Please feel free to visit www.ACHA.com for up to date stats and standings

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Scores - 01/16 thru 01/18

January 16 2009 at 10:44 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)

MSU JV - 8
Wheaton - 1

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Scores - 01/16 thru 01/18

No score for this post
January 16 2009, 10:56 PM 

MSU 4
Minnesota Mankato 3

Close game. Tons of penalties.

Penalty shot was awarded to Mankato after the net was dislodged with 2.6 seconds left in the third. MSU's Guempel made the save and came up huge.

Anonymous
(no login)

More Scores

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 1:19 AM 

Iowa - GOLD 6
Northen Michigan 4

Hawks lead 5-1 midway through and do everything they can to keep NMU in it. Gets to 5-4 before a pp goal with 5 minutes left put the W on the board for the Hawks.
Rusty-Rusty-Rusty but a win is a win is a win.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: More Scores

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 2:34 AM 

northwestern 10
Siue Silver 3

WFO
(no login)

Score Update

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 11:58 AM 

ISU Icebirds 12 vs. RMC-Peoria 5

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

Re: Score Update

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 1:37 PM 

SIUE-Gold 10
Eastern 6

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 6:02 PM 

SIUE Gold 13
Eastern 7

...Old-Time hockey...

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 9:12 PM 

northwestern 6
SIUE Silver 0

Anonymous
(no login)

Iowa Loss

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 9:16 PM 

Northern Michigan University 5
Iowa - GOLD 4 OT

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Iowa Loss

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 10:01 PM 

Missouri State-8
Minnesota State-4

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 10:56 PM 

No score for this post January 18 2009, 5:02 AM

SIUE Gold 13
Eastern 7

...Old-Time hockey...

Are you saying it was a gong show?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 12:54 AM 

Saturday: Missouri 6, Northern Illinois 3

Entertaining game, despite the 35-minute delay right before opening faceoff. Broken plexiglass was the culprit.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 6:49 AM 

SLU 2
ISU 0

May have been 3-0 was bored and stopped paying attention

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 9:51 AM 

"Saturday: Missouri 6, Northern Illinois 3

Entertaining game, despite the 35-minute delay right before opening faceoff. Broken plexiglass was the culprit."

Did Mizzou break the plexiglass again!?!?

Anonymous
(no login)

Why all the SLU bashing?

No score for this post
January 21 2009, 7:45 AM 

No doubt there are spoiled kids on each and every team, just like there are spoiled people every where you go. I don't get the SLU bashing. Did someone apply and not get in? I haven't heard anything on this board about their being bad sports, chippy, etc. In the infamous words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Anonymous
(no login)

Iowa N. Michigan

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 7:48 AM 

To call this a controversial game is like calling the Titanic a minor accident...

35 penalties called against Iowa to Northern's 9. Iowa loses 5-4 in OT on a goal that didn't go in, called by a ref that was out of position. Unbeliebable. THIRTY FIVE penalties?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Iowa N. Michigan

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 8:53 AM 

MSU - JV - 4
Wheaton - 2

According to Kich that puts MSU into the Silver tournament. (Too much math for me.)

Anonymous
(no login)

Predictions

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 12:26 PM 

ISU Icebirds sweep RMC-Peoria with 4-3 overtime when Saturday night.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Predictions

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 3:20 PM 

Northwestern 6
Missouri State 5

Game ended in Overtime.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 3:40 PM 

so can someone carify
is the tie 2 points for northwestern and a win
or is it a tie!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 3:43 PM 

Sunday: Missouri 6, Northern Illinois 2

And regarding the broken plexiglass Saturday, the glass was broken by an errant puck during warmups, I believe.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 3:51 PM 

mizzou and plexiglass issue was brought up because an upset mizzou player slammed his stick into the glass during the mizzou and msu game. northwestern will get two points i believe.

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 4:03 PM 

2 Points for Northwestern, no points for Mo State in that game.

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 4:05 PM 

Ill try and have updated standings by 6pm CST Sun on siuehockey.net

ISU7
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 6:04 PM 

ISU 7 SLU 2

I do understand a little more why people don't like SLU.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 19 2009, 6:54 AM 

Let me take a swing at that, because at one time they were good and now they think they're good. Trying to live off a D1 past will spell problems for this program next year, if there is a next year.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 19 2009, 8:24 AM 

Where's the question you are taking a swing at?

Why would they not have a team next season? SLU is still a very good school that people go there to get a good education and play some hockey too.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 19 2009, 7:13 PM 

Obviously not taking an english class @ SLU.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 19 2009, 7:16 PM 

way to ASSume it' a slu student. They are in the league and winning games. Get over it.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 20 2009, 2:22 PM 

Beaten by Illinois State, outscored 7 - 4 on the weekend. You over it?

(Login pipes101)

No score for this post
January 20 2009, 3:17 PM 

Illinois got shutout on saturday by SLU 2-0. I didnt see a shutout against them. Won one lost one.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 20 2009, 4:11 PM 

Hopeless

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 20 2009, 4:48 PM 

Over what? I could care less if SLU is around or not. What is it that you aren't over?

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

No score for this post
January 20 2009, 5:11 PM 

Now now children, calm down

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 20 2009, 5:17 PM 

SLU is a bunch of stuck up kids who have never had to do anything in life because their rich parents provide for them. They have no class and no other teams like them or respect them. Im over it.

This message has been edited by CKich30-SIUE- on Jan 21, 2009 12:55 AM

Anonymous
(no login)

Kich - Read the Previous Poster's Name Backwards

No score for this post
January 20 2009, 5:36 PM 

Then get him blocked.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 20 2009, 6:06 PM 

Well at least it's an honest opinion. Perhaps a SLU player would like to respond, or not.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 20 2009, 6:32 PM 

A couple of things first of all tell a school to go f***off is not an honest opinion.

Second of all I only know one kid on that team and he is neither rich or spoiled. Actually one of the nicest kids I ever coached and his parents were super nice too. So although some of the SLU players may fit that mold I could name several players on other teams that do too.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 21 2009, 7:43 PM 

I go to SLU...some of you will probably be mowing my lawn in the future as I speed off in my Lambo....Vroom Vrooooooom!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 21 2009, 9:26 PM 

...and the referee (ISU grad student) was holding the broom! Can you say conflict of interest?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 22 2009, 6:08 AM 

Is he the one that scored the goals? And did he ref both nights. From the score it looks like fri. was the night of the "whoopin"

ISU7
(no login)

No score for this post
January 22 2009, 10:40 AM 

Just so those who dont know, the ISU student that refs the games is either even or in favor of opposing teams. We'd rather travel most weekends then have home refs. There are bad calls in both directions on both nights, don't blame the refs for losing badly.

Mike Downs
(no login)

No score for this post
January 22 2009, 4:21 PM 

Shut Up Olindo, that sounded ignorant. The ref wasn't in favor of any team, but from the stands it looked like a pretty evenly called game. SLU got stupid in the last 10 minutes of the game on sunday and took a bunch of penalties and a couple players got tossed. One SLU player got tossed for telling the ref to meet him in the parking lot after the game (anybody have a complaint about that suspension?) The game saturday ISU looked like they were playing another game... nobody skating, nobody hitting, overall no effort put forward. SLU deserved to win the first game and ISU deserved to win the second. Good weekend, I enjoyed watching the games even though the first was slightly painful for me to watch.

On one other note, I have not heard the parents of a team whine as much in the stands as the SLU parents did since I was playing travel hockey at about the Bantam level. I've heard many parents complain since, but the SLU parents wanted every check called and everytime one of their players hit the ice all I heard from their parents was "Wheres the trip!", which I can understand occasionally but not 20 to 30 times in just one game.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 22 2009, 4:33 PM 

Lol just some food for thought....two SLU and two ISU players were thrown out of sunday's game and given a DQ for fighting even though none of the 4 threw gloves or helmets off...and no punches were thrown...

Now tell me that isn't a horrible call on the ref's part.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 22 2009, 4:45 PM 

Not one single punch was thrown at all?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 22 2009, 6:14 PM 

Did ISU give the SLU parents a place to tailgate between periods so they could get their ration of suds or did they actually have to buy refreshments in the rink? If they got their fill they probably were seeing the game through their beer goggles so perhaps the missed calls looked a bit foggy to them, so they wanted everything called. Here's the funny part, the SLU players will replace the SLU parents in the same stands when their own kids are playing hockey. Scary stuff huh?

And the beat goes on, and on, and on, and on and on and on.

Mike Downs
(no login)

No score for this post
January 22 2009, 7:11 PM 

SLU parents were buying their refreshments at the rink on Saturday afternoon, but it sounded like they were already hammered by the time I got there 10 minutes into the first period. As far as no punches being thrown, I was at the other end of the ice by the goal line but it sure looked to me like at least 2 of those players were throwing punches. To let people know what happened was a SLU player came in about 1.5-2 seconds after the buzzer and checked an ISU player. (it was a semi-hard hit, nothing too ridiculous) An ISU player came in and checked the SLU player and then 2 or 3 little scrums broke out. I saw at least 2 or 3 gloves on the ice, and one kid ended up with no helmet on, but I believe it was ripped off by another player. In order for the ref to keep control of the game I feel he needed to kick these players out especially since it happened after the period had ended.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 23 2009, 11:12 AM 

Mike Downs... you are an ISU fan.

This message has been edited by CKich30-SIUE- on Jan 23, 2009 1:59 PM

Mike Downs
(no login)

No score for this post
January 23 2009, 3:15 PM 

Used to be an ISU player, now one of the assistant coaches on the second team. Why would I be at an ISU game if I wasn't a fan???

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 23 2009, 4:53 PM 

I just want it to be known that your opinions of what happened are biased. The hit that cause the fight occured right at the buzzer, it was not 2 seconds after. Also, who cares if parents are at a game drinking? They are of age, and alcohol is sold there.

Mike Downs
(no login)

No score for this post
January 23 2009, 6:53 PM 

You are clearly right, I must be mistaken. Because I go to ISU, played for ISU, and coach for ISU I must not be able to tell the difference in the time a check took place and the buzzer ending the period went off.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 24 2009, 1:07 AM 

Obviously not because I was right there and there was a second left on the clock when the kid was hit and lightly hit at that. The players are taught to play hard until the play is over and thats what happened.

As for one of the SLU players telling the ref that he would meet him at his car that is wrong as well. The player asked the ref for his card (ref card) and he mistook what he said. And that is a fact because I was standing right there when the event occurred. The refs were just terrible that whole second game and it is not a surprise at all that he is an ISU grad. As for you saying that the ref was neutral and not in favor of any team, I do not believe that at all and why would you as a school put yourself in that position and hire a grad who played for the team as a ref. Its no wonder why you guys have him ref every home game of yours...I would too if I were getting so many calls in my favor.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 24 2009, 3:59 PM 

And this my friends is the exact reason why SLU is where they are, period.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 25 2009, 10:14 PM 

In 3rd place in the division? That doesnt seem too terrible a place to be in...

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 26 2009, 8:44 PM 

Nice splits the last two weeks with hockey powers ISU and Kansas. Garage league is where you are. Go get 'em Bills.

This message has been edited by CKich30-SIUE- on Jan 27, 2009 1:16 PM

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 26 2009, 8:48 PM 

Hey it's almost Feb. 1. Has St. Louis only played 14 games this season? Their website says their record is 9-5. Seems like they are playing a light schedule if they only have 14 games under their belts at this time of the year.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 27 2009, 2:29 AM 

That garage league that SLU plays in is where you are putting your time into so great rational behind that one.
SLU must be the only school in the entire league without an updated website so I guess you have a point there.
Your pretty cool saying the world's tallest midget must make you feel awesome and I will bet anything that you have just a perfect physique as does the rest of your family.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 27 2009, 7:34 AM 

Never mind, thanks for the help but I was able to find the overall record for St. Louis as they have a calendar section where they bury the whole schedule and scores.

9-15-0 with 6 (2 v NIU, 2 v LU, 2 v Iowa) games remaining. If St. Louis can run the table getting back to .500 is a real possibility. If nothing else the St. Louis players may want to schedule a post party at the food court in the mall in Iowa after that game. Or maybe hit a Chuckie Cheese on the way home.

Looks like you may want to cancel some practice ice off that calendar in February and while you're at it scratch off D2 Regionals and Nationals as well.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 27 2009, 10:28 AM 

Why all the trash talking on SLU? My guess is you probably tried
to get into the school and couldn't. You prove it by your idiot
comments.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 27 2009, 12:56 PM 

I thought that I was being pretty supportive and complimentary. Supporting a .500 finish and trying to save them some coin on practices for playoffs, lol

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 27 2009, 2:08 PM 

Yes, I would say it's good to talk it up to SLU. I mean, especially since all of the other teams are probably going to regionals and then also no to nationals.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 27 2009, 6:21 PM 

Another good point. Please revert back to the "garage league" comment in earlier post.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 10 2009, 7:05 PM 

well at least SLU has Paul Goodwin, best player in the league

Current Topic - Scores - 01/16 thru 01/18
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum has been created with the purpose to constructively discuss college club hockey. We encourage you to freely discuss any topic you wish, with the caveat that you keep the discourse within the bounds of good taste. While good natured trash-talking is fun, thought provoking and acceptable, any replies that turn personal, disrespectful and/or disruptive of the intent of this forum will be deleted by the moderators of this forum. Our intent is to build up and promote college club hockey and its teams. We need to work together and support each other to make this happen. We already have enough critics of club hockey. Let's do our best to keep things amiable on this forum, as not to give them any ammunition. Best of luck to ALL teams! Regards, Jpower79