<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

Does Anyone Know This?

April 16 2008 at 12:17 AM
No score for this post
Dr. Noguchi  (Login mjeastman)

Forgive me for my poor memory during my health problem right now, but I wonder if anyone has this answer to my question(s).

Was it R.J. and Natalie's first wedding where they were married in a Methodist church? Or was that the wedding he had much later with Jill St. John?

Just wondering how he decided to have it in a Methodist church. From all my research, I've never known him to be a Christian.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Nat Forum Browser
(no login)

Re: Does Anyone Know This?

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 3:21 AM 

As far as I know, it was RJ first marriage to Natalie that took place at a Methodist Church in Scottsdale (AZ) back in 1957. I've read that his parents were living there at the time and that his family was somehow connected with the Methodist religion.

Another source, Warren Harris book, however debatable it may be, says that RJ family belonged to Unity Faith that is similar to Christian Science.

As to his later marriage