Respond to this messageView more postings
Original Message
  • Re: just a personal opinion.
    • DanT. (no login)
      Posted Nov 15, 2009 4:07 PM

I recently read a post somewhere on here that makes a statement about walking in other people's shoes. I've read so many posts I've lost track but that is how I feel too.
      Unless I've walked in someone's shoes I can't truly know their life and visa versa.
      I know that Davern along with the housekeeper and a few others worked for the Wagner's for many years but unless they were velcroed to them how would they know the intamacies of their marriage any more than you or I would?
      I commend Davern for his statements concerning him never seeing abuse in the marriage. He is being honest. A lesser guy would probably have made up behind the scenes horror stories.
      For the record, my wife and I have read all the books on Natalie Wood and we have also read Robert Wagner's.
      We have always felt that Lana Wood's book was more about her than anyone else. The Harris book is nothing more than previously told tabloid gossip and columnist throw away items. Nicken's book is very pretty but inconsistant in it's knowledge. The Finstad book is good but the speculations are a little too much and the author seems to be too hung up on sexual prowness. Lambert's book is nothing more than a band aid to Wagner's ego because of the Finstad book and at many times a full out swat to the memory of Natalie Wood. Wagner's book is full of more inconsistencies and as hard as I've tried to come up with a different angle than many already have, I just can't. The book appears to be nothing more than damage control for the Lambert book and the fact that many fans turned against him for endorsing Lambert's book. It is also, in my opinion as a happily married male for 22 years a massive kiss and tell from a man unsure of his own self but damned sure he will make positive his fans have no doubt of his masculinity.
      The Rulli Davern book was very good. It is something I've always felt and to see it in print was at times shocking. Possibly a smite boring with the back history of the author's relationships with each other.
      I;m sure I will hear from both sides on this but nothing will ever change my mind that Wagner is not the innocent of all where it concerns the death of his wife.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options