Return to Index  

A Look At Tomorrow for Wednesday, Nov. 30th

November 29 2011 at 12:54 PM

Pat  (Premier Login Mrs.B.)
Forum Owner

Brady's office: Brady is at his desk when a paper airplane sails by. He picks it up and reads - You were right. Truce. Madison peeks around the door when Brady calls out he's going to have this framed telling him he has no proof it's from her. Brady still has the satisfaction of knowing it was her. Madison tells him she got upset this morning and let her emotions get the best of her. Now that her head is clear she can see that keeping Mad World's corporate headquarters here is what is best for the company. I'm not going to let Kate run me out of town. Personally Brady would have hated to see her leave especially since things are getting so interesting around here. Madison thanks him for stopping her from making a huge mistake. I've never had anyone look out for me like that; it was kind of nice. Brady comments that everyone can use a little input now and then. Madison tells him not to make a habit out of it. Brady understands but as owner of her company he still needs to know what her next move is. Madison - If I'm keeping Salem as my base of operations, I have to cut into Kate's local market share. Brady agrees. Madison - I have to find some way to get the locals to view Mad World as a homegrown company. Brady asks how she intends to do that. Madison has a few ideas. Brady talks about people coming from all over the world to Mad World to test the cosmetics. Think Ben & Jerry's Vermont factory just with cosmetics not with ice cream. Madison concedes that would outshine Kate's puny product shelf at Quinn's day spa. Brady wants to hear her ideas. She tells them their ideas are remarkably similar. Brady - Great minds think alike. He had research put together some preliminary numbers and he's going to show them to her. I'm very glad we're on the same page about this. Madison - Absolutely! After Brady leaves the office she adds - Of course it never hurts to have a backup plan. Brady is going through files when Madison mentions she's hungry. Would you like to grab a bite to eat, my treat. Or don't you like a woman to pay? Brady is old-fashioned, so no he doesn't. Madison reminds him that he signs her paycheques so technically he's always paying. Brady is confused. You told me you don't like to socialize with business partners. That's the one rule you never break. Madison - I'm in the mood to break a few rules. Do you care to join me?

Horton house - Part 1: Jennifer paces, listens at the door, looks out the window, sits, gets up and checks again to see if anyone is at the door, sits down and flips through a magazine. She jumps up when she hears the door open but it's only Bo and Hope. They apologise for not ringing the bell - they thought she was going out. Jen does have a date with Daniel but either he's late or he stood her up. Bo gives plausible reasons why he could be late; Jen adds or he's just tired of this whole situation with Jack. I can't blame him. It's a rotten situation. Hope is sure Dan would have called if he was cancelling. Jen says if he doesn't show up, she'll help them with the search to find out the secret of Gran's bank accounts. There's a knock on the door. Jen runs into the foyer, opens the door and kisses Dan. Dan apologises for being late. Jen is so happy he's here; she thought he had given up on her. Dan isn't doing that. Jen is pleased - she kisses him. Hope hovers in the doorway. Bo calls her Mrs. Kravitz and tells her it's impolite to eavesdrop. Hope is worried about Jen and she can't hear anything with Bo talking. Bo tells her she can talk to Jen later - put some of your sleuthing skills to help solve Mrs. H.'s secret. Hope does think they are getting closer but let's get more boxes. Bo knows what she's up to but he goes with her anyway. The camera pans to a taped up box on the coffee table. Jen and Dan come into the empty living room. He apologizes for postponing their date the other night. He needed some time to get his head screwed on straight. Jen understands. He has so much going on, finding out he was Maggie's son plus the whole seesaw they've been on. Dan pulls out 2 tickets to a sold out symphony tonight - that's why he was late. They kiss again after some banter.

Brady Pub - Part 1: Marlena joins Jack at a table. I got your voicemail. I usually charge people when they cancel without giving 24 hours notice. Jack wonders how she knew where he was. Marlena heard Caroline's voice in the background of his voicemail. Jack thinks she missed her calling; she should have been a detective. Marlena - We're very much alike. We both try to get at the motivation for people's behaviour. Jack isn't in the mood for getting his head shrunk tonight. If you don't mind, please just leave me in peace. He drinks some beer. Marlena comes back with a cup of coffee. Jack thought she was going to leave him in peace. Marlena - No, I gave you enough time to come up with an appropriate apology. Jack - Yes, I am sorry. Jennifer is on a date with Daniel tonight; it's put me in a foul mood. Tonight I'm not in the mood to face up to any of my demons; let them all lie, bury them and peacefully coexist. He drinks some more. Marlena - Isn't that what you've been trying to do since you came back to Salem? How's that working for you? Jack - I've come up with some survival strategies. Marlena - Burning up a bar tab, I see. Jack, being held captive in Afghanistan is unspeakably traumatizing but unless you deal with that, you won't get past it. You will not find any peace. Jack waves his beer glass - I'm trying. Marlena - How? Jack shrugs and nods towards his beer glass. Marlena - Look, I know it's awfully hard to talk about what you went through. You've taken the first step; you made the appointment. Why didn't you follow up? Jack - Like the saying goes, liquour is quicker and cheaper and come on, you shrinks charge a fortune. Marlena chuckles - Yeah. So it's a home remedy. You're going to self-medicate with too much alcohol. Jack - Well, whatever helps me find a moments relief. Marlena - Until when; you just black out? Jack - If I'm lucky. Marlena - So you've decided that running away from your problems will be easier than solving them. Jack - Well, Jennifer and everyone else seem to think that's what I do best. So I say stick with the way you know. He drinks more beer. Marlena - Jennifer thinks you run away from your problems. What do you think? Jack - I can see how she could see it that way. I think I tend to be implusive and my impulses say avoid, avoid, avoid. Marlena - Avoid what? Jack - Any emotions that make me feel uncomfortable. I mean why go there. He drains his glass. Marlena - So then your emotions end up getting pushed down even farther. Jack - Yeah, out of sight, out of mind. That's my motto. That's what I always say. He gets up to get another beer. Marlena follows him to the bar - Do you think that's a healthy way to handle your problems? Jack - In my defence, it's not like I had really healthy role models for healthy, adult behaviour. Marlena - What do you mean? Jack - Well, putting aside my biological father who was a real treat; he used to beat his family, let's look at my ... the man who raised me, Harper Deveraux. Controlling Senator by day, knife-wielding serial killer by night. Marlena - Were you close to him? Jack - I tried to be. I thought I was. I used to look up to him, wanted to be like him, admired him. Marlena - Be like him how? Jack - Well, he was always in control of everything. Nothing shook him, nothing. And to find out how ... that he was ... how he was and how he really dealt with things ... Marlena - That must have been the betrayal of a lifelong trust. Jack - So you're saying my tendency to run away from people that I love or care about started with him. I mean, what, I was scared? Marlena - Were you? Jack - Jack hems and haws ... Well of, I don't know, that I would let them down again or ... Marlena - What? Jack - This is silly. Marlena - None of it's silly, Jack. Jack - What if they let me down? What if they weren't who I thought they were, huh. See, it's ridiculous. Marlena - No, it's not. I think it's incredibly perceptive.

Horton house - Part 2: Bo and Hope return to the living room with more boxes. Jen tells them they're on their way to the symphony. She asks why more boxes - we've been through them several times. Dan asks if they've had any luck yet. Bo - No, things have actually gotten more complicated. We found a picture of this baby that nobody recognises and a paperweight that was a gift from Stefano to Mrs. H. Dan asks why Stefano would give her a gift. Hope - We have absolutely no idea but I tried asking him. Dan guesses she didn't get very far. Hope - He tried to get me to give up. Anyway, we figure the answers have to be in these boxes somewhere. Dan looks around - This is a lot of stuff. Jen - Gram loved to hold on to all of her things. I'm sorry we have to bail. I wish we could stick around and see what else Gram left behind. Dan signals Bo and Hope to give him a minute with Jen. Dan tells her it's fine with him if they go to the symphony another night. We can stay here and help out. Jen - What about our date? Dan - We'll make it a double date. Order some food, open some wine. Jen reminds him he went to all that trouble of getting the tickets. Dan would enjoy a date where he could look at her and talk to her. Jen asks if he's sure. He is. They kiss. Bo starts whistling. Dan - Okay, what do we do first? Bo - Someone mentioned ordering out for food - I'm starving. Dan and Bo head to the kitchen where the take out menus are. Jen sits next to Hope, Hope puts her arm around her - Pretty dreamy, huh? Jen agrees.

Brady Pub - Part 2: Jack raises his glass - You tricked me. You used your wily, doctor ways to get me to spill my guts. Marlena - No, you wanted to talk. You just weren't sure where to start. Jack - I guess not but if you're going to insist I keep my appointment maybe we should pick a place a little less public. Marlena - Alright, what about the townhouse? Jack - No, I couldn't do that. I'm sorry. Marlena - I'm not going to ask you to get on the sofa. I just don't have an office yet. I can promise it will be quiet and peaceful.

Horton house - Part 3: Dan finds one of Mickey and Maggie's wedding pictures. She's in crutches - is is because of the MG? Jen - No, she was in a horrible car accident when she was a young girl and that's what killed both of her parents. Hope - After that accident she closed herself off from the rest of the world for a long time. When Uncle Mickey met her, she was living alone on a remote farm. Dan - How did she manage? From what Bo heard, she hired men to the tend the fields and livestock and she pretty much did everything else. Dan - That's remarkable. Hope - No, that's Maggie. Dan - I thought I knew her so well. Jen points out there's probably a lot of things Maggie still doesn't know about him. Dan - Me, I'm an open book. Jen is glad they got to spend Thanksgiving together. I really missed you. Dan missed her too. I know I haven't really warmed up to the idea of Maggie being my mother but I'm grateful more and more every day. He tells Bo and Hope he doesn't know if he's thanked them yet. Hope says it was really Gran. She's the one who did all the hard work tracking you down. Dan hopes he can repay them by helping them track down more of these secrets. Jen hands Bo and Hope each a stack of cards and letters. Dan finds some wedding pictures. Here's Maggie and Mickey. Goodness, here's Bo and Hope. Bo - Which wedding? Hope pokes him. Bo - It's a legitimate question. Hope says he's right. They were all wonderful. Dan then comes across Jack and Jen's photo.

HTS Outdoor Cafe: Brady and Madison are eating dessert. Madison comments that who knew a person could get such delicious pineapple upside down cake in Salem especially this time of year. Brady - I told you that you should stay. Salem has a few things that you can't find anywhere else in the world. Madison lets him sample her dessert. He then feeds her some of his coconut mousse. Heavy flirtation going on over dessert. Brady tells her to picture herself on a Hawaiian beach. Brady makes a toast - To breaking rules and to the power of the subconscious.

Horton house - Part 4: Jen tells Hope she can't believe that Daniel saw her and Jack's wedding picture. Hope tells her not to worry. He knows you were married to Jack. I think he took it in stride. Jen - You know what I hate. I hate that I didn't have Thanksgiving with him. I hate that I have these two men on a string waiting for me to make up my mind. Hope - Given that the two men are Daniel and Jack, I'd have to say a lot of women would love to be in your shoes. Jen - I'm not enjoying one minute of this. Hope knows that she hates the idea of breaking anyone's heart. Are you any closer to making a decision? Jen - No. I thought I would be through this by now but I'm as confused as ever. Hope - Sorry, I certainly don't envy you. Jen - I wish I could just flip a coin. You're so lucky because you've always known that Bo is the man for you. Hope - But we've definitely had our ups and downs - huge ones. But you're right, Bo is the only man I've ever loved, ever will love. Jen - I thought that once about Jack. I wish that I felt sure about anything right now. Hope - Give yourself some time because I know in the end, you will make the right decision.

John & Marlena's townhouse - Part 1: Marlena tells Jack to make himself comfortable - any place is fine. He looks at a wedding picture of John and Marlena and tells her he went to visit John yesterday. Marlena - You did, that was kind of you. Jack - He seems in good spirits. Marlena - Oh, then he's faking. He's very uncomfortable in confined spaces. Jack has flashbacks of being tortured. Marlena asks him if he's alright. Jack - I'm fine. What did you say? Marlena - Does this happen to you very often? Jack - What? Marlena - Well you clearly went to some other place, some place that was very uncomfortable. Would that be Afghanistan? Jack nods. Marlena - You were concerned that your were having symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Cue more flashbacks. Jack stammers over his words - I can't talk about that right now. Marlena - Alright. You might find it helpful to write things down; a journal, get those feelings at least out of your body ... Jack - Uh ... Uh ... Uh ... So I can feel what it's like to be kidnapped again. So I can feel like I'm going to die in a hole. No, I don't think you know what you're asking. I don't .. no ... I don't think you know.

Horton house - Part 5: Bo hands a picture to Dan that he's got to see. Dan teases Jen - How much hairspray did you use? Jen - No fair. That was the 80's - everyone wore their hair like that. Dan is just happy there's no pictures of him in here. Hope shows him the picture they found telling him they realised it looks nothing like him. Dan - It's definitely not me - I was much less cute. Hope and Jen highly doubt that. Hope finally opens the box the camera focused on at the beginning of the show and pulls out a book. Gran loved this book. Inside she finds an envelope addressed to Gran from London. Jen asks who it's from. Hope - S. Banks. Bo - Susan Banks. Dan asks who that is. Jen - That's EJ DiMera's mother. Why was Susan Banks writing a letter to Gram? Hope pulls out the letter. Looks like Susan was asking for Gran's help. Dear Mrs. Horton, Little Elvis is very, very sick. After chasing our tail all over London looking for the right help for our angel, Edmund and I found this fancy, schamcy doctor. He does this experimental treatment that could possibly save my sweet, little darling's life but we can't even get an appointment to see his royal highness. I know you are all well connected to the doctor people and you were always so kind to me and my baby. If you could get in touch with this specialty doctor and get him to help my Elvis, I would be forever and ever grateful. Please let me know if you can help. Most sincerely, Susan Banks. Bo - Do you think Mrs. H. helped her. Jen - That's Gram; of course she helped her. Hope - Wait, there's more here. P.S. I've included a picture of Elvis Junior in case you've forgotten him. Dan waves the picture around that they had given him earlier. P.S.S. Please do not tell Stefano anything about this. I think he has figured out that I'm not Kristen so Edmund and I are going into hiding. That man is mean, mean, mean. Dan - Who's Kristin and why was Susan pretending to be her? Jen - Oh my goodness, it's a long, long story. Suffice it to say that Susan was a decent person. Bo asks Hope if Mrs. H. ever said anything to her about this. No. I didn't know she had any contact with Susan after she left Salem. Jen - This is crazy. This is another thing that we never knew about Gran. Hope - I wonder if this ties into Gran's secret bank account.

HTS - Part 1: Brady and Madison are strolling through the square. Madison admits it's very beautiful here. She's lived in a lot of places and none of them felt like home but I think maybe this one could be. Brady knows what she means. There was a time he thought he'd never come back here, now he can't imagine leaving. He thanks her for dinner. He had a really good time breaking some rules with her tonight. Madison says they didn't really break many. Brady asks if they should break some more. Madison thinks they should save some for next time. Brady - Then we should probably just say goodnight. She says goodnight and turns to walk aways but Brady follows her. He doesn't want to say goodnight. Madison - What do you want? Brady - This - he kissed her - she kisses him back. She suggests going to her place.

Madison's room: Things are very hot and heavy between Brady and Madison - very passionate kisses. He unzips her dress and removes it. She takes off his shirt and undoes his belt. They end up on the bed. Madison puts a halt to things. I don't think we should do this. I think you should go. I'm sorry Brady. I can't do this. Brady - Did I do something wrong? Madison - No. It's like I said, you and me, it's just not a good idea. Brady - Fine, I agree. He gathers his stuff and leaves.

Horton house - Part 6: Jen - It's obvious Gram helped Susan because EJ is alive today. Bo - And if Stefano found out about this, it would explain why he gave that gift of a paperweight to Mrs. H. Hope - It's definitely a possibility. Dan - Then the baby in the picture must be EJ. Jen - Now that you mention it, look at the resemblance. Dan - I guess over the years the picture must have gotten separated from the letter. Bo - Yeah, but there's got to be more to the story because once Stefano took EJ from Susan, why would Mrs. H. keep all of this a secret. Hope - I don't know but this is getting more and more bizarre.

John & Marlena's townhouse - Part 2: Jack - Day after day there was more torture or fear of the same. Marlena - That must have been awful to go through alone. Jack - Oh, I wasn't alone. Not at first. There was Brit, a cellmate. A British engineer who just talked my ear off. And then I really looked forward to the distraction - he just went on and on and on about gardening and his kids - John, James, Janet, Julia and Jemma. Marlena - You still remember their names. Jack smiles - Oh I couldn't forget them. I couldn't. I mean he was incessant about how we'd get back home and we'd meet in his favourite pub for a pint. And our wives would get on famously and JJ and Jennifer would get along with all the J's. And it was alright. And I don't think I'd be here right now without him. Marlena - I'm sure you helped him too. Jack - No, I didn't help him at all. I listened and he talked and they came to realise how much we depended on each other so they came in and they grabbed him and dragged him away. He started fighting back. You don't do that and I told him to stop - it's going to be okay. And it's like he knew, he started screaming for me to help him and I said it will be okay. And they took him away and then he really screamed and then he stopped. And ... Marlena - What happened to your friend? Jack - Uh ... they ... tore his tongue out because he talked too much and then they killed him. The sons of bitches killed him.

Horton house - Part 7: Jen and Dan are alone on the couch. Jen says this is the second time he's given up their date night to help her out. She really appreciates it. Dan likes spending time with her. I missed you. Jen - I missed you. They kiss.

HTS - Part 2: Bo and Hope are now strolling through the square. Hope had no idea Gran had so many secrets. They stop and look at the plaque. It's like one thing keeps leading to another thing that's even stranger and more mysterious. Why do you think she kept all these secrets from us? We're her family. Didn't she trust us? Bo - I'm sure it's not about trust. Mrs. H. was the smartest woman I know besides you. I'm sure she had an excellent reason for doing what she did. Hope - When I saw Stefano the other day, he said that when you dig into other people's private lives you may discover things you wish you didn't. This is Gran we're talking about. You don't do think he's right, do you? Bo - Stefano doesn't want us to investigate, I can't think of a better reason to investigate. They sit on the bench. Bo lists what they have; the account, the baby picture nobody recognises, the paperweight and now this letter from Susan. We've just got to figure out how all these pieces fit together and why Mrs. H. wanted to keep them a secret. Hope - What we could do is track Susan down and see what she has to say. Bo - Yeah, we can do that but with this new information, I think we need to talk to Stefano again and this time I'll go with you. Hope - That's exactly what I was hoping you'd say. They kiss.

John & Marlena's townhouse - Part 3: Jack - I heard him scream and scream and then I heard them laugh. They laughed while they killed him, they laughed! Marlena - That's horrible, Jack. That's unthinkable. Jack - They ... (he tries to hold himself together) ... they could do anything and I knew right then that they would. They would do anything and they would do everything. He chokes up - And I knew that I was never going to see my family again and I couldn't do anything. I'd just never see them again. He cries. Marlena holds him as he breaks down.

Preview: Jen with Abe and Lexie to EJ with Nicole - Did anyone ever tell you not to underestimate your opponent because you just made your first big mistake. John throwing the chair against the wall in his cell after reading something - Damn it, I'm a fool.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Thanks Pat - Dorothy595 on Nov 29, 2011, 8:19 PM
  •