Return to Index  

A Look At Tomorrow for Monday, Jul 16th

July 13 2012 at 12:53 PM

Pat  (Premier Login Mrs.B.)
Forum Owner

EJ's apt - Part 1: Repeat of final scene where the gloves are found and EJ comes in. EJ - Where the hell did those gloves come from? Rafe - They look familiar? They should since we found them here in your apartment. EJ recalls disposing of those very same gloves. That's impossible. Spencer hands EJ the warrant. EJ - How is it possible? Rafe - The gloves were here; we found them easy. Roman - So what do you think about that EJ? EJ - Why don't you show me where you found these gloves. Roman - It doesn't work that way. You don't tell us what to do; it works the other way around. EJ - You don't get to come here, wave some gloves in front of me and accuse me of something outrageous. Spencer - No one's accusing you of anything. Roman - We came with a search warrant so we do have the right to be here. EJ - But not to plant evidence in my house that you guys are intent on using against me. Roman - I had a feeling you might say that. Spencer - Which is why we videotaped everything we've done in here since we came through that door. Roman - Wanted to make sure everything was admissable; just in case, it's all by the book. EJ - Does this book of yours include a chapter on personal vendettas because you've been after me ever since you found my father's body. Roman - As much as I dislike you this has nothing to do with personal agenda. We have just been following the evidence trail and so far all the little bread crumbs have led us straight to you. EJ stares at the evidence bag.

Sami's apt - Part 1: Repeat of the Sami wants to talk scene. Lucas - EJ can take his fat wallet and his delusions of power and he can go straight to hell. Sami - I'm really sorry for what you walked in on. Lucas - I'm not blaming you but I'm not going to let EJ pull the crap he's been pulling since day 1 with you and my kids. You belong to me and the last thing I want ... Sami - Wait ... what did you just say? Lucas - You know what I mean. Sami - No actually I don't know what you mean because I don't belong to anyone. I belong to you, are you serious? Lucas - It was a figure of speech. Sami - Yeah, from 2 centuries ago. Lucas - So what, I meant it plural. Sami - What? Lucas - You and me and the kids, our kids ... that's what I meant. Sami - Yes they are our kids. You were in Hong Kong and you trusted me to make decisions I thought were best for them, right? She gives examples of those decisions. I'm still that same woman and you still trust me to know what is best for my family, right? Lucas - Our family and nobody ever said you weren't capable of that. Sami - You did. Lucas - No I didn't. What if I took everything you said literally. Where would we be right now? Sami - We're not talking about me and my big mouth. Lucas - So I'm not allowed to say something stupid every now and then? Sami - That's your apology? That's supposed to make me feel better. Lucas - Don't you think I've known you long enough to know your nobody's property. Come on, give me a break. What I was doing was protecting you and protecting our children. I'm sorry if I got a little upset by that. Sami - You're more than a little upset. You hate EJ. Lucas - Damn right I hate EJ and so do you, right? Silence. You are not only the mother of my children, you're the woman I love and I'm not going to allow EJ to come between us again. I'll do whatever I have to do to not let that happen. Sami - I am the mother of his children too. Lucas - Meaning? Sami - It's just a statement of fact. Lucas - And what? Are you trying to tell me that EJ matters to you as much as I do?

Titan conference room - Part 1: Kate is rummaging through her briefcase. I know I put it in here. Ian - What's that? Kate - The fall sales summary. I have to get it to shipping so we can coordinate dates. Ian notices she pulls up the envelope that was delivered to her. Cue flashback of her locking it away. She finds the folder. I'll be right back. Ian asks her to ask Shannon to bring in his tea. She informs him that Shannon isn't here; she left early. Kate will bring it to him when she gets back. As soon as she's gone he pulls the envelope out of her briefcase and pulls out the folder from inside.

Andrew's house / basement - Part 1: Repeat of Gabi rushing down to the basement finding Andrew and Melanie gone and finding and reading Andrew's note and then planning on leaving and Chad showing up, seeing the bracelet and busting in. Chad picks up the bracelet and starts calling for Melanie as he checks out the house.

