Please feel free to visit www.ACHA.com for up to date stats and standings

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

rank the teams

March 1 2006 at 1:40 PM
No score for this post
stu  (no login)

Hey, just an idea. Rank the teams in the entire league from top to bottom. Power rankings. This is what the teams do at the league meetings.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: rank the teams

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 1:44 PM 

great idea and now that the info is brought out about some the way some of the teams in our league act on or off the ice.

I feel this should be an important part of the process

stu
(no login)

update to what i originally posted

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 2:12 PM 

Power ranking means according to how good they are on the ice, there ability to beat the other teams. Not how you percieve them to be off the ice, whether your beliefs are true or false.

Seems like you can't post anything without someone trying to bring up some implied complaint about a team or teams in general.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: update to what i originally posted

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 2:19 PM 

The league should add shoot out tie breakers.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 2:34 PM 

no I think it does have a fact of reputation.

If we want to become the best league then we need to focus on issues off the ice.

if any incident was a college sanctioned activity there would be an investigation

My comments are to make the league better not criticize people.

From what was posted on the depaul incident. It is a he said he said thing

I think the truth should be brought out and something should at least be noted.

on the other side if mkenndree is giving false accusations that needs to be fixed.

we have a good thing going here.

With a few changes I think this league can got to the next level.

1) more and or new board memebers
2) increase the number of playoff teams
3) don't make it mandatory to play certain teams twice
maybe it goes off a point system

jpower79
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 2:52 PM 

I agree with you, but...

I dont want to hear anything more about the Depaul incident. Or any incident for that matter.

It is already being taken care of.

For those of you attending the league meeting, trust me, off ice incidents are going to be brought up...including this message board. Hence, why stuff gets documented, traced, and deleted from this board. Those of you who are on the list who received the email about the meeting understand it is going to be a very LONG meeting, so again, please arrive promptly.

But as far as power rankings, I dont feel as though Off Ice incidents effect your ability to play one another.

stu
(no login)

sorry about this post

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 2:52 PM 

Hey J

All I was trying to do was get people to do a power ranking. That's it. I will put some time into it and think of mine, maybe that will help.

Thanks for putting up with this thing, I would probably delete more than you do.

Stu

(no login)

Re: sorry about this post

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 2:54 PM 

Stu,

I think its a great Idea...

In my eyes, knowing every team reads this forum, it will make the meeting go a little faster if knowing ahead of time where we rate each other.

and Stu, again, thanks for posting under your name and always adding good content to this forum.

WSR
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 3:28 PM 

How about letting us in on some of the action??? I don't think you want WSR rating teams....besides we will put Missouri State at #1. But seriously, I believe for the most part every team has been good to us. Perhaps it's because we are not the "enemy."

I would like to say that if anyone wants to be a guest writer (full name and contact info) for WSR and talk about the league, experiences, teams, personal goals, gripes (no rumors and or accusations, or naming names and events that can not be verified, etc.) we would like to have your comments.

That being said, my general observation of this forum is that there are a few people (I have no idea who) that like to spout off. WSR is no stranger to being hit. That's fine because if it gets too out of hand it will get deleted. Although I don't believe editing posts is right, I don't believe that posting stuff (whether true or not) anonymously is right either.

The overall goal of this forum, as I see it, is to allow us to learn, criticize, react, praise, talk, enjoy, credit, laugh, discover, meet, find, and join in on a reasonable debate about the best sport in the world....Hockey!

MACHA is becoming a top league, but it takes it's members to make it that way. Be proud you are part if that. I am.

jpower79
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 3:35 PM 

Steve,

I totally agree.

But for the most part, like I would say 90 percent of the stuff I delete, its things where it discredits us as a League. The other 10% is rubbish containing profanity and calling out a player to fight them next game.

Especailly from annonymous people.

Stu
(no login)

Here we go...

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 4:18 PM 

1. Missouri
1. SIU-E
3. Missouri State
4. Lindenwood
5. DePaul
6. RMC-Springfield
7. Northern Illinois
8. Palmer
9. Iowa
10. Marquette
11. Eastern
12. Purdue (they should be voted in for full memebership)
13. Bradley
14. McKendree
15. Northwestern
16. Illinois State
17. RMC White
18. SIU-E
19. Wheaton

The bottom three should consider becoming D-III and the MACHA could possibly have a D-III division and add a few of the Junior Colleges.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Here we go...

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 4:35 PM 

jp

well put if it was noted that the incident is beign dealt with when you deleted it I would have felt alot better

great talk other wise

Anonymous
(no login)

Nice Try

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 4:35 PM 

Stu, thanks for the effort. I know you put a lot of thought into it.
I would differ with you with Iowa and McKendree. They met 5 times this year
with McKendree winning 3, tieing 1, and losing 1. Also regarding Eastern
ahead of McKendree. They also split with Eastern and ended up ahead of eastern
in the final league standings. Not sure how you can rank either team ahead.
They should at least be the second silver behind Depaul. Make sense?

Stu
(no login)

Re: Nice Try

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 4:41 PM 

Makes complete sense. To be honest I really know nothing about the Silver teams. So I am sure you can interchange a few of my choices. I am not offended by people disagreeing. I am hoping that this particular post will help everyone going to the meeting in March. After I see some more posts I know for a fact that my first ranking will change. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

P.S. Would be even more helpful if you made your own complete ranking and not just pointing out the weakness in mine. Thanks.

Anonymous
(no login)

Mck over Eastern

No score for this post
March 2 2006, 12:41 AM 

Having played both teams 4 times I have to say that despite McKendree being ranked higher at playoff time Eastern was a much better team. The times DePaul played Eastern the scores were 3-1 3-2 and 5-1 whereas against McK it was 4-2 6-0 and 10-2 and all teh games were played at similar times. I feel that aside from DePaul moving up to gold the next best choice would be Eastern ahead of McKendree.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 5:41 PM 

1. Mizzou
2. SIUE Gold
3. DePaul
4. Lindenwood
5. Missouri State
6. RMC-Springfield
7. McKendree
8. Northern Illinois
9. Iowa
10. Eastern Illinois
11. Bradley
12. Marquette
13. Palmer College
14. Illinois State
15. RMC-White
16. Northwestern
17. SIUE Silver
18. Wheaton College

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 5:53 PM 

my rankings were the previous post: the only big changes in my rankings were SMS and DePaul swithed and McK. SMS lost first round in the playoffs and actually had less league wins than 3rd place LU. they barely sqeaked by a few teams during the regular season that they should have beat easily as well. the other is McK. they were 3-1-1 against iowa throughout the season and playoffs. they played LU one time and lost only 6-5. they played SMS two times and lost by a only one goal both games.

CKich30
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 6:56 PM 

1. SIUE Gold
2. Mizzou
3. Lindenwood
4. Missouri State
5. DePaul
6. McKendree
7. Northern Illinois
8. Iowa
9. RMC-Springfield
10. Eastern Illinois
11. Palmer College
12. Illinois State
13. Bradley
14. Marquette
15. RMC-White
16. Northwestern
17. SIUE Silver
18. Wheaton College

Some notable changes from other posts:
#1 SIUE Gold - I can understand a Mizzou #1, but the champions are so for a reason.

#3 & 4 could go either way, LU played MSU 2 of 3 games into OT winnning 2, so I give them the 3 spot

#5 DePaul - I feel that the 4 teams above can beat DePaul, yet they reign supreme over all Silver teams without question. Assuming a league switch, they will do well in their first Gold year.

#7 NIU - I see them as a MSU type team, hard working, winning battles on 50/50 pucks, and strong goaltending (is Martinez coming back?).

#9 RMC Springfield - They have their moments, yet they played Palmer tight and are consistenly renting out penalty boxes in the rinks they play in.

#11 Palmer - When all of their players show up, they can do damage to anyone.

#12 ISU - Improved greatly over the last few years, ISU is now a team you can't take lightly, I see Silver playoffs for them next year.

Should Purdue get voted in, I could see them moving BU down for the #13 spot.

Will MSU have a non-probationary Silver team next year?

WSR
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 7:22 PM 

Casey, I see your rankings....excellent! It is possible for Missouri State to have a Silver team next year......

But....4:53's idea about Missouri State fails to take into account that they finished 19-10-4 even with 4 of their major scorers injured at various times of the season. Their goaltending was shaken with the injury of Mike Poepping, they obtained that record with the same players all season (no D1 or jr A players, etc.)

I truly would have liked to see Missouri State take on SIUE in the Gold Division Finals, because from what I saw, it would have been a better matchup than Lindenwood. Obviously, one would never know now.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 7:27 PM 

siue gold
lindenwood
mizzou
missouri state
depaul
rmc springfield
northern
mckendree
iowa
bradley
palmer
purdue
Northwestern
eastern
Isu
Marquette
Rmc white
Siue Silver
wheaton

jpower79
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 7:53 PM 

I dont believe any teams will have a Silver next year (if they already have a gold).

The league is just growing to fast to accomodate two teams from one school.

BUT...

I think we are going to have a Div 3 league also, under the MACHA realm. This way, say SIUE, McKendree, SMS, and Depaul along with some of the weaker silver teams (like a Wheaton and RMC) round out thier own 6 team Division. When you get to the Div 3 status, it also allows for 2 year schools to join like a Lincoln Land, College of Depage, Southwestern Illinois College, Louisville, and many others.

Also, look for Northern Michigan and Notre Dame to enter MACHA next season on Probationary Status!!!

Mike Coleman
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 7:55 PM 

Does anyone know who the 3 teams that will be requesting probationary status this year at the meeting? Heard a rumor one might be Notre Dame...any truth to that?

Stu
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 8:37 PM 

I put SIU E and Missouri as a tie for number one because SIU-E won the big game at the end when they needed to, but didn't do consistently as well as Missouri did through the season.

CE
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 9:02 PM 

Just a thought for people doing their rankings. Eastern while finishing in the 4 spot in silver Did go 5-2 against Gold teams and also gave Depaul a couple of their closet silver games of the year. Not taking anything away from the other good silver games they had. Now on the flip side Eastern did loose a few games they should not have. If a team wants to move gold maybe you should look at the games they played and results from those games. Now as far as Purdue goes, They are a great group and a good team but they had a rough season. Eastern beat them 4-3 and 10-2 so I honestly dont see anyone possibly ranking them ahead of Eastern.
Just a thought.

CE
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 9:14 PM 

My Rankings entire league

1-SIUE
2-Mizzou
3-Lindenwood
4-MSU
5-Depaul
6-RMC-Spring
7-NIU
8-Mckendree
9-Iowa
10-Eastern
11-Palmer
12-Purdue
13-Bradley
14-Northwestern
15-Marquette
16-ISU
17-RMC-White
18-SIUE Silver
19-Wheaton

The #8-11 spots are very close after all Palmer did split with SIUE Gold this year.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 9:32 PM 

Jpower,

did you say northern michigan???? Thats on heck of a haul fo all the st louis area teams. 10 hours if i am not mistaken, I think they would be a good addition but lets look reasonably here as far a travel since alot of the programs have no funding. Just a thought.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 9:36 PM 

northern michigan should not be allowed. the drive is way to far. as far as a division 3 macha league goes, is it allowed for d2 players to play on both a d3 and d2 team? what if they have already played d2? how will the roster freeze at the end of the season affect the rosters? all of those questions will have to be answered before the macha makes a division 3 league. as far as southwestern illinois college goes, tons of talent there.

cloin
(no login)

?????

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 10:20 PM 

Division II North: Depaul, Iowa, IL St., Bradley, Palmer, Northern IL, Marquette, RMC-White,

Division II South: SIUE, Mo St., MIZZOU, McKendree, RMC-S, Lindenwood, Purdue, Eastern IL,

Division III: U of I Chicago, SIUE-JV, MO St. JV, Wheaton, Lincolnland, Northwestern, SWIC, Wisconsin - Platteville

Probationary: Loyola (not enough games), Notre Dame (new team?), N. Mich.(probationary with no possible entry due to distance), UMSL?, SLU?

Kinda like Stu, I'm just throwing the idea out there. So if I forgot somebody, don't take it personally, just let me know. Also, I understand one division may be tougher than another, but in the future, it could easily change. Suggestions welcome.

cloin
(no login)

whoops

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 10:24 PM 

Before I get hate mail, sorry Northwestern. I was coping and pasting and meant for RMC-white to be D-III and Northwestern to be D-II North.

my fault

JB
(no login)

Re: whoops

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 11:27 PM 

Is SWIC getting a team?

Leavy
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2006, 11:44 PM 

1-SIUE
2-Mizzou
3-MSU
4-Lindenwood
5-Depaul
6-RMC-Spring
7-NIU
8-Mckendree
9-Iowa
10-Eastern
11-Palmer
12-Purdue
13-Bradley
14-Northwestern
15-Marquette
16-ISU
17-RMC-White
18-SIUE silver
19-wheaton

Stu
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2006, 6:24 AM 

Would be tough to not have RMC-S, Bradley and Illinois State in the same division since they are all a fairly close drive, but you have to make a line somewhere.

Also, Northen Michigan can't be a good vote simply due to distance. If they are allowed in it could be the beginning of the end of this league as it stands. Eventually teams would break away and form their own league. Growth of a league isn't always whats best for the league. There are costs involved here. Look at the old IHL in pro hockey. They were a good, small midwestern minor hockey league for fifty years. Then they added Salt Lake City and people had to fly and costs started to become an issue. Then a few years later they just started adding anyone that would pay the entry fee and expanded all over the country. Eventually costs started driving teams away and the league folded. A league that had done well for a half a century was completely wiped out due to expansion in about six to seven years. We have a good thing going here, let's not get too big and make the end of it.

If we need to make a six or eight team elite division and allow those teams to play more non-league gaems, we may be better off. Just another thought.

Stu

Mike Coleman
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2006, 7:03 AM 

I agree, Northern Michigan is just too far. I know as a student I wouldn't want to have to leave at 7am on a Friday morning to make it there for a 7pm game. Thats ridiculous for a league game. I think we need to draw up boundaries at the league meeting and say "from this point forward no teams outside this geographical area area allowed...at some point the "MID AMERICA CHA" must make a stance and say "we are going to stay in Mid-America.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2006, 8:14 AM 

i agree the other things that we might have to look at some teams have travel restrictions on how far they can travel etc.

jpower79
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2006, 11:16 AM 

Northern Michigan wants to play games, and as for joining as a full member, I agree its a haul.

But Im suprised no one else has asked why? The reason is you guys. Our three teams kicked enough ass to get to regionals, you are now gaining the interests of some of these bigger schools.

I personally do not like the idea of a north and south divisions. I know it has merit, and can be argued both ways. But me, not a league point of view, just my own little head...not a fan. I feel as though teams might get discouraged with it (ISU for instance) and eventually drop out.

Im not sure on the league rules for moving from D2-3, but I will look into that.

As far as SWIC, there is TONS of talent there. It failed once before, but with the right person there...it can be a jumping board to feed the rest of the teams. Think about this for a minute...Would you rather have a Freshmen who is going to ride the pine? Or a Jr who has been playing against you for two seasons?

And yes, there is a plethera of talent at SWIC...just untapped.

CE
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2006, 11:42 AM 

Dont forget Western Illinois is talking about joining next year as well.

WSR
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2006, 12:57 PM 

Let's just have a round-robin tournament. You win, and you are in. Divisions are made up of the winners. JUST KIDDING!

jpower79
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2006, 1:11 PM 

I forgot about Western...

Hahaha, we will have all for corners of Illinois Universities then...Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western.

Personally, Im excited about all this. Our league is going to grow and its all for the better.

Congrats to all the teams that have been around to make this league the largest College Hockey league in the country.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2006, 1:18 PM 

If we are going to cover all four corners of the land of lincoln, why not try and snag U of I aswell.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2006, 1:57 PM 

with all this growth
are we going to expand how many teams make the playoffs

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2006, 10:08 PM 

Siue- beat us everytime they played us
Mizzou- smoked us
Depaul- killed us in the "ship"
RMC-Springfield- never played
MSU- beat us by one goal each game
NIU-never played
Lindenwood- beat us by one goal only time we played
Mck
Eastern -split
Palmer-never played
Iowa- destroyed
Bradley never played
Purdue never played
Marquette never played
Northwestern- killed
RMC White- lost once out of 4
ISU- beat every time
Wheaton- beat both games
Siue silver- not close

These are how i think they should be as a player perspective from mckendree

iowa10
(no login)

eastern?

No score for this post
March 3 2006, 1:03 AM 

eastern over us...come on i know u guys took 3 of the 5 against us....destroyed is a questionable description as well...but we dominated eastern...they aren't 2 positions better than us...i'd do my own rankings but i don't know anything about gold so it would be pointless

Kevin Harter
(no login)

Re: eastern?

No score for this post
March 3 2006, 10:57 AM 

iowa and Mck are dead even in my mind. 3 wins for McK by 1 goal (i dont count empty netters) our win was by 1 and 1 tie. destroyed is not the word to use. I would personally like to thank the McK coaches and players for the class they displayed against us in the playoffs. it seems the majority of the bad blood has passed and with all of us being adults here i was impressed by the attitudes and compliments after the game made by both their coaches and players. in addition, i do not want this to be taken as an insult to anyone, but if mckendree wishes to go gold in the future i feel that maybe more than just one year in the league is necessary in order to move up. Depaul is a different story. they dominated all silver teams this year and i feel are a lock for gold. but McK is a solid team and maybe a year or 2 down the road they will have a league title under their belts and a couple solid seasons in silver and then make the case to move forward. this is in no way taking away from the season they had, they did excellent in their first year as a full member, my arguement is that a few solid seasons make for a better case if deciding to go gold. again, congrats McK, Depaul, Eastern, Mizzou, MSU, Lindenwood, SIUE and all the MACHA that help make this league so great. A big thank you to travis and cameron at EIU for the tournament, it was wonderful.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 3 2006, 11:33 AM 

Thanks Mike for the nice post about McKendree. We enjoyed playing you and I believe both teams put on some good games for the fans. First of all let me be perfectly clear......McKendree is not interested in going gold. PERIOD.
As far the rankings, here are the scores. People can judge as they wish.
Nov 4th - Iowa 6,Mck 3
Nov 5th Tie
Dec 9 - Mck7, Iowa 5
Dec 10 - McK 9, Iowa 5
Tour - Mck 6, Iowa 4

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 3 2006, 11:46 AM 

Well holy crap...are we all getting along now?

Must be everyones best behavior since they know the meeting is comming up.

And I agree, unless there are a WAVE of talented players comming into McKendre next season...they are a silver team for years to come.

One forward, one defensemen, and one goalie to not win you championships

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 3 2006, 11:50 AM 

and now one idiot on the forum, you.

Kevin Harter
(no login)

No score for this post
March 3 2006, 12:02 PM 

im sure mike would like to post nice things as well but this is Coach Harter. I forgot to mention one individual i would like to thank from last weekend and that was the McK player who talked with me after the game in the concourse. im sorry i dont know your name, but the class and professionalism you showed was second to none, again i thank you.

Current Topic - rank the teams
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum has been created with the purpose to constructively discuss college club hockey. We encourage you to freely discuss any topic you wish, with the caveat that you keep the discourse within the bounds of good taste. While good natured trash-talking is fun, thought provoking and acceptable, any replies that turn personal, disrespectful and/or disruptive of the intent of this forum will be deleted by the moderators of this forum. Our intent is to build up and promote college club hockey and its teams. We need to work together and support each other to make this happen. We already have enough critics of club hockey. Let's do our best to keep things amiable on this forum, as not to give them any ammunition. Best of luck to ALL teams! Regards, Jpower79