<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

Hello, Forum!

April 15 2008 at 6:40 AM
No score for this post
Michael J. Eastman  (Login mjeastman)

Hi, everybody! I'm currently recovering from my gall bladder removal surgery, and am very sore and very tired, so I'll keep this short.

Pat: Neither you nor I know what Stefanie Powers' real feelings were when she made that negative statement about God that I quoted. You cannot speak for her and tell us her real intentions. She might really believe/have believed what she said.

Hello, Maryanne, Nat Forum Browser, Frank, Vlad, and others! Man, am I ever sore on the inside; feels like somebody gave me about a hundred body blows! (That's a boxing term, in case anyone didn't know that.)

I'm going back to sleep now...Zzzzzzzzzz

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Nat Forum Browser
(no login)

Re: Hello, Forum!

No score for this post
April 15 2008, 10:37 AM 

Welcome back!

Yes, no one can speak for another person and tell what her (Stef) real feelings and intentions are..

On the other hand, it is also true that ...no one can tell what other persons real intentions and real feelings were, on a certain night, on a certain yacht, around a certain California island...we can only specutale, hypotize...

Michael
(Login mjeastman)

No score for this post
April 15 2008, 3:14 PM 

Thanks.

Sounds like you're trying to fill up a bunch of space to hide any blame towards R.J.

I had a good laugh when you, or someone, tried to whittle down the time frame of how long he waited before contacting anyone to start searching. The fact is, he drank Scotch while his wife drank the ocean. Sorry to put it like that, but that's the way it is.

Would you want your husband to wait until he felt like it to call the authorities if you were in trouble?

p.s. I've been to your country: Rome, Florence, Pisa. I really enjoyed my time there, but Rome was dirty. This was at Christmas 1986, I think. Have they cleaned it up by now? Got to see Pope John Paul II in person at the Midnight Mass. Not that I'm catholic, but it's cool to see someone famous. That leaning tower of Pisa was really cool to see! Fiorenza (Florence) was beautiful. Want to return to visit Milano and Venice. Oh, Pompeii, too.

Nat Forum Browser
(no login)

No score for this post
April 15 2008, 5:03 PM 

Perhaps it was my post...well it did accomplish something after all, made you laugh! So these weren't wasted words!

We have different ideas on how it happened, but confronting and discussing one's own view is always a positive thing, even if in the end we will all keep our ideas, unless there's a real solid inconfutable proof.

pat
(no login)

No score for this post
April 15 2008, 7:13 PM 

I'm new here and I think I stepped on some toes. Sorry about that. I like the discussions here. Will doo my best to respect others opinions. You are 100% right, Michael. I don't know if Stephanie Powers meant what she said figuratively or literally. I just didn't take such offense at the words. She was grieving the loss of who I presume to be a friend. There are posts on this internet accusing Stephanie of killing Holden. I say again that I think that's hogwash. Someone here explained crazy Peter from abroad and thanks for that. Natalie Woods death intrigues me (and my wife) and I tried to read all I could about it since her death. My whole family loved her, from my grandmother (since passed) on down to my young daughter who loves Miracle on 34TH.
I'd be happy to talk about Nat's movies here, but this forum is into her death and I would be the first to praise that mystery being solved. Also, to Michael (can I call ya Mike?)Have a speedy recovery.

Michael
(Login mjeastman)

No score for this post
April 15 2008, 7:28 PM 

I'd rather you call me "Michael." Thanks. And thanks for your well-wishes.

As a Christian, I take offense at anything said that is disrespectful to God, regardless of when it is said. God was not to blame for Natalie's death. In my educated opinion, Robert Wagner and alcohol are.

Current Topic - Hello, Forum!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings