Please feel free to visit www.ACHA.com for up to date stats and standings

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

websportsradio re: kentucky and hockey 101

September 9 2010 at 8:23 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)

Didn't want to get into it on that forum but I can tell you why some people don't like going to Kentucky. Robert Morris Peoria went down there a few years ago. They had their locker room broken into during the game and had tire(s) slashed on their bus. So you take the good (big crowd?) with the bad.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: websportsradio re: kentucky and hockey 101

No score for this post
September 9 2010, 12:13 PM 

tires were not slashed on there bus

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 9 2010, 12:26 PM 

Oh, well that's what one of their players that was there said. I guess they lied.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 9 2010, 7:53 PM 

yea i was there on the team and no tire slashed. we were told a story about some school that beat them and that happned

WSR
(Login WebSports)

No score for this post
September 10 2010, 12:24 AM 

Well, I'm not in the business to bash anyone. I'm only going by what I've heard and that was that it's a loud place and people pack the house. Now, I also heard that many of the "fans" are students that get drunk and roudy and come to the games. I have no idea if they sell beer in the arena or not.

My main comment was that Kentucky trying to fill Feb. 18th to 20th dates would be difficult since most teams would be in league playoffs. 

In 6 seasons I have experienced only one problem from any team that we have visited.  That aside, I feel it will be an experience to go to Kentucky. We have played in one other midnight game, which went off without a hitch, and have had several go past midnight.

Teams that carry themselves in a professional maner will be just fine, and if the other team decides not to be that way, I'd assume the team that stays professional will have no worries.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum has been created with the purpose to constructively discuss college club hockey. We encourage you to freely discuss any topic you wish, with the caveat that you keep the discourse within the bounds of good taste. While good natured trash-talking is fun, thought provoking and acceptable, any replies that turn personal, disrespectful and/or disruptive of the intent of this forum will be deleted by the moderators of this forum. Our intent is to build up and promote college club hockey and its teams. We need to work together and support each other to make this happen. We already have enough critics of club hockey. Let's do our best to keep things amiable on this forum, as not to give them any ammunition. Best of luck to ALL teams! Regards, Jpower79