<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Silver Playoffs

February 10 2012 at 1:36 PM
No score for this post
Jim Sanchez  (no login)

Game One Final

Marquette 4

Missouri State 2

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jim Sanchez
(no login)

Re: Silver Playoffs

No score for this post
February 10 2012, 5:21 PM 

Game Two

McKendree 5

UW Platteville 4 OT

(no login)

No score for this post
February 11 2012, 12:58 AM 

Game Three

Iowa State 4

Bradley 2

Shots

Bradley 42
Iowa state 25

----------------

Game 4

Rmu Peoria 7

Northwestern 0

Shots
Rmu 60

NU 15

(no login)

No score for this post
February 11 2012, 9:17 PM 

Day two

Semi Finals

Marquette 5

Mc Kendree 4

----------------------

RMU Peoria 8

Iowa state 0

------------------------

Sunday 1pm

RMU Peoria vs. Marquette Championship game

(no login)

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 5:06 PM 

Championship Game

RMU Peoria 3

Marquette 1

Anonymous
(no login)

Congrats to Marquette

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 5:11 PM 

You guys played with kids, who wanted to attend Marquette. You weren't recruited to come play D3 club hockey at the age of 23-30. I know the RMU P team will be happy that at their age they finally won a championship. Just think Marquette Players, when you reach the age of the RMU players. You will have graduated college and probably on your way to a successful career.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Congrats to Marquette

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 5:52 PM 

To the above post, do you feel tough talking trash on a ACHA D3 Forum? Dont be sad that your team lost to a better team, it was a well played game by both teams, and you are talking trash for no reason what so ever.... get over yourself, and better luck next year.... btw your mad about the age difference? Have you ever took the time to look at the age of RMU? they have 2 guys only that are older than 24... has it occured to you that some kids played jr's till they maxed out in age then went to school? Marquette should be ashamed to lose to a bunch of older guys anyways, young legs vs old legs, and old legs win, good job marquette

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 6:15 PM 

5:11 Poster...

Need some tissue? Are you mad because your team is a D2 team that couldn't win a D3 league and despite winning most of their games couldn't get ranked?

That was just to that poster. Marquette should be proud. They had a great season and should not hang their heads. There are a lot of college hockey teams that have players that maxed out in juniors. It happens all the time but not all teams that have that win. Just look at RMU last year.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 6:20 PM 

the tournament was played well by all the teams. RMU does have a little advantage, because their academic requirments are easier than most schools. They do recruit all over and can give them the luxury to give free rides, which most schools can't

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 6:22 PM 

I think you should explain to the guy up there what juniors is first and that you can play it until your 21. I don't think some fans or parents realize that there is hockey for kids outside of high school hockey..... Good job to RMU Peoria. You have not been given much respect this year for your wins and many of us have been waiting for you to lose. Represent MACHA well in regionals. You guys deserve it. Even if you are old.....

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 6:31 PM 

Just to clear one thing up, RMU cant give free rides.... each player receives a small amount of money towards tuition, every player gets the same amount, its some leadership grant that it is called, my buddy went there last year and explained it to me, but again, no free rides are given out by RMU

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 6:31 PM 

I must have missed that thing about the "free ride". Our son plays on RMU Peoria and he is paying the full price minus a little for academic/leadership awards, so please stop the free ride idea. Congrats to both Teams for a well played game.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 6:50 PM 

Good for your son, there are some freebies.

1. Free money (call it whatever kind of grant you want but if someone just goes to school at RMU without playing a sport and doesn't get it, then it is a scholarship for playing hockey).

2. Free hockey. They don't have to pay to play.

That alone gets people to choose going there over another club program. If you just want a basic degree and it is go there or somewhere else but it is cheaper there due to 1 and 2 then you would be stupid to not do it.

(no login)

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 7:18 PM 

RMU hockey players actually get the same leadership grant that members of the newspaper staff, drama club, show choir, etc, etc. All schools have these type of grant programs in place. It is for representing the school in a positive way. The hockey players are not the only ones that receive this grant. Check with your financial aid person, you may be missing out on some "free" money.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 7:32 PM 

Yes but if they are getting it just being on the hockey team then it might be considered a scholarship. This could be debated for hours and hours.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 12 2012, 9:21 PM 

Smart people wouldn't

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 13 2012, 6:46 AM 

No, because smart people know it is a hockey scholarship.

(Login littledogears)

RMU Peoria

No score for this post
February 16 2012, 11:55 AM 

I agree congrats to RMU Peoria. They are definately a good team. And have great coaching. Marquette played well, especially their goalie who kept them in it late. It was one of the best hockey games I've seen at any level in a couple of years.

It's obvious that players from RMU are getting something more than a few bucks as a grant to play. Some of their players are 28-29 years old and have been around Peoria for years. One parent told me that they pay less for their kid to attend RMU than they did the two year community college since their son receives "leadership grants" for playing hockey.

Look at the roster. Do you really believe kids are coming from CA or Canada to Peoria to get a degree at RMU Peoria. But I don't blame them. If someone told me I could play hockey for free, equipment and costs paid for, and go to school for almost nothing and at the end of a couple of years (they are on an accelerated program schedule) get a degree in whatever why wouldn't I take it.

RMU Peoria, for some reason, has decided having the top team in club hockey is worth the money they give to kids. It's their money. It creates an unlevel playing field but it is what it is. And in the end what matters is what you do after club hockey. A RMU degree is fine for those that want it and others who picked their school for reasons other than hockey, and are playing hockey for the fun of competition, will be glad they did when the time for real life rolls around.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: RMU Peoria

No score for this post
February 16 2012, 12:17 PM 

Great coaching?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 16 2012, 2:09 PM 

You're all going to the show! Super.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 16 2012, 3:49 PM 

2:09 poster...

Where does someone say or imply going to "the show"

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 16 2012, 8:20 PM 

No one has a clue what they're talking about. Who else wants to make things up that sound like it could be possible and also can be used as an excuse?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 17 2012, 1:40 PM 

RMU has a pretty good amount of money to use...but so does Mckendree and it didnt make them an "unstoppable" team like Peoria. At the end on the day its just 2 teams playing hockey, money does not help you skate faster or shoot harder. Im sure every team would like to have a budget like that, but it wont instantly make them a better hockey team.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 17 2012, 2:25 PM 

Robert morris probably doubled their talent from last years team to this years, and they did that purely based on money. If it wasn't money, why wouldn't all those kids be going down the road to Bradley after they won the league championship last year and beat rmu 2 or 3 games in a row? If it wasn't solely based on dollars I can guarantee they wouldn't have kids coming from Canada or New York or California, to come to Peoria Illinois. RMU is presenting Ex junior players who couldn't get into other schools a great opportunity to play the sport and get a degree for nearly nothing. It's unfair, but until the league stops it then nobody can blame them. I mean come on, I wish I could get additional "grants" for playing golf and drinking beer with my friends in the summer like the rmu hockey players can. All the complaining is a little ridiculous, who really cares. At the end of the day this is pretty much the lowest level college hockey you can play.

(no login)

No score for this post
February 17 2012, 8:10 PM 

Ummmm......some people call it recruiting....duh!!

(no login)

No score for this post
February 17 2012, 8:11 PM 

(no login)

No score for this post
February 17 2012, 8:11 PM 

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 19 2012, 10:20 AM 

It is so hard to resist the temptation to rip on MCK and RMU on this one.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 23 2012, 6:16 AM 

It's been a while since MCK has given out scholarships, the last ones they gave out were to the fat kids Roberts and Dreyer

Current Topic - Silver Playoffs
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum has been created with the purpose to constructively discuss college club hockey. We encourage you to freely discuss any topic you wish, with the caveat that you keep the discourse within the bounds of good taste. While good natured trash-talking is fun, thought provoking and acceptable, any replies that turn personal, disrespectful and/or disruptive of the intent of this forum will be deleted by the moderators of this forum. Our intent is to build up and promote college club hockey and its teams. We need to work together and support each other to make this happen. We already have enough critics of club hockey. Let's do our best to keep things amiable on this forum, as not to give them any ammunition. Best of luck to ALL teams! Regards, Jpower79