<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

Maryanne, What Do You Know About Sam Kashner?

February 7 2008 at 2:42 AM
No score for this post
  (Login mjeastman)

I remember reading you ripping some writer who wrote an article about Natalie and I think his last name was Ryden, or something. Well, this Vanity Fair article I'm currently reading is by a writer named Sam Kashner.

What can you tell me about him? So far, I don't find anything tabloid about his writing. I've only read about a third of the article. I've been busy.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Maryanne, What Do You Know About Sam Kashner?

No score for this post
February 7 2008, 5:55 AM 

the article in Vanity Fair is no different in tone or context than what was written in THE GLOBE, THE STAR or THE ENQUIRER.
kashner is known to go down the tabloid road.
peter rydyn is a nut. when a celebrity dies he turns it into murder. richard burton died of a cerebral hemorrhage. rydyn claimed he was murdered. you name the dead celebrity, rydyn has a story.
in natalie's case he changed the story a few times...the last version was that stefanie powers killed bill holden, she told wagner, wagner told natalie, natalie wanted to go to the police, wagner askes walken to help kill her, walken said "sure" ....rydyn has been talking about his book about natalie for the past 15 years...one problem, he can't find anyone who will publish his book. he is known as a nut...kashner is known as a tabloid writer. much of the vanity fair article came from THE STAR...davern did a lot of business with them through the years...there was nothing in that article that was a huge revelation...the article is trash but to each his own.

lol...we got scolded for our behavior...

Michael J. Eastman
(Login mjeastman)

No score for this post
February 8 2008, 4:32 AM 

Well, no disrespect, but you are the only one so far making that accusation about Kashner. I don't care about the others from those tabloid ones; I don't read them, anyway.

Not sure if I believe Davern's comments came directly from The Star, as you say. Wasn't he interviewed by Kashner, who works for Vanity Fair. Again, I haven't read most of it. I've been busy. Will get to it soon.

I'm not tryin to play "Devil's Advocate" with you really, but I must look at each piece of data objectively, and decide for myself.

p.s. Frank claims 750 people a day visit this site, yet only about three per day actually have something to say (leave a posting). Hmmm...

(Login mjeastman)

No score for this post
February 8 2008, 4:35 AM 

Oh, forgot to thank you deeply for turning me onto that U-Tube thing. I viewed the original newscast from ABC on Nov. 30th, 1981 about Natalie's drowning. I had never seen that, nor any newscast about her death, as I recall.

I was an 18-year-old freshman in college at that time, and I was home for Thanksgiving break. Heard the sad news about Natalie, of course, but didn't follow the news about her much back then. This newscast that I viewed last night was really helpful!

Thanks, again! Can't wait to view other ones on that website about her.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 8 2008, 5:52 AM 

I thought you'd be interested in seeing that newscast. I'm pleased that it was of help to you. The rest of Natalie stuff on YouTube is very sentimental..the Biography segment is OK but it seemed rushed..and they had to use pre-recorded interviews with the family because Wagner would not cooperate. All of what you see was taken from other interviews.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 8 2008, 5:47 AM 

The Star articles with Davern came out years before the Vanity Fair article, by the time Kashner did that article those "revelations" that Davern made were old hat to people who had been reading about this subject for a long time. To someone who is new to it, it's shocking, to me it was the same old song.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 8 2008, 5:19 PM 

I agree. Davern started peddling his stories a few years after Natalie died. Even though the Vanity Fair article is fairly recent, Davern's stories are old, and as far as I'm concerned discredited. After the Geraldo thing (which as I said in another thread I believe was in the late 80s), whatever he says should always be looked on with skepticism.

The Anonymous who is not Maryanne

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 8 2008, 2:34 PM 

did you happen to notice there was a lot more participation before you came along?

Current Topic - Maryanne, What Do You Know About Sam Kashner?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings