Please feel free to visit www.ACHA.com for up to date stats and standings

Return to Forum  

Re: McK Hockey

March 2 2012 at 1:11 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)

Response to Re: McK Hockey

I cannot speak to the figure of 200K. However, I will share this with you. When I interviewed for the head coaching position with Dr. Todd Reynolds and Harry Statham, back when the program was being started, I was told that 125K was earmarked for the hockey program with 18K set aside for the head coach and 5K for the assistant coach. Can't say if that figure has gone up since them or down. Also, of interest, as I was told in the interview, that not only was the team being started to give students another opportunity to get involved, but it was also a business decision by the school. I was told that no one would be cut from the team so there would be no loss in tuition from a player and therefore revenue loss to the school. Informed that even if they were on the team to fill water bottles or keep score they would not be cut. So, as long as the team continued to make a profit for the school, all would be well. Can't fault the school whatsoever for this as college sports have seem to become more about business and revenue over athletics and education. As far as Bill as a coach, I will not comment as actions and results usually speak for them self. Just remember none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes. Hopefully we learn from them. However, I do salute Bill and take my hat off to him. He is one of the best salesmen I have ever seen in spite of what you may think of him as a coach. He could sell snow to an eskimo or shoes to a man with no feet. The only thing that disappoints me is that with their financial backing, the effort should have been to escalate the team to ACHA DI and not backwards to DIII just so they can ring up some league championships and trips to regionals. There are so many teams in MACHA, if they had McKendrees funding, would strive to move up, not take a step back. And no, I am not bitter. My wife is a McKendree grad and as it turns out not getting the job was the best thing for me and opened up better opportunities. Best of luck to McKendree and all of MACHA in the future.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: McK HockeyAnonymousMar 2, 2012, 1:41 PM
  Re: McK HockeyAnonymousMar 2, 2012, 2:42 PM
   Re: McK HockeyGuestMar 2, 2012, 3:24 PM
    Re: McK HockeyAnonymousMar 5, 2012, 9:00 PM
     Re: McK HockeyAnonymousMar 7, 2012, 9:40 AM
     Re: McK HockeyJim SanchezMar 7, 2012, 10:27 AM
      Re: McK HockeyCKich30Mar 7, 2012, 2:24 PM
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum has been created with the purpose to constructively discuss college club hockey. We encourage you to freely discuss any topic you wish, with the caveat that you keep the discourse within the bounds of good taste. While good natured trash-talking is fun, thought provoking and acceptable, any replies that turn personal, disrespectful and/or disruptive of the intent of this forum will be deleted by the moderators of this forum. Our intent is to build up and promote college club hockey and its teams. We need to work together and support each other to make this happen. We already have enough critics of club hockey. Let's do our best to keep things amiable on this forum, as not to give them any ammunition. Best of luck to ALL teams! Regards, Jpower79