<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Carbotech has arrived...

February 9 2018 at 8:51 PM

Bill  (Login Pamsaplenty)
from IP address 47.185.99.177

I've been on here for years, and collecting PAMS since 1997, buying the pieces I love. I have been on the fence about the Carbotech for several months, as is the case for most pieces I buy--I need to know I want it. I realize it is arguably the most polarizing piece Panerai has made; there is no middle of the road --you either love it, or hate it. And that's ok. I love it.

I don't buy for others (thank goodness), but for myself. I hunted around with many of the boutiques, and struck up a conversation with the people in Waterside Shops in Naples--what an incredible group of people there. I kept asking for more photos, more information etc, and they never missed a beat. I have purchased from several boutiques, and dealers over the years, Naples was a fantastic experience, and I plan to buy more from them. Believe it or not, another Carbotech and the BMG Tech. That said, I love the watch, and very happy I acquired it, and extremely grateful for the people at the Naples Boutique--wonderful experience.

I have attached a couple of photos for your viewing pleasure. I am very taken by its various moods; in low light it is very dark, in bright light it becomes a black bengal tiger. I love it. I have some wonderful and incredibly expensive English leather and blue thread I plan to make a striking band with. And, "no" I do not make straps for others anymore. Just myself these days--

I hope you enjoy the receiving, opening and wearing experience as much as I am. Thanks Naples Panerai--as Nacho LIbre would say: "They're the besssst!"

photo IMG_0144_zpsaczysjp7.jpg

photo IMG_0145_zpsn7t83vh9.jpg

photo IMG_0147_zpsum4gnkxa.jpg

photo IMG_0146_zpshwesfqez.jpg

photo IMG_0148_zpsban5is3v.jpg

photo IMG_0151_zpsplecc4l7.jpg

photo IMG_0153_zpsymf2vvqp.jpg

Cheers to all...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Pakal
(Login pakal)
Paneristi

Re: Carbotech has arrived...

February 9 2018, 9:01 PM 

It's a solid piece, I love it too !
congrats.

Respond to this message   
Beef
(Login FLS2K)
Paneristi

Boom, congrats! And yes, the folks at Naples are the best! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

February 9 2018, 9:13 PM 

Respond to this message   

Craig F
(Login Cr4ig)
Paneristi

Congratulations!

February 9 2018, 9:41 PM 

I have still not seen one in person.
-Craig F

Respond to this message   

Bill
(Login Pamsaplenty)

Pictures don't do it justice...

February 9 2018, 11:17 PM 

The watch is a good size, very comfortable to wear, in fact more so than other subs I own. The weight is less than I expected, and it just feels good. I have been looking for a dark watch for some time, and I have heard to many horror stories about the ceramics, so punted. I do love them, though. This is a great piece to fill that slot for me.

Respond to this message   
Jesse
(Login jjvd21)

Re: Congratulations!

February 10 2018, 12:55 PM 

I evaluated a Carbotech yesterday at the NY boutique while getting my 438 bracelet adjusted. I was surprised at how light it felt despite its size. Very interesting piece as it’s appearance changes as you move it around, the light catches the grains in the carbon material and either reflects or is absorbed. This was highly noticeable on the bezel. Great piece.
177, 438, 508, 375

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

Big Up’s Bill - 1 I love so much biased as you will see - never 2 alike due to the >>>

February 10 2018, 1:45 AM 

Patina over time it will darken up and truly you have to see in the flesh images don’t due justice as u said ✊

CONGRATS Bill 616 is so so KOOL πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ»

Here’s mine from a couple of years ago and today just a bit darker where I touch with hands I spent allot of time with the director of quality and testing in Milan and if you heard what they did to it to enable confidence in this new technology you would freak - the drop test was passed at insane height and onto hard surfaces it’s super strong and feel so high tech just love it 😍

Mine >>

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/message/1463522370/Just+have+to+say+-+the+new+CARBO+is+a+CRAKA+-+stick+a+fork+and+here%27s+why+%26gt%3B%26gt%3B

From my "Heart of Hearts", for any Help, Support or Simply "Spreading" the WORD ..........

!!!!!!!! Thank You So MUCH !!!!!!!!

http://hammer.swda.org.au/

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEND A HAND ANYWAY YOU CAN happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

"If I can encourage one person with a disability to be active and live well, and if I can tell them about a product or service that will help them achieve that, then thats a great day for me".

So much MORE than just a Watch wink.gif

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS wink.gifwink.gif

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP wink.gif
[linked image][linked image] Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

One more might be of interest >>>

February 10 2018, 1:49 AM 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/message/1463119829/So+UNIQUE+Greg+--+WHy+--+already+I+start+to+see+my+personal+PATINA+-+Yes+it+does+%26gt%3B%26gt%3B

From my "Heart of Hearts", for any Help, Support or Simply "Spreading" the WORD ..........

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEND A HAND ANYWAY YOU CAN happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

"If I can encourage one person with a disability to be active and live well, and if I can tell them about a product or service that will help them achieve that, then thats a great day for me".

What Watch ,, it's the M8TES behind my brand that I LOVE ,, the Watch is just the GPS wink.gifwink.gif

A decade on ,, I COPY it now ,, More than EVER b4 >> it's a PANERAI behind every Panerai is a PANERISTI happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

And dat , SIMPLY blows me away ,, U Bet....................... BBQ Drew RIP wink.gif
[linked image][linked image] Feel the Passion ,, Respect the DNA ,, Cheers Beers ,,, Hoo Roo Hammer happy.gifsad.gif

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

Did anyone say STRAPS >>>

February 10 2018, 1:50 AM 

http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/message/1463522370

Respond to this message   

Bill
(Login Pamsaplenty)

Wow! Impressive, Hammer.

February 10 2018, 2:08 AM 

I have more straps than an S&M shop in Hollywood. I started making books, far more fun and less tedious--hobby of course. Not selling anything but my body, but only to female models.

Respond to this message   

Hammer
(Login ThunderDownUnder)
High Heid Yin

Your a Funny πŸ˜‚ Bugger Bill - you u will never tire from this Cracka congrats again (nt)

February 10 2018, 2:35 AM 

Respond to this message   
Stephen Dumperth
(Select Login sdumperth)
Paneristi

Matches the Bimmer

February 11 2018, 2:45 PM 

Great score!
Love that piece!
[linked image]

🀘🏼😝🀘🏼. 🀘🏼😝🀘🏼 . 🀘🏼😝🀘🏼[linked image]🀘🏼😝🀘🏼 . 🀘🏼😝🀘🏼 .🀘🏼😝🀘🏼

Respond to this message   
Carlos
(Login cquilichini)
Paneristi

Congrats on the find

February 12 2018, 4:05 PM 

I truly enjoy my PAM616 Carbotech. It does darken with time and use and is soooo comfortable.

Enjoy in good health and you will make more straps for this piece than any other, trust me!!!!!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index