<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Accutane

October 23 2004 at 7:24 PM
No score for this post
snowmancu  (no login)
from IP address 24.205.117.59

How long has your son been on Accutane? How is he doing?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
julie
(no login)

My son has been on Accutane 1 week

No score for this post
October 24 2004, 7:39 AM 

He is doing fine. Lips are starting to look chapped. Other than that he claims he is feeling no other symptons. He uses carmex lip balm w/ sunblock & vasoline to keep his lips moist. His acne is still there, yet the redness on his cheeks seem to be going away for now. I'll keep you posted on his progress on my web-site. www.freewebs.com/momsaccutanejournal . Will be posting again by next week for week 2 - journal entry. Thank you for you interest. Hope to here from you soon.

william
(no login)

hello

No score for this post
October 26 2004, 9:09 PM 

i love the site juliann. has your son shown any signs of behavior change or anything?

Juliann
(Login julie2004)
Owner

Has my son had any behavior changes?

No score for this post
October 26 2004, 10:29 PM 

Thank you for asking William-
So far he seems to be doing well. He appears to be happier and socializing with us more. He was little discouraged today since he has broke out with some new large boils on his cheek. (I suppose I should add that info. to the journal) He is aware this is normal, however thought that breakouts usually happen the 4th week or so. This is only the end of the 2nd week using Accutane. I showed him a web-site were a poll was taken, and the largest percentile broke out within the 1st-3rd months. I hope that cheered him up some. He did comment that "Well I guess it's working, I do feel like I'm drying out". So as far as behavior changes, I guess it will be a up and down road until he starts seeing some real changes. I am keeping a close watch. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Matt
(Login KR8)

Accutane Growth Stunted

No score for this post
March 14 2005, 12:53 PM 

I want to advise all parents & teenagers about my personal experience.
My dermatologist placed me on Accutane when I was 3 months shy of my 15th birthday. She gave us all of the standard warnings about pregnancy (I'm not a girl), muscle aches, nosebleeds, dry eyes, etc. She never explained anything about Accutane causing growth to stop!

I am now 17. I have not grown at all since taking Accutane. My family doctor believes that the Accutane stopped my bones from growing. And now looking at the latest articles and research, it looks like the FDA has always known that Accutane would cause your growth plates to fuse early.

Also, my cracked lips have never healed. And I am experiencing vision and focus problems that did not exist prior to the Accutane.

Parents - DO NOT PLACE A CHILD ON THIS DRUG WHO IS NOT FINISHED GROWING. NO ONE UNDER 21 SHOULD USE THIS PRODUCT.

Personally, the embarrassment of acne was nothing next to the personal pain of knowing I have ruined my body, my health and my future.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on HealthCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement