<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

We need a new thread

October 19 2007 at 12:09 PM
No score for this post
Maryanne  (no login)

Let's just continue here...this is an annoying set-up.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Soliera)

dinghy

No score for this post
December 30 2007, 10:05 PM 

I have read two different accounts of the dinghy. In Finstad's book she explains that the dinghy is made of rubber and would not have disturbed Natalie's sleep. In "A Life" it is explained that the dinghy had a motor attached to it. Natalie heard it banging against the boat and went out to retie it. Do you know which story is correct? Thanks, Diana

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: dinghy

No score for this post
December 31 2007, 7:06 AM 

both, it was a motorized rubber dinghy.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
December 31 2007, 9:53 AM 

In response to Diana's post: "In Finstad's book she explains that the dinghy is made of rubber and would not have disturbed Natalie's sleep."

Why wouldn't a rubber dinghy make noise? Because it's rubber? Just another example of what an idiot Finstadt is. Waves lapping against the side of the boat would make noise, for goodness sake. And ANY noise, no matter how small, could keep one up if it's annoying enough.

Don't get me wrong, Lambert's book wasn't much better. But Finstadt fancied herself as a modern day Columbo, relying on stories from Lana and Davern. That's pretty shaky ground to use as a foundation for your theory if you ask me.

Dr. Noguchi
(no login)

No score for this post
January 3 2008, 8:10 PM 

Lana and Davern weren't her only sources. She also quotes legal documents from police, sheriff, and county departments - namely statements and findings of said departments' investigators. Those also included witness statements and statements from all three men aboard the "Splendour."

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 3 2008, 9:01 PM 

I agree with Dr. Noguchi. Finstad covered all the bases, she spoke to many people. Being an attorney she knew where to go for answers and how to get them.

(no login)

Finstad in regards to Davern, and his account

No score for this post
March 24 2008, 9:50 AM 

Finstad never interviewed Davern. Lana Wood told Finstad that Davern called her one night and spilled out the account she eventually used in her book. Didn't happen (Davern didn't call Lana) but Finstad went with Lana's account based on a drunken phone call that never happened. It is a fact, Finstad never talked to Davern. They never had an interview. Davern refused to talk to Finstad.
Davern did talk to Kashner of the Y2K Vanity Fair article, at which point the authorities should've became involved again. If there is someone to blame for the mystery of Wood's death still being alive, it is with authorities, who obviously botched an investigation into this case.
This is not to say that Finstad didn't come close with her account. She based her info on Lana Wood's stories (are they true?) and also on Sam Kashner's Vanity Fair article. She had little sources beyond that, so even she bashed the one person we can find the truth from--Davern. Davern was working on his story with his own author. That's the story we all need to hear.
Some of Finstad's info wasn't allowed to be used in the ABC movie based upon her book. Finstad accomplished a detailed, often tedious, Wood biography, but she wasn't able to answer the msytery of how Wood lost her life. Hopefully, that infomation will eventually come from reliable sources. I wouldn't discount Davern as a reliable source. I've read his accounts in various articles and I don't notice that he ever changed his account. I notice that his story grows. Seems whatever he has said that stuck, Wagner ends up confirming! We didn't know anything about Wagner breaking a wine bottle in anger for the first 10 years after Wood's demise. Davern comes out with it, and, voila! in Lambert's book, Wagner confirms it! A bunch of lies surrounding Wood's death still need to be explored. Maybe we should start believing the only person who wants the truth revealed! Davern.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Finstad in regards to Davern, and his account

No score for this post
March 24 2008, 11:50 AM 

the revelation about the bottle came earlier that Finstad's book. Most of what Finstad stated was told to her by Lana. Finstad NEVER talked to Dennis Davern, that is true. lana swears that davern called her in the middle of the night and told her the story that Finstad told in her book...but Finstad warned readers that it may not be true...
ABC would not touch the scenario that Finstad talked about in her book, nor would they gone near the "end of the first marriage" story....for legal reasons. wagner's lawyers sent them letters, I'm certain of that.
there is much of Dennis davern story that, in all likelihood, has not been told. I doubt that wagner will verify any of it.

Vlad
(Login vladislaus)

No score for this post
March 24 2008, 12:11 PM 

BELIEVE DAVERN??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL CSL CSL CSL CSL OOPS VLAD THINKS HE PEE A LITTLE BIT LOL LOL LOL LOL CSL FOOL'S VLAD KNOW.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2008, 8:40 PM 

LOL...who do you think was behind the vanity fair article?

natfan
(no login)

I'm open

No score for this post
March 24 2008, 10:30 PM 

The Vaniety Fair article was an interview with Davern. It says in it that Davern gave the story for no money involved. I mean, come on, why would this man give this kind of a story for no money when it's valuable information? I don't think the guy is out for money. I think his story is the only one that makes sense. Do the math, people, instead of blaming someone obviously (from the article) torn apart and confused, who named his own daughter Natasha. Does this person ever visit this discussion? Does anyone know?

boat owner
(no login)

rubber dinghy

No score for this post
March 24 2008, 11:24 PM 

I own a dinghy. It doesn't bang against our boat. Nor, make noise. This is my first visit to network 54. Are there generally more people than the few who've been posting here for years? If not, you folks need a break. I'll be back, tho, cause thisis interesting stuff.

Current Topic - We need a new thread
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement