October 2 2009 at 10:45 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)

10/2:
Iowa Gold - 3
RMC Chicago Maroon - 4

Iowa Black - 5
Marquette - 3

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: 9/2 - 9/4 Weekend Scores

No score for this post
October 3 2009, 1:14 AM 

Missouri State 3
Ferris State 5

Great game to watch. Alot of up and down hockey. Bounces went in favor of Ferris tonight. Very physical game. Refs need to call Saturday a little tighter or there could get out of hand. Mo States freshman class looked good and made an impact.

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

No score for this post
October 3 2009, 2:05 AM 

McKendree 4
SIUE Silver 1

Goaltending Exhibition, David Borre stopped 8 breakaways and Chuck Donze on a penalty shot. Mike Stier stole this one for McK.

SIUE Gold 7
Northern Illinois 4

SIUE outshot NIU 64-37, scored 6 times and once EN.

Mizzou 5
Kansas 4

RMU-Springfield 13
Mizzou Black 3

Mizzou Black had 10 guys sick or injured

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2009, 8:11 AM 

10/2
I S U redbirds - 4
Wisconsin - 1

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2009, 6:42 PM 

10/3:
Iowa Black - 6
Marquette - 11

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2009, 9:43 PM 

SIUE Silver 7
MCK 4

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2009, 10:45 PM 

10/3
Iowa Gold - 1
RMU Chicago Maroon - 8

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 4 2009, 1:56 AM 

siue silver is now 1-15 against mck...first ones the toughest

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

No score for this post
October 4 2009, 2:05 AM 

It took 7 years, but the boys earned it tonight.

(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

No score for this post
October 4 2009, 2:08 AM 

SIUE Gold 13
Northern Illinois 3

Mizzou 8
Kansas 3

Wisconsin 5
ISU 4

and Silver is 1-15-1....I played in that tie wink.gif

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 4 2009, 6:51 AM 

Are you still smiling this morning Kich?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 4 2009, 10:11 AM 

9/2:
RMU PEORIA 1
LOYOLA 8

9/3:
RMU PEORIA 4
LOYOLA 4

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 4 2009, 11:16 AM 

northwestern vs Kentucky
12-2 Friday
13-3 Saturday

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 5 2009, 12:30 AM 

mckendree ****ing blows this year... their goalies are the only reason they even got a win this past weekend and if it was not for the goalie saturday we would have beat them by two touchdowns

***THIS Message coming from a kid that wasn't even on the score sheet? You guys didn't beat them by 2 touchdowns on saturday when Stier wasn't in the net. It was a great weekend series for both teams. Goaltending was stellar amongst all 4 goalies involved (Must be the coaching they have had/have)

Relax, welcome to college hockey...maybe next week you will get more than 5 shifts

-jpower79

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 5 2009, 6:48 AM 

Just wait McKendree basher!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 5 2009, 10:42 AM 

I want some of what that guy's on.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 9 2009, 2:26 PM 

Christ, pop'm, drop the gloves, eh?

Move the puck....

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 10 2009, 12:14 AM 

So much for the mighty 7-yr Poepping in the nets for MSU, huh? How many years does this guy get to play?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 10 2009, 11:48 AM 

This has been adressed before. 1 Semester at UMSL 2 years off playing juniors. So far has played 4 years at MSU but sat out a semester. This semester plus next semester brings the total to 5. This is Poeppings last year.

He is legit. If he wasn't, the ACHA probably would have noticed when they put him on the selects roster. Just saying.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 10 2009, 12:52 PM 

Do you mean to say he played a semester - played junior a couple of years, then came back to school? That may be an issue.

Doesn't the clock start running as soon as you start a semester? You can't take 5 years off in between and get to play another several years. Or is hockey different than other sports because it's club? Not playing a semester doesn't give you another semester worth of eligibility. Or am I wrong?

Doesn't matter to me either way, but I find this interesting

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 11 2009, 12:04 AM 

You only lose eligibilty for a semester if you play during that semester. If I recall everyone signs a document at the begining of each semester confirming them being on the roster.

For example, I have 1 semester of eligibilty left. Soupose I decide to go back to school lets say 10 years from now. As long as I take 9 hours, I can play a semester in the ACHA.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 11 2009, 12:22 AM 

Really? So that's how it works for hockey? I always thought your 5 years started ticking as soon as you started college. i.e. If you started in teh spring of 2009, you could play through 2014. If I read your post correctly, you could start in the spring of 2009, play two years, go do something else for 10 years, then come back to school and be eligible to play 3 more years. Do I understand you correctly? I don't think football works that way in the NCAA, does it?

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

No score for this post
October 11 2009, 1:37 AM 

In the words of Chris Farley..."That is corrrect!"

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 11 2009, 6:49 AM 

This isn't NCAA. It's ACHA. They even have website. It has the rules on it.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 11 2009, 8:46 PM 

Acually incorrect. If you go to ncaapublications.com they have guides and rule books. They are good reads. Trust me, I know.

This is a nice read about a man who returned to his college football team nearly 4 decades after he left.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2986313

This is another article about old people in sports.

http://beyondthearc.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/22/1582620.aspx

Before you argue the NAIA to NCAA transition, note that NAIA players forfit eligibilty when switching between teams either NCAA or NAIA and their elegibilty status is recognized identicly by both governing bodies.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 11 2009, 9:47 PM 

I would also like to ad that JUCO schools are also recognized by both the NCAA and NAIA in response to the football question.

And in response to Kich. I have a name I'd like to drop. Ray Welsch. I know you guys didn't violate any rules with him, he is a great guy. But this man took breaks to serve our nation in Iraq and returned to SIUE hockey. I don't remember anyone questioning his eligibilty. Not that it would matter anyway because it was in compliance with ACHA rules. Just like it is with Poepping.

Can we end this discussion?

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

No score for this post
October 11 2009, 9:50 PM 

Solid play on the Welsch Bomb.

Current Topic - 9/2 - 9/4 Weekend Scores
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum has been created with the purpose to constructively discuss college club hockey. We encourage you to freely discuss any topic you wish, with the caveat that you keep the discourse within the bounds of good taste. While good natured trash-talking is fun, thought provoking and acceptable, any replies that turn personal, disrespectful and/or disruptive of the intent of this forum will be deleted by the moderators of this forum. Our intent is to build up and promote college club hockey and its teams. We need to work together and support each other to make this happen. We already have enough critics of club hockey. Let's do our best to keep things amiable on this forum, as not to give them any ammunition. Best of luck to ALL teams! Regards, Jpower79