<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

New Question

April 13 2008 at 9:58 PM
No score for this post
pat  (no login)

I find everyone's input here interesting and valid. I surfed around to some other Natalie discussions, with more activity, but the smarts are here. So here's where I'll ask the question. I give my Sunday word: no more wise guy posts from me. I'm hooked now and want to know more. A few posts I read at another forum about Davern makes me question something. Does anyone know if he was/is connnected to a Peter Rydin? My honest opinion to the alcohol levels of boat crew is that alcohol fueled dispositions, but doubt it took away Natalie's fear of dark water. She wouldn't of said to herself, "OK, I'm drunk and mad as hell now so I'm gone out on that ledge to stop that annoying. I'll show R.J. I don't need him" or said to Wagner "Excuse me, R.J., let's stop arguing for a minute. I've gotta get out to the swimstep to stop that noisy dinghy that's interfering with this fight." Really now.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: New Question

No score for this post
April 13 2008, 10:56 PM 

Really now (to quote your post), I don't believe she said either of those things.

Alcohol impairs a person's judgment. It's as simple as that. In most cases, people think they are fine, which is why most drunk drivers think they can operate a car. And we all know how well that works out, don't we?

I don't think the alcohol took away Natalie's fear of dark water and I don't think anyone here has made that claim. Her fear was being IN the water, which she didn't plan to be. But she was not afraid to go on deck.

So I find it completely plausible that Natalie would have tried to re-tie the dinghy herself. She had already gone to bed and Wagner was still in the salon. She heard it banging, was still too angry (or proud or a combination of both) to ask her husband for help, and she tried to do it herself. What's so hard to believe about that?

As for Rydyn, I don't know what Davern's connection to him is, if any. But Rydyn himself is a nut. In his world no celebrity ever dies of natural causes; it's always murder or foul play. Even Richard Burton, who died of a brain hemorrhage, for goodness sake. (Insert your "really now" here).

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 7:32 AM 

rydyn is in a nut class all by himself. he has said that if there is a celebrity death, he is there. right, he is there to create a conspiracy. in all of his "research", there is a conspiracy theory. he should become a writer of crime novels because he has a very vivid imagination, to say that least. rydyn's theory in natalie's death is far removed from davern's version. it's not even close. i tend to believe dennis who was there rather than rydyn, who was in england. also, rydyn's theories have changed over the years. when he first "investigated" natalie's death his version differed greatly from his current conspiracy version. the man is a real pecan..lol

i agree with anonymous about alcohol hindering good judgement but natalie was not one to go on the deck and lean over a boat at night, alone. could alcohol have given her more courage? maybe but i tend to doubt it because natalie was not one to tie lines. it's not the simple process that one imagines and there is more than one line. there are two lines about six feet apart. could she have tried to do this? maybe....but i doubt it.
another thing is, if she did try to re-tie the lines and fell, why did she not simply grab the dinghy and paddle back to the boat. no matter how far she fell she was closer to the boat than she was to shore. it does not make sense. there is more to this. there is a missing piece. something happened in between the time natalie went to her stateroom and the time RJ told dennis that she went missing and that something is what kept wagner from calling the authorities sooner as he did in the restaurant when she went to the ladies room. i'm not saying that he killed her but something happened and he panicked. i was told by someone that he made a call from the boat long before he called the authorities. the was not to lana as others have said here. she would have been the last person he would call. he called someone for advice. either he was given poor advice or he knew more than he was saying and decided against taking the advice he was given. wagner will take what really happened to his grave. there are too many holes in his story and too many inconsistencies in what he told the police and what he told the press. if there was truth in all that he claimed then why did he alter what he said to the police and what he said to reporters? i have been at this for along time. Unless Dennis comes forward and takes a lie detector test to confirm that he is telling the truth ,we will never know what really happened. could it have been a simple accident?...sure...but when one takes a good long objective look at this it becomes doubtful. i was one who believed that it was an accident but i looked and saw too many inconsistencies and unanswered questions. sorry i went on so long.

Nat Forum Browser
(no login)

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 2:06 PM 

I do not think that Dennis Davern and Rydyn stories are connected, they are light years apart. And, yes, he would make a great crime novels writer!
Pat, his 'story' is somewhere in the old threads, either 'the murders of natalie wood & william holden' or 'the death of nw & wh', you may want to give it a look...

Personally, I find it laughable, but the plot would make a great movie!

OT-By the way I wonder was he has to say about Princess Diana's case and latest sentence...

Back to Nat...Alcohol could have given her more foolhardiness, or impaired her capabilities: she tought she could. After all, as you rightly corrected me, each one's reaction to drunkenness is personal, even if there are 'common traits'.
But she was used to re-tie the dinghy in daylight, it was something she knew/learned how to do. Guess she was simply careless due to alcohol, and all the rest.

As to 'grab the dinghy and paddle back' maybe the sea current took her away from the yacht-and she was not a good swimmer...she could have lost her bearings, she panicked-and reaction to panic is personal...who knows? I'm just speculating, sometimes the current at sea is so strong that it takes you away from shore in a very short time, and I think that in the ocean the current can be even stronger.

Now, the call RJ made from the Splendour that night, well that's new, at least to me...he could have called anyone, certainly not Lana, I agree! He called someone for advice...well, that's a bit vague, it means everything and nothing at the same time: it might have been even a personal call, not related to Nat and the argument with her...and then, what 'advice'? And about 'what'?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 4:35 PM 

Also, don't forget that Natalie was wearing a down jacket that became saturated with water when she fell in. That extra weight had to hinder her movements.

pat
(no login)

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 2:15 PM 

Stopping by for a break from work. Anonymous, youre sharper than my triple blade shaver. Interesting view. Are you a cop or something? I agree with you. but do you know for sure Davern isn't connected to the pecan? lol

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 7:08 PM 

absolutely positive!!! rydyn's version is so far removed from anything that dennis has said. rydyn knows nothing. he makes up stories. as anonymous told you, richard burton died of a cerebral hemorrhage. rydyn stalked his widow. the man is deeply disturbed. he claims that walken killed natalie at RJ's request because stefanie powers killed william holden and powers told wagner and wagner told natalie and natalie threatened to go to the police and RJ had to silence her to he asked walken to kill her and walken said "OK, RJ, sounds like a nice way to spend the weekend, to kill natalie over something that has nothing to do with me." that makes sense, huh? that's the mentality of peter rydyn. SICK!!!...so ,no, he and davern are not connected in any way.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 14 2008, 7:15 PM 

natformbrower, natalie could not have been found where she was found if she just drifted with the tide. that was what noguchi claimed in his book. she took herself where she was found. with that, it would have been much easier and much less strenuous if she simply paddled back to the boat rather than try to paddle to shore if the tide was a factor. any way you slice it, it would have made more sense to paddle back to the boat than to paddle to shore. she had enough presence of mind to try to paddle to shore, she would have had enough presence of mind to paddle back to the boat. another factor that does not make sense.

Current Topic - New Question
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings