Please feel free to visit www.ACHA.com for up to date stats and standings

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Who's Who at the (s)Lou

September 12 2008 at 7:21 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)

So who's playing on the local D2 College Club teams?

Got a look at SLU's line up (see below). Don't see many that stand out. Tesson, Andreasen and Goodwin are above average freshmen and Moran the only player with junior level experience. The rest look like a Midg level. What are the other college D2 line ups looking like a few weeks before the season? Most should be selected by this time.

Andreasen, DJ Defense Chicago, IL Freshman
Barone, Ian Forward Freshman
Blank, Ben Defense Freshman
Bourget, Chris Forward Sophmore
Derry, Garth Forward Dallas,TX Freshman
Goodwin, Paul Defense St. Louis,MO Freshman
Holt, Worthe Defense Senior
Jodko, Phil Forward Freshman
Leonard, Ben Forward St. Louis,MO Freshman
Magusiak, Jason Goalie Dallas, TX Sophmore
Michals, Mitch Defense Sophmore
O'Rourke,Delaney Forward Freshman
Smith, Andrew Forward Dallas, TX Junior
Swearengin, Brendan Goalie Dallas, TX Junior
Tesson, Tyler Forward St. Louis,MO Sophmore
Topoleski, Alex Goalie Brooklyn, NY Freshman
Busse, Blake Defense St. Louis,MO Junior
Wood, Ryan Center Chicago, IL Senior
Daus, Corry Defense Gurnee, IL Junior
Daugherty, Josh Forward Chatam, IL Senior
Moran, Branden Forward St. Louis,MO Junior
Petruska,Justin Forward St. Louis,MO Junior
Lombardo, Phil Forward St. Louis,MO Junior
Wiltz, Andrew Center Metairie, LA Junior

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Who's Who at the (s)Lou

No score for this post
September 17 2008, 12:36 AM 

They don't have much talent at all. This program will have to be rebuilt from the ground up. Helmkamp will have his hands full in the first year. I wouldn't expect much sucess in the W column this season.

They are already building momentum though. They have by far the best coaching staff in the MACHA if not the entire ACHA. After Helmkamp who has a great repuation for building a program and player loyalty they now have:

- Todd Ewen - Stanley Cup Winner
- Dan Venard - 2001-2004 - Green Bay Gamblers (USHL Tier I Junior "A") and 2004-2008 Notre Dame (Div I NCAA)
- Mike Jaros - University of Alaksa Fairbanks (Div I NCAA)

Who else has two DI NCAA players and a Stanley Cup winner on their staff? If i'm a player i'm going there to play for these guys instead of the clowns with no qualifications that other teams have.

This program will be dynamite in a few years.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 17 2008, 7:34 AM 

Only if the coaches play, there are enough coaches to run 3 forwards and 2 defense out there, lol! Tip to visiting teams, check players ID's, lol! What a bunch of "wash ups".

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 17 2008, 10:25 AM 

Looks like if they were putting together a team to play in the USA Hockey Adult Nationals they have a good start. But they aren't, they are coaches. No offense to these guys, they may be fantastic coaches. If you are going to come on here and say how qualified their coaches are, then back it up with coaching resumes. Too often in this sport people are getting hard ons about people's playing careers. Just because someone was a great players doesn't automatically transfer to great coach. They do have some knowledge and hopefully they apply it well. I know Todd has a great personality in the locker room and if that can be infectious these boys should have fun. But it is just different when you are a coach instead of a player.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 17 2008, 9:32 PM 

Todd Ewen?

Thats about as impressive as saying Shane Churla will be coaching.

This isn't slapshot.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 17 2008, 10:11 PM 

Please tell me which team in the league is loaded with players that have played anything above High School and maybe Midget CS??? I would not be bashing the SLU roster unless I had a team that was loaded with players out of Jr's....Anyone, anyone?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 17 2008, 10:46 PM 

Nobody Coach Helmkamp. Just keep telling yourself that everything will be alright!?!? lol

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

No score for this post
September 18 2008, 2:58 AM 

Great Churla reference...5 points for obscurity

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 18 2008, 6:57 PM 

"Who else has two DI NCAA players and a Stanley Cup winner on their staff? If i'm a player i'm going there to play for these guys instead of the clowns with no qualifications that other teams have."

Florida Gulf Coast, Head Coach Brinkworth, Div. 1 at RPI and played in the AHL.

Assistant - Stanton TWO Stanley Cup rings, Pittsburgh 1991 and 1992

Goalie Coach - Division 1, Hober Baker nominee, AHL

They win by virtue of one extra Stanley Cup Ring!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 19 2008, 8:26 AM 

Now that's funny.

I hear that Ewen looks good in goalie pads. SLU may have to go to him bewtween the pipes, lol. What's that dude from Notre Dame doing in St. Louis, going to grad school at SLU? I'm tellin ya' visiting teams check the ID's!

Current Topic - Who's Who at the (s)Lou
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum has been created with the purpose to constructively discuss college club hockey. We encourage you to freely discuss any topic you wish, with the caveat that you keep the discourse within the bounds of good taste. While good natured trash-talking is fun, thought provoking and acceptable, any replies that turn personal, disrespectful and/or disruptive of the intent of this forum will be deleted by the moderators of this forum. Our intent is to build up and promote college club hockey and its teams. We need to work together and support each other to make this happen. We already have enough critics of club hockey. Let's do our best to keep things amiable on this forum, as not to give them any ammunition. Best of luck to ALL teams! Regards, Jpower79