TiebreakerJanuary 31 2008 at 12:09 AM
No score for this post
CKich30 (Login CKich30-SIUE-)
After looking at the Gold standings, If Iowa Sweeps ISU, they would have 17 pts and tie Mizzou. Whats the Tiebreaker with pts? They would have the same amount of wins, so would it go head to head?
Not positive about this but here's what I found.No score for this post
|February 2 2008, 10:41 AM |
I couldn't find this specifically for MACHA and it appears to be something that is set at the local level BUT in reviewing other ACHA regions here's how tiebreakers typically work.
The first tiebreaker is head to head, and then the second tie-breaker is goal differential. Makes sense to me but this may not be accurate for the MACHA. Maybe the WSR guys will reach out to some of their contacts and get clarification.
Head to Head Goal DifferentialNo score for this post
|February 2 2008, 10:43 AM |
I should clarify, that's goal differential in their head to heads.
tiebreak criteriaNo score for this post
|February 6 2008, 1:13 PM |
The parenthetical notes accompanying the criteria provide the basis / explanation for the resulting criteria.
1. Total MACHA Division Wins (reward for winning games regardless of the number played)
2. Head to Head Win-Loss Record (reward for direct competition against one another)
3. Head to Head Goal Differential (Goals For minus Goals Against)
4. MACHA Goal Differential (Goals For minus Goals Against vs. MACHA Division opponents)
5. Coin Toss by League President (VP selects Team and Heads/Tails)
This criteria will be used for the upcoming 2008 MACHA Tournament.
|Current Topic - Tiebreaker|