - New serious buyers can take that first jump into a 44 base luminor or fiver - if a really successful person loves the Tourby’s I’m in AWE of him - so LONG AS they can turn out even 1 SE with heavy DNA a year - that’s all I need and surely neither does my Wallet 🤫

Nothing will change what we do here albeit I’m sure many will come and find the real core of collectors - and interacted with them to grow their to education / information- about so much more about just a Watch - who knows - but if it makes them Happy then Im happy happy Happy - one GR8 Ref a year and my mouth is smiling 🤗🤗

Respond to this message   
Troy R
(Login tarichar)
Paneristi

Thank you Hammer for that.

February 3 2018, 5:19 PM 

I hadn't looked at the recent Panerai releases that way, I thought they might be losing their way, or moving away from their roots. But, looking at it as trying to bring more people into the brand as something that will help everyone overall, that's actually a good way to look at it. I think many of us who love Panerai, tend to take it a little personally when the company does something we don't agree with, and I have a tendency to only look at how it affects me instead of the big picture. Thank you for your mature perspective on this.

Troy

Respond to this message   

S H
(Login evertech)
Paneristi

Correct! (nt)

February 5 2018, 2:53 AM 

: ) : ) DNA watches or closer to it .. will be more valuable every time OP launches another range of new age Panerai
[linked image][linked image][linked image][linked image]

Respond to this message   
jib
(Login jibuti)
Paneristi

when money talks a ******** walks.....as usual, sorry OP.....

February 4 2018, 7:20 PM 

"it is only water in stranger s tear"

Respond to this message   
jib
(Login jibuti)
Paneristi

that is bull..... and his cr ap....

February 4 2018, 7:21 PM 

"it is only water in stranger s tear"

Respond to this message   
Scott
(Login auto90)
Paneristi

You sound rude.

February 7 2018, 3:21 PM 

Maybe you should go read the rules of the forum. You sound like a sad little man. Here they are in case you missed them:

Treat others as you would like to be treated. We promote dignity, respect and sensitivity to others as a keystone of this Forum.

Respond to this message   
Scott
(Login auto90)
Paneristi

Rude person

February 7 2018, 3:22 PM 

And I meant that for Jib in case you didn't get it.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index