Please feel free to visit www.ACHA.com for up to date stats and standings

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Assistant Coach for JR Program needed

May 16 2011 at 9:38 AM
No score for this post
  (no login)

Hello,

The St. Louis Frontenacs are looking for a Assistant Coach for the next season. The team particpate in the GLJHL Tier 3 JR league. Duties include helping planning practice (3 nights a week), planning a weight room schedule for the team (Private Weight room in our rink attached to our locker room), as well as game day duties.

Marketing and Player Recruiting will also be part of job.

If you are interested, please email me for more details.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Assistant Coach for JR Program needed

No score for this post
May 17 2011, 3:20 AM 

I just want to throw this out there. One of the MACHA teams was trying to recruit from a team in the GLJHL this past season and this GLJHL teams' assistant coach was telling his players to not waste their time talking to us and to not go play D2 club. One of the players from that team reported it back to us and we ended up getting 0 players from this team for the upcomming season after making many trips to watch this team play and trying to actively recruit from them.

jpower79
(no login)

No score for this post
May 17 2011, 11:04 AM 

That may be true for some teams in that league, but I know for a fact that is not true at ALL from this club's perspective. Literally, we have kids from the Nacs playing at Mo State, SIUE, McKendree, and a few headed to Lindenwood...one even headed to Michigan.

Some teams in the GLJHL believe that their kids are all headed to the NAHL, and that is hardly the case. 99% of them are going straight to ACHA.

At the league's showcase, there were 30 plus ACHA teams there scouting. Its not the NAHL or USHL, its Tier 3 juniors.

I am sorry that you guys had a bad experience. Please email me with what team it was so I can address the issue on behalf both parties.

jason@incamps.com

Thank you

Jason D. Power

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
May 17 2011, 11:57 AM 

It was with the Wisconsin Rampage and their assistant coach Dave Damos.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
May 17 2011, 2:11 PM 

If that is true that guy might want to take off his rose colored glasses and at the same time eat himself a nice big reality sammich.

(no login)

No score for this post
May 17 2011, 2:17 PM 

I will address the issue.

Thank you

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
May 25 2011, 12:32 PM 

To back up Jason, I played in this league GLJHL and it wasnt under Jason as a coach. It was a competitive and fun league. No this is not NAHL or USHL or the road to the NHL, but still a very competitive league that was a stepping stone to a D2 club ACHA MACHA team. I have played with and against other players in the GLJHL now playing MACHA. Whoever takes this position would enjoy it, Jason is a good guy and a good coach and knows hockey.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 17 2011, 10:30 AM 

if youre playing tier 3 Jr's to hopefully play in the NAHL you are wasting your time. You suck. Youre not going to the show and you are not going to play D1 hockey. At least accept the fact and move on. Playing club hockey allows you to get an education while still being able to play competitive hockey. If you're playing tier 3 jr's just quit now and stop wasting your parents money.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 19 2011, 6:57 PM 

That about sums it up and is very well said.

Current Topic - Assistant Coach for JR Program needed
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum has been created with the purpose to constructively discuss college club hockey. We encourage you to freely discuss any topic you wish, with the caveat that you keep the discourse within the bounds of good taste. While good natured trash-talking is fun, thought provoking and acceptable, any replies that turn personal, disrespectful and/or disruptive of the intent of this forum will be deleted by the moderators of this forum. Our intent is to build up and promote college club hockey and its teams. We need to work together and support each other to make this happen. We already have enough critics of club hockey. Let's do our best to keep things amiable on this forum, as not to give them any ammunition. Best of luck to ALL teams! Regards, Jpower79