CKich30 (Login CKich30-SIUE-) Moderators Posted Jan 27, 2009 6:34 PM
1-6 Seems to be pretty well agreed upon
From here on out you could make a case for about 11 schools to fill out the last 9 spots, however my 7-10 would look like this:
7)Iowa - In their last 4, they went 2-1-1 vs. unranked opponents, but no one has done a thing to pass them up or put them into the lower 8-12 seeds. They are currently 8-4 vs. D2 ranked opponents
8)Central Michigan - currently a .500 club, standing 7-8 vs. d2 ranked opponents. A strong schedule, and some big wins put them in this spot.
9) Here's your toss up, Ferris State or Missouri State or RMC-Maroon. RMC-M has had an up and down year, have probably the strongest schedule for a team outside of the GMHL. They are currently 6-10-1 vs. D2 ranked teams, and their sweep of Michigan will knock U of M out of the top 10.
10) Ferris plays the toughest schedule among teams outside of the top 6. They have done something no other team has, beating #1 Davenport at the end of last semester. That being said, they are also coming off of being swept, 1 of which was a 11-3 blowout from GVSU. Currently 5-10-1 vs D2 ranked opponents.
11) Missouri State has had its ups and downs as well, currently 14-10-2 vs D2 teams, yet 4-10-2 vs ranked D2 opponents. Looking at the teams who currently sit around them in the rankings, a loss and a tie to #14 Ferris, Sweep of #13 ISU, Loss to #12 CMU, a win and a tie vs. #11 RMC-Maroon, and swept by #8 Iowa.
- Also note that, Mo State has the weakest remaining schedule going into the final ranking period, as they dont have any other ranked games scheduled, unless SIUE gets ranked.
RMC-M will play #4 DePaul, Northern Michigan, (SE) #2 FGCU, and #5 Lindenwood
Ferris will play #12 Wright State, #8 Ohio State, and #12 Central Michigan
Mo State fills out the rest of their conference schedule playing SIUE, Mizzou, and Kansas (which wasn't on the ACHA site...)
12) Michigan - Its tough to leave this team out of the top 15 with the wins they have, unfortunately they have done nothing to give anyone any reason to keep them in the top 10. Currently on a 10 game losing streak, the Maize and Blue are 7-10 against ranked opponents, the best record in my mockup for teams outside of the top 10. However 8 of those 10 have come in their last 10 D2 games, add to the fact that their coach was recently DQ'ed for physical abuse of an official, no regionals for you.
13-15) You can play the transverse property comparative scoring game with Minnesota, ISU, SIUE.
Minnesota was swept by Iowa, SIUE lost and tied them, ISU will play Iowa later.
Both Minnesota and ISU split with DePaul, SIUE doesnt face them this year.
Of the 3 teams, SIUE is the only one to sweep Kansas, ISU split, and Minnesota was swept.
SIUE and ISU split with each other, 8-4 SIUE win, and a 7-6 ISU win (leading for only 7 seconds) in Bloomington.
ISU split with EIU and NIU, SIUE has swept EIU and will play NIU to end the season
ISU split with St. Thomas, Minnesota swept them, SIUE doesn't play them.
ISU split with SLU, who beat SIUE twice. SLU wont play Minnesota this season as they are not an MACHA team or D1.
So I would put
13)SIUE - 4-5-1 vs ranked opponents
14)Minnesota - 3-6-1 vs. ranked opponents
15)ISU - 3-7 vs. ranked opponents
The numbers are as accurate as I could get them, if teams didn't report scores, they weren't reflected in the prediction.
This forum has been created with the purpose to constructively discuss college club hockey. We encourage you to freely discuss any topic you wish, with the caveat that you keep the discourse within the bounds of good taste. While good natured trash-talking is fun, thought provoking and acceptable, any replies that turn personal, disrespectful and/or disruptive of the intent of this forum will be deleted by the moderators of this forum.
Our intent is to build up and promote college club hockey and its teams. We need to work together and support each other to make this happen. We already have enough critics of club hockey. Let's do our best to keep things amiable on this forum, as not to give them any ammunition.
Best of luck to ALL teams!