<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

Wagner's Sexual Preferences

April 29 2007 at 2:34 PM
No score for this post
jeena  (no login)

I just visited Westwood Memorial and saw Natalie's grave, so my curiosity regarding her death was piqued.

I read in one of her on-line bio's that she divorced Wagner the first time due to his affair with a man. It made me think of the yacht, and maybe Natalie witnessed intimacy going on between Wagner and Walken, got angry, and attempted to leave the boat by accessing the dinghy.

Is anyone else aware that the reported reason Natalie divorced Wagner the first time was over his affair with a man?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Eve
(no login)

Re: Wagner's Sexual Preferences

No score for this post
April 30 2007, 6:02 AM 

This first came to light in Suzanne Finstad book "Natasha". There were, however, rumors about Wagner's bi-sexuality early in his career and they continue to this day. As Finstad wrote it, Natalie was upstairs in their bedroom. She awoke to find him gone. She went downstairs and found him in a compromising situation with a man. This, ofcourse, devastated Natalie. She told her mother about it but made her mom promise never to reveal it to anyone. Natalie took the rap for the break-up. The rumor was that she had an affair with Warren Beatty and that led to the break-up. The truth was that she did not begin dating Beatty until after they separated. She apparently forgave Wagner because they got back together ten years later and remained so until her death. I know a few people who live and work in LA who say that Wagner still goes both ways...and at times is not overly discreet about it. They also say that he is not the prince that he appears to be. He has a dark side. He can be the nicest man when there is a show to put on, when fans are watching or when the flashbulbs are snapping but in reality he is a cold, bitter and at times calculating man who is torn with guilt over the death of his late wife.

jeena
(no login)

No score for this post
April 30 2007, 6:43 AM 

Very interesting comments, thank you for sharing. I went on a tour of celebrity homes while visiting Hollywood, and everyone was surprised when the tour guide told us the names of two married male Hollywood stars who are bi, or have been in the past (Wagner wasn't one of the names mentioned).

Eve
(no login)

No score for this post
April 30 2007, 7:46 AM 

You'd be surprised at how many are bi....which is no big deal, really, but they try very hard to hide it because it could hurt their careers. I think it's hysterical that a tour guide would tell you that. LOL.

Bee
(no login)

No score for this post
March 9 2009, 12:22 AM 

This is interesting information. My first reading will be this Finstad's book. Will try to stop by on occasion. Any other suggested reading on this topic? (non-biased, preferably)

Vlad
(Login vladislaus)

No score for this post
April 30 2007, 2:44 PM 

This is a very interesting subject. Natalie never gave a real explaination of why the marriage ended and for that fact neither has RJ, they both elude to Natalie needing therapy and RJ was against it, this is the most popular scenerio. The other scenerio is taht Natalie cought RJ with another man. Actions speak louder than words so lets look at this in reverse. When Natalie threw out Richard Gregson it was accelerated, she threw his clothes in the street, called the cops, had the locks changed, hired security. Now this is where it gets tricky and we really do not know what went on, none of us do. According to the most popular scripture after whatever happened Natalie called her mother (Mud) in tears and told her the marriage was over, next day or even same day RJ was out of the house and her life. Now if they were having problems (irreconcilable differences) the marriage should have ended peacefully especially considering their positions then again and we do not know it seemed to end abruptly. What do you all think?

Maryanne
(no login)

No score for this post
April 30 2007, 4:39 PM 

They have told why the marriage failed. They were having problems and Natalie wanted to get outside help and he was against it. She was rather young when they married, 19 years old. Her career was taking off and his was in the toilet. She was making more money that he was. He came from a family in which the man provided. It must have killed him that she made more money that he did at that point. The press was caught with their guard down by the break up. It was totally unexpected. Natalie went into seclusion and RJ cried on a few shoulders and then went to Europe. A while later she started going on personal appearance tours with Warren Beatty. Then they started dating. Both Wagner and Natalie said that the two-career thing is what really broke them up. But, who knows. RJ being found with a man by Nat would not be something they would broadcast. She told her parents and swore them to secrecy. In reality we don't know if this is true. Actually, it's rather unbelievable to me that a man would cheat on his wife in their own home with her upstairs in bed. I know this is Hollywood but it's a rather cruel and stupid to do. Is it possible, sure. Could it have been a way for Finstad to spice up her book, sure...or it could be a little of both.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 30 2007, 4:42 PM 

The only problem I have with the "Wagner is bi" angle is this: As Vlad posted, Natalie threw Gregson out on his ear, tossed his clothes out the window, and had the locks changed when she merely overheard a PHONE CALL about his infidelity. If the story Finstadt wrote about is true - that's Natalie actually caught RJ with a man - why would she have married him again? Whether with a man or woman, infidelity is infiedlity. I guess what I'm saying is: she was hurt so badly by Gregson's indiscretion, but yet she obviously wasn't equally as hurt by Wagner's because she married him again. Which makes me wonder whether it happened at all. I, for one, tend to doubt it.

I know some Natalie and/or RJ fans claim otherwise, but I had NEVER heard this given as a reason for the divorce, nor had I heard these types of rumors about Wagner, until Finstadt's book and the tabloid articles that were based on her accusations. And since the 70s, I've read my share of Natalie articles/stories. I'd be more likely to buy the angle if someone could produce something written prior to Finstadt's book that makes these claims. Until then, I chalk it up to Finstadt's sensationalizing, like many other items in her book (the rape story, for example).

