Please feel free to visit www.ACHA.com for up to date stats and standings

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Weekend Scores - 10/1-10/2

October 1 2010 at 9:14 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)

MSU 3-1 over Loyola

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Weekend Scores - 10/1-10/2

No score for this post
October 2 2010, 12:31 AM 

MSU D3 4-1 over Purdue.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 2 2010, 1:47 AM 

This pertains to Loyola, Purdue, and the rest of the league as a whole. Get sets of matching jerseys. MSU prides itself on its game presentation and our marketing appeal. When we get a crowd of people to watch us play a team in miss match jerseys, pants, socks, and helmets it is embarassing for us.

Purdue had players in some nice jerseys but several in beer league jerseys, some said "Indiana", nearly everyone had a different set of socks on, and one guy even had a number taped on his back.

Loyola miss match socks, not that big of a deal but still. Socks are 10 bucks a pop at most.

Besides the fact it is a ACHA rule to have matching uniforms, it looks tacky and is unprofessional. Everyone knew hockey season was coming so the old well its on back order excuse doesn't apply. If we wanted to we could have had these players pulled off the ice untill their uniforms matched. But we didn't.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 2 2010, 7:19 AM 

There has been a lot of backorder issues this season though. I ordered jerseys, socks, practice jerseys early June and some stuff still didn't come until just yesterday. Was able to get a discount on some things because of the Aug. 31 deadline they had originally told me. Luckily, most of our jerseys and the accompanying socks came before our first game!

I'm not with those teams, however.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 2 2010, 7:41 AM 

1:47 poster....

Relax.

(no login)

RMU-Peoria vs SIUE Silver

No score for this post
October 2 2010, 9:13 AM 

RMU Peoria 6
SIUE silver 1

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: RMU-Peoria vs SIUE Silver

No score for this post
October 2 2010, 12:14 PM 

7:41

One of MSU's primary source of revenue is ticket sales and that is because of all the effort the staff has done to develop a big league type of appeal. When our sponsors, fans, and school officials see stuff like this it hurts the reputation we have built in the community and hurts our sales.

Bottom line. It's still against the rules.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 2 2010, 2:04 PM 

I agree with MSU Especially Loyola, if you want to be Gold meet the higher standard. If you want to appear as an adult league then go play at Jonnhy's Ice House.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 2 2010, 10:16 PM 

Loyola was not nearly as bad as Purdue uniformwise. Loyola had some miss match socks, thats it. Still bugs us tho.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2010, 1:40 PM 

"Besides the fact it is a ACHA rule to have matching uniforms, it looks tacky and is unprofessional."

Last time I checked, ACHA wasn't professional hockey. Settle down bud.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 12 2010, 6:02 PM 

chill out

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2010, 12:34 AM 

Illinois State Redbirds D3 7
Bradley D2 3

Bradley scores twice on a 5 minute five on three powerplay.

(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2010, 12:47 PM 

RMU -Peoria 5
SIU-E silver 4

Shootout win

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2010, 3:02 PM 

1:40

There is no reason you can't act and be a professional team on the ice. You will get respect. MSU is probably the most professional team on the ice right now in MACHA. They get respect in the league and in the ACHA.

Bitch as you may about them, but they are continually inproving while some beer league teams have improved from Keystone to Coors Light.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2010, 3:32 PM 

1:40

What team do you play for? Last time I checked we were all ACHA teams so we follow ACHA rules. I find it absolutly remarkable that anyone would defend a team that shows up dressed like a mens league team. We got tickets to sell and sponsors to please. If you don't want to play by the rules sign up for the Tuesday night mens league and let the people trying to progress the league do their jobs.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2010, 6:51 PM 

NIU has the best uniforms in the MACHA!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2010, 7:25 PM 

WHERE ARE ALL THE SCORES!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2010, 7:32 PM 

"sponsors to please"

funny. relax. there is leeway at the start of the season. these suppliers care about pro, then ncaa, then acha. if you don't like it turn them in to the acha so they can tell you what i just said.

relax, it will be ok.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 3 2010, 7:45 PM 

I'm sure thats exactly what the ACHA commish would say.

Have fun with your gongshow.

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

No score for this post
October 3 2010, 8:00 PM 

SIUE D2 6
SLU 4

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 4 2010, 12:47 AM 

The ACHA has come along way since it was started and is being took seriously now. If all teams but in the amount of effort that MSU does, the "club" hockey route wouldn't get such a bad rap from better players who would rather go to a smaller school and play NCAA DIII.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 4 2010, 12:56 PM 

Augustana @ Wheaton

Game 1 - Wheaton 7-6
Game 2 - Augustana 5-4 OT

Luke Venker SIUE
(no login)

Jersey Infractions

No score for this post
October 4 2010, 2:49 PM 

I find it funny that some take Jersey infractions so seriously. I would absolutely agree that it does make the league, or some teams not as professional looking as others, but at the same time this is CLUB HOCKEY. Of course we all want to play to the best of our abilities and be as competitive as we can with other teams, but in reality it is a CLUB SPORT. Not all ACHA clubs are blessed with much support from their schools. This causing serious dents in STUDENTS bank accounts.

Not all teams have enough money to pay for brand new matching jerseys, school, housing, food, equipment, ice times, etc. Especsially the younger teams in the league. Every team in the ACHA has been new to the league with mismatched jerseys and helmets blah blah blah. It takes time to build up programs and money for such funding in our league. I know that league dues are not cheap for teams (or the students playing) to have all the fancy equipment and etc for every student athletes on teams.

As for MSU they have done a great job in building their program and playing in front of a packed house every game to help pay for the ice and trips. People would have to be idiots to say that their marketing and fund raising is one of the best in the ACHA. But not all teams have the support or even an ice rink on campus for students to come watch games. Mizzou travels almost an hour to their home rink, so i wouldn't expect many fans there do to traveling. I just hope MSU can remember they were not always as successful with the support and they came into the league young just like many other teams right from the start.

So the reason for complaining and bashing on other teams is unneccessary and doesn't help anything at all. If teams are so worried about it then give up some of your funding to the newer poorer teams if you need matching jerseys that bad for there away games. WE are all student athletes in this league, and we all have to pay to play hockey. So teams who have the funds thats great, new teams will eventually build and get some, but until that time "It is what it is". Just be happy we all get to play the game we love competitively while going to school. Its the cards we have all been dealt

CKich30
(Login CKich30-SIUE-)
Moderators

Re: Jersey Infractions

No score for this post
October 4 2010, 7:54 PM 

atta boy

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 6 2010, 9:01 AM 

I agree with the above statement, those with rinks on campus and those that can charge admission are lucky. Iowa plays at a mall and can't charge admission, thus making it hard to gain revenue at all from games. This also makes promoting games a tough one since their is about enough seating for 50-75 mall passerbys!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 6 2010, 10:28 AM 

Success brings support, support brings revenue, revenue brings team building, team building brings success... it is a cycle.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 6 2010, 10:48 AM 

Or the poor MSU fans don't have any real sports to attend, guess the next best thing is club hockey. But sure, you guys are SO successful...you've figured out the cycle!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 6 2010, 12:15 PM 

Somebody obviously is clueless about MSU athletics.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 25 2010, 2:16 AM 

MSU needs to step up and move to ACHA D1. I bet after one semester they would wish they were back playing teams in D2 with miss matched jerseys and socks.

In truth those miss matched teams are not making a great impression but they are showing up so, try to help by talking to them about how your teams order uniforms and how your teams raise funds to pay for unis. Maybe they can clean themselves up a little. If you help "perfume the pig" you will continue to be able to compete at the D2 level and provide games where you win for those packed houses.

Otherwise, leave D2. Look at it this way, if you moved up at least you'd look good while getting beat like a mule.

MSUPerson
(no login)

No score for this post
October 25 2010, 11:38 AM 

Are you suggesting the MSU staff hold a clinic on the basics of running a sports program? Come on. We are all in college. Everyone should have the smarts to figure it out.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 25 2010, 12:01 PM 

You are in college. You should be smart enough to figure it out. Either be ok with D2 and how it goes or move to D1. I highly doubt any of the sponsors are making a bunch of money from sponsorship anyway. They do it to help out, get their name out a little and it is a tax deduction. That's the facts with advertising at this level.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 25 2010, 2:12 PM 

I guess your right if you factor in the whole "its acha d2 so lets not give a crap routine." But for those of us who are not lazy and acually do go out and market the teams, and want to see this league improve, that is not the case. The unprofessional behavior hurts clubs that are acually trying to appeal as legitiment. I still can not understand why anyone would stick up for a team that cant get the simplest things correct.

It's getting to the point where if your not on board maybe you need to leave. If you want to be a gongshow maybe the teams that want to be legit should leave and let the other teams cheers over cold natty lights. Teams that cant get it together enough to produce matching jerseys should be embarassed of themselves. They should not be indignant.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 25 2010, 2:25 PM 

go to D1

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 30 2010, 7:00 AM 

I agree with both sides.

A. If you want your league to improve yes you have to stand up and as a "leading team" or "legit team" as you say help the other teams to become better by being on board. Running a clinic on how to operate your team is not totally a bad idea. You would do this at the league meeting as an agenda topic. Structure it as respectful conversation and perhaps have the open discussion of why these teams are having issues with "looking good" and how overall it hurts the on ice product. Only good can come from this approach and if done correctly will earn respect for your team.

B. Move up to D1. The stakes are higher, more travel, better recruiting, better venues, more fan / university support. Yes it's really a different animal then D2. It's a great expereince if you're ready for it. I think the best example that I can use and you can visit their website to look at the history is Indiana. For years and years they talked about moving up to D1. There was always a reason why they didn't and they carefully selected the league they played in and extra games they played. Are they successful at D1 now? Sort of. They made the change gracefully and it took a very long time but they did it.

Bottom line, ya can't have it both ways. In D2 you have to work to have your team be legit and to bring all other conference partner teams with you. And in D1 your legit alright, but so is everyone else and you better be ready for it, cause the ego has to go in your pocket and you put up or shut up.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
October 30 2010, 9:56 AM 

Here is my bottom line. There are a few things that teams should take care of before they step on the ice.

1. Show up (Western Illinois pay attention)
2. Have someone to run the clock and keep score
3. Don't look/act like bums

There are 3 basic principals teams should follow. There are more things that could be done that apparently are way over some peoples heads. But if you do these 3 things, nobody will have any complaints.

Current Topic - Weekend Scores - 10/1-10/2
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum has been created with the purpose to constructively discuss college club hockey. We encourage you to freely discuss any topic you wish, with the caveat that you keep the discourse within the bounds of good taste. While good natured trash-talking is fun, thought provoking and acceptable, any replies that turn personal, disrespectful and/or disruptive of the intent of this forum will be deleted by the moderators of this forum. Our intent is to build up and promote college club hockey and its teams. We need to work together and support each other to make this happen. We already have enough critics of club hockey. Let's do our best to keep things amiable on this forum, as not to give them any ammunition. Best of luck to ALL teams! Regards, Jpower79