HTS: Bo gets off his cell and tells Hope that every frame of the surveillance tapes has been gone through - nothing. The door to door may turn up something. Nicole sees Daniel sitting at at a table. She tells hims she's been trying to track him down all day. Why don't we grab a couple of yummy spring rolls from that Vietnamese truck around the corner. Dan - Not now okay. He gets up and walks away. Nicole - God, what have I done now. She goes over to him. If I've done something to screw things up between us just tell me. I promise I won't make an embarrassing public scene. Dan - Nic, this isn't about you. Nicole thought everything was about her. Bo and Hope come over to Daniel. Bo asks if there's been any word from Chad. Dan - No. Nicole - About what? Hope - Melanie. Nic - What about her? Dan - She's missing. We thought she was in Europe visiting her mother turns out she's been missing for weeks. Nicole - OMG. Tell me what I can do. Bo gets a call from Chad. I found Melanie's bracelet. Bo - Where? Chad - Inside a house on East Adams. I saw it through a window so I got myself inside. She's not here, nobody else is here either. Bo - Are you in that house? Bo - Well get the hell out of there now. You're contaminating a crime scene and could be in danger. What's the address? Chad picks up a piece of mail. It's 309 East Adams. It's between 3rd and 4th. Bo - Okay, I'm on my way. Bo tells Dan that Chad said he found Melanie's bracelet inside a house on the east side. Hope tells Dan they'll call as soon as they know anything. Dan wants to go with them. Bo - As long as you stay out of our way. Nicole follows them as they start to leave.

Sami's apt - Part 2: Sami - I guess it's important to say that EJ is always going to be part of my life. Lucas - Our life. Sami - And I have to find a way to get along with him for the sake of the kids. Lucas - And that's what you were doing in his arms? You were trying to get along with him. Sami - He's upset about his children, he loves them. He was just thanking me. Lucas - It's always about the children though, isn't it? Do you really think I'm an idiot when it comes to this? Sami - No. I don't think you're an idiot. I will explain it again if you want me too. Lucas - I need you too, that might help. Sami - He might go to prison. Lucas - Because he killed his father. Sami - Or he's being railroaded. Lucas - By your dad and Rafe; people you trust, really? Sami - Either way he's upset because he wants to make sure that his children know that he loves them. Lucas - This is the same guy who's blackmailing your son. Sami - I haven't forgotten that. Lucas - I'm sorry, I just can't buy it. I can't buy this whole routine that he's not a bad guy because he loves his kids. I just can't do it. You're fooling yourself. You're delusional again. Sami - I don't know what to say. I just feel that I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Lucas - Why after everything that he's done to you and to us? I get it. I know that we just got back together and you've got a lot of ex's in your life that you've got to deal with. You've got Rafe, EJ and me. Sami - It's different with you. Lucas - It damn well better be different with me because I'm willing to do anything to make this work this time. Anything but if and only if you can look me in the eye and tell me you want the exact same thing.

EJ's apt - Part 2: EJ - I suppose when you don't actually have any concrete evidence you have to go the extra mile to dot your i's and cross your t's. Roman - We've got plenty of evidence; adding to it by the hour. Things aren't looking real good for you right now EJ; your fingerprints on the murder weapon ... Spencer - No convincing alibi for the time frame of your father's shooting ... Roman - The polygraph test you agreed to take and failed ... Spencer - And you have motive given you were first in line to inherit your father's empire before he disinherited you which he had planned to do ... Roman - And then we find gloves in your apartment which you made a good effort to hide. EJ - Okay, where did I hide these gloves? Roman - Again, when questions need to be asked, we do the asking, not you. EJ - This is a blatantly transparent attempt to try and frame me for something you know I didn't do. Rafe - Nobody's trying to frame you EJ. You are right, most of the evidence we have against you is circumstantial but I saw you when you saw these gloves. You're shaken, which isn't easy to do. But of course that's because you know we got you.

Titan conference room - Part 2: Kate returns with Ian's tea and sees him going through a folder. What are you looking at? She takes the file from him. Ian - Something you obviously felt you had no need to share with me. Kate - You're snooping in my briefcase? He lies and says he was looking for some copies of a report. And lo and behold I came across a copy of Stefano's will and papers relating to his estate. Just how long were you intending to keep that from me? Kate - I didn't think it was such a big deal. I didn't think you were interested in his estate. Ian - Really? Kate - We both know I'm not getting anything from Stefano's will; is that a surprise. Ian - I'm more disappointed than surprised. I see us as more than a romantic couple. I see us as a partnership, a team in and out of the bedroom. Kate - So do I. Ian - What happens to you affects me and vice versa. It's better that we have no secrets so now would be a good time. Kate - For what? Ian - To share anything else you're keeping from me.

Andrew's house / basement - Part 2: Chad is standing outside the house when the four from the square show up. Hope - Tell us what happened. Chad - I was knocking on doors in the neighbourhood and I came across this window right here and I saw her bracelet on the floor. Bo - So you decided to bust the door in? Dan wants to see the bracelet but Hope tells him not to touch it. She places in an evidence bag. Dan looks at it - She never takes it off. Bo - Are you sure it's not one that looks like hers. Chad - I'm sure it's hers. Bo - Okay. How much of the house did you get through before you called me. Chad - Just the first floor; there's no sign of anyone in there. Bo - Did you go into a basement? Chad - I didn't think about the basement. Bo tries to hold him back from charging in again. Chad runs in anyway. Bo tells him to take it easy and not touch anything. Chad rushes down the stairs calling out Melanie's name. He tries to open the door. Bo tells him to get his hands off of there. Inside the room Gabi panics and tries to get out through another door. No luck. Bo pulls Chad away from the door - Back off! Chad further contaminates evidence by opening up the window to see if Melanie is inside the room. Gabi hides against the wall next to the door so she isn't seen. Bo looks inside. We've got a small bed in here; there's rope and a piece of rag. Dan - Like a gag. Chad - I've got to get in there. Bo has to push him back forcefully. Back off man if you don't want to spend the rest of the day in the back of my cruiser. Dan tells Chad this isn't helping.

Sami's apt - EJ's apt: Sami - Listen to me you have to understand how much I care about you and how happy I am that are you giving me, giving us another chance. Lucas - Then why are you doing this? Why are you always sticking up for EJ. Sami - I'm not. I don't know! Lucas - You don't know? I've got a funny feeling Sami that you're going to be the one ruining our chances this time. You'll be the one to mess it up. We both know you've always been your own worse enemy. Sami - Then it's up to you to save me. Lucas - Well yeah, maybe it is. Sami - Damn it Lucas ... Lucas - Shut up and kiss me alright. She does. They hear EJ yelling I'll have you replaced as commissioner within a week. Roman yells back. Sami - My dad, EJ. She heads out the door. EJ - You know as well as I do that those gloves were not in my apartment when I left. Roman - The gunshot residue test will prove whether they were worn by you or whether or not they held a fired pistol. Sami - Dad ... Roman - Sami, get back to your apartment. Rafe - You should not be in here and you too Lucas. Sami - What is going on. We heard yelling. I wanted to find out what is happening. Roman - EJ is having a bad day. Spencer - We found a pair of gloves that we believe may be connected to Stefano DiMera's shooting. We're taking them in for testing. Sami - I don't get it. EJ - Your father and his crack troop of investigators here are so desperate to nail somebody for my father's murder that they've taken to planting evidence. Sami - Gloves, is that what you're saying? EJ - They have nothing credible to use against me so they've decided that they're going to manufacture some. Lucas - Like anyone has to dig deep to get dirt on you ... Sami - Lucas! Lucas - What? It might be a bad day for him but it's a red letter day for me. The sooner he goes to jail, the better. You'll be safe, the children will be safe and they won't have to grow up next to someone who most likely killed his own father. EJ - Let me tell you something Lucas, I'm not too thrilled about my children having to spend time with someone who both confessed and went to prison for trying to murder their father. Lucas - I really wish you had died back then. EJ - Do you really want to revisit that rather unpleasant occasion. You want to talk about the shooting that almost cost me my life. Sami - Just stop it. Lucas - You can go straight to hell. Roman has to hold him back. He ushers the both of them out. Roman points at EJ - You stay where we can find you in case we need you. Spencer - We should have the test results on the gloves by the end of the day. They leave shutting the door behind them.

Titan conference room - Part 3: Kate - You could see for yourself that there was nothing in those papers pertaining to me. Ian - Lawyers drew up those papers and lawyers are fallible, even Stefano's lawyers. If you like I could look through them and see if you're entitled to something. Kate - That's not necessary. I knew Stefano very well; he knew me very well and trust me, he would not leave any loopholes that I would even consider slipping through. Ian - If you say so. I don't see why you don't want something from the miserable old bastard after the way he treated you so disrespectfully. Kate as if he knows why Madison isn't in this afternoon. She's meeting with a designer out of New York, isn't she? Kate - No, I handled that. She wanted to accompany Brady to rehab. Ian - I see. Kate - Surprised? Ian - No, what's surprising is she has such a low tolerance for the emotional frailty of others; it's one of the few qualities she and I shared. The same holds true for you, doesn't it?

Andrew's house / basement - Part 3: Chad - Why aren't we going in there? Bo - We were able to enter the house legally because we thought Melanie was in here and we thought she was in danger. Chad - She still is! Bo - Now there's a possibility she was moved so we need a search warrant in order to search the rest of the house. So I need the three of you outside. Hope - We need to do this right. You don't want the person who did this to go free, do you? Daniel reluctantly leaves when Nicole tells him he needs some fresh air. Bo leaves to get the warrant. Chad stays put.

Sami's apt - Part 3: Roman warns Lucas to not go to EJ's again - stay away from him. Lucas - You believe he shot his father too. Spencer - This is police business, you and Commissioner Brady's daugther shouldn't be involved. Lucas - What do you want us to do? He lives across the hall. They have kids together. Roman - We need you two to come down to the station with us to cool off a little bit. Sami - I can't do that. I have work to do. I'll be fine here by myself. Lucas - By yourself? Sami - Yes, I think you should go with my dad and cool off like he said. I'll be fine. Roman - Lucas, let's go. Lucas - If it will help put EJ away where he belongs, I'll do it. Sami makes sure they're gone and then she goes over to EJ's.

EJ's apt - Part 3: EJ opens the door when someone knocks. Sami - It's just me. EJ - What do you want? Sami - Are those your gloves and were you wearing them when Stefano was killed? EJ pours himself a drink. So I take it you've changed your mind and you don't believe me. Sami - I know you'd do anything to protect your relationship with Johnny and Sydney but I don't get what the deal is with the gloves. EJ - If the police can prove that they are mine and they test positive for gunpowder residue they will have one more piece of circumstantial evidence against me. Sami - Are they yours and will they test positive? EJ - That would be a yes on both counts. Sami - Oh God.

Police station - Part 1: Lucas asks if he can grab some coffee and make some business calls. Roman tells him sure but stay in the building. Spencer comes into Roman's office as Lucas is leaving. Rafe asks if he got the gloves to the lab. Spencer - They promised to put a rush on the GSR test. Roman - Okay Agent Spencer, let me ask you something, if the gloves test positive for residue, will you then agree that we have enough to charge EJ with his father's murder? Spencer - Let's just the results back first, shall we, then we'll go from there.

Andrew's house / basement - Part 4: Hope tells Chad he needs to do what Bo said, wait outside. Chad just can't do that. This is the closest I've been to Melanie since she disappeared. I can't leave until I know if there's something in that room that can help us find her. Someone kidnapped her and held her prisoner. Why didn't he ask for ransom? This is bad, isn't it? That means they didn't do it for money. That means there's some psycho out wanting to get to her for some other reason. And what if he's scared and tired - what's he going to do with her then? Hope yells at him to stop. You can not allow yourself to think that way. We have no reason to believe we won't find Melanie and bring her home safely. I know this hard but you need to think positive. Outside Dan beats himself up for not knowing something was wrong. He should have checked with Carly when Melanie decided to visit Carly out of the blue. Melanie is very impulsive and I should have worried when I didn't hear from her. I thought she was having a great time and didn't want to hear from her old man. I swear to God if something happens to her. Nicole tells him he's going to be okay. I hope to God she's found safe and sound but I can't tell you that everything is going to be fine because I don't know that for sure. Dan - Your honesty is deeply appreciated because that is exactly how I feel and how I think. Nicole - I'm feeling a lot of hope here because Melanie is a survivor; it takes one to know one. I want you to know that however long it takes to find Melanie, whatever happens, I'm here if you want me to be. When I found out I was pregnant with EJ's baby you let me kick, scream, rant and rave - you didn't tell me shut up even though you probably wanted to. But I know you didn't want me to be scared and alone and I don't want you to be alone now so you can say anything to me because I've probably said worse. That's something, right? Dan - Yes, that's something. Thank you for being here, for being you. Downstairs Chad says Melanie is not like any other girl he's ever met. I've been going crazy for weeks thinking that I've lost her, wondering what I'd do without her. And now ... how could I have been so stupid? How could I have not known that there was something really wrong. Gabi listens to all of this. Hope tells Chad he can't blame himself. Chad does. Hope - We'll find her. Chad - What if we don't? What if it's too late. If anyone hurts her in any way they'll wish they had never been born.

Titan conference room - Part 4: Kate is the phone. Yes, seriously. No, thanks very much for giving me the heads up. Kate - OMG. My contact at the police dept just told me that EJ flunked the polygraph test about Stefano's death. And that's not all. I guess Roman and his men just came back from searching his apartment. Ian - What did they expect to find there?

Police station - Part 2: I know we're all under pressure to solve DiMera's murder but we aren't going to do anything in haste. We've already arrested one suspect and had to release him. Roman - Yeah, we know that. Spencer - I'm just saying we have to make sure we have enough solid evidence that will hold up under scrutiny. Roman - Damn it, what the hell else do we have to do to put EJ behind bars. Spencer - What's your take on this Hernandez? Rafe - I'm going to go and light a fire under the lab techs.

Andrew's house / basement - Part 5: Dan tells Nicole she should go home and rest. She's not going anywhere. Bo returns with a battering ram and a warrant. Where the hell is Chad? Dan - Downstairs with Hope. Bo - Ah son of a bitch. Gabi hears Chad questioning Bo if that's a battering ram. Let me help you. Bo - Just stay out of the way man. Bo busts through the door and they rush inside. Gabi is now pretending to be unconscious - sitting on the floor leaning against a shelf.

EJ's apt - Part 3: The gloves are mine and I fired a gun while I was wearing them. Sami - OMG. EJ - I did not kill my father Samantha. I swear to you on Johnny and Syndey's lives.

Police station - Part 3: Rafe returns with the results. The gloves we found at EJ's tested positive for gunshot residue. Lucas stands at the door and listens.

Titan conference room - Part 5: Kate - I'm just surprised that EJ is the prime suspect in his father's murder. Ian - Why? He had the most to gain financially from Stefano's demise. Kate - You don't like him very much, do you? Ian - I don't care about him one way or the other. But the person I do care about most in the world is standing right in front of me. Kate has to go to another department; I'll be back.

EJ's apt - Part 4: Sami - Okay, there are a lot of things I don't understand right now but let's start with the gloves. EJ, you are smarter than that, why did't you just get rid of them. EJ - I did get rid of them. Sami - Then how did they show up back here in your apartment? EJ - Somebody must have found them, come in here and put them here.

Titan conference room - Part 6: Ian sits at the conference room table and recalls watching EJ dispose of his gloves. He picks them up. He also recalls putting the bullets in EJ's kitchen cabinet drawer and taping the gloves behind the picture. He smiles as the camera cuts back to a concerned looking EJ drinking with Sami watching him.

Respond to this message   
Responses