Maryanne
(no login)

No score for this post
April 30 2007, 5:30 PM 

The difference with Gregson was the difference in Natalie in years between the divorce from Wagner and the divorce from Gregson. She was 31 when she married Gregson.She had been there and done that..19 with Wagner and had never had her heart broken before. The years made the difference. Wagner was her first real love and her first real heartbreak. She loved him very much. She loved Gregson also but it was not the love of a lifetime. When she married Wagner it was the love of a lifetime...he was her knight in shining armor. She adored him. I remember something that she said in an interview at that time when she was asked why she did not get a quickie divorce. She said that it's like the song says, "I'd grown accustomed to his face." Making the break from him was harder than making the break from Gregson.
I, agree, though about her re-marrying him...especially after all that she experienced in her life.
As far as Wagner being Bi....it's been talked about for years, long before Fenstad's book. And judging from Eve's post he seems to be still playing on both teams.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 30 2007, 5:54 PM 

But see, that's partially my point.

No disrespect to Eve, but what credibility does she have that would make us believe her posts? Anyone can claim whatever they want on a message board. I could just as easily post that I've heard "from friends in LA" just the opposite about Wagner. Or that I've heard "from friends in the industry" that Natalie was gay or bi. In fact, there have been rumors tossed around about Natalie being bisexual, but I don't believe them either. Because that's what they are - rumors. Short of proof, give me something concrete and I'd be more likely to believe them.

Maryanne
(no login)

No score for this post
April 30 2007, 7:10 PM 

There is a bit more to the Wagner stories, they are more widespread...There have been rumors about his as far back as his arrival in Hollywood...but who knows, really.

Schuyler
(no login)

Wagner's Sexual Preferences

No score for this post
August 20 2007, 4:00 PM 

Yes, but you can say that about any posts here, obviously none can be proved or disproved, all are feelings based on events and background info. RJ was (and is) bi-sexual, Natalie did find him with another man, and she re-married him years later because she has always been in love with him regardless and thought her love could change him...again.
You can believe whatever you choose to, but that really is the truth.

Anonymous
(no login)

Wagner's sexual preferences

No score for this post
August 13 2007, 4:04 PM 

Hi Joanne,

Still madly in love with RJ, eh? tsk tsk tsk...clouds your judgment. Wagner was and is bi, has been since he first set foot in Hollywood; Natalie knew this, obviously, and thought he had stopped being with other men, but on the yacht he was caught with Walken which blew her mind and caused her, in shock and horror, to get into the Zodiac which she never would have doine otherwise, alcohol or no. Everyone protected RJ; this selfish wholly untalented wooden actor has been given every benefit anyone can get, and so undeserving...he is a cold fish, and has lived his entire life on a pass due entirely to the generosity of others.

Crhis
(no login)

No score for this post
May 1 2007, 1:18 PM 

Natalie wrote that her first marriage to RJ was a disaster. She said at first RJ was prince charming, but it came back to hit her in the face. She said they were great in a crown, but when they were alone he barely said a word to her, she said it was a sad and lonely existence.
I've the feelings RJ Wagner has a dark side too

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
May 1 2007, 3:48 PM 

I guess the reason why she married him again is because she missed that "sad and lonely existance." Please......

Maryanne
(no login)

No score for this post
May 1 2007, 4:49 PM 

I go with Anonymous on this one...Those alleged personal papers that Lana gave to Finstad are fake. If Natalie was so miserably unhappy with him why would she go back for more. Natalie spent too much time in analysis to consciously put herself in a position in which she would be unhappy...Those papers were created to make a buck and they did.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
May 1 2007, 7:55 PM 

My point exactly, Maryanne. Some like to believe that Wagner had a svengali-like hold on Natalie; making her do things she didn't want to do. But I believe that she worked too hard on herself, through analysis and afterward, to be lead around like that. To me she was a strong woman who made wise decisions, not only in business but in her relationships too. Especially as she got older.

Dale
(no login)

They Married eachother twice!

No score for this post
May 24 2007, 1:58 PM 

I find this humorous to say he was bi, the guy had one of the smartiest women in the world and cutiest to boot and she married him not once but twice.

The man must of love her, and she must of loved him endlessly to marry eachother more then once to begin with and its a shame that to this day people think he actually might of murder her over another women please did you see the pictures of Nat she was amazing women.

Accidents happen all the time, it might not sell books or make a good story but really let her rest in peace! We can remember her and always keep her in our hearts.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: They Married eachother twice!

No score for this post
May 24 2007, 2:39 PM 

Great post....No matter what happened...and we will never know..nothing will bring her back...and we should let this great lady rest in peace and enjoy what she left us...

Olivia
(no login)

Re: They Married eachother twice!

No score for this post
May 24 2007, 4:52 PM 

I don't think it's humorous to suggest RJ might be bisexual, it is to me, at least not something just horrible. I have a friend who found out her daughter was gay and she was devastated--I was kind of like, "I'd rather have her gay than a sexual predator, especially against children, a murderer or a racist." Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. Big deal.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 57 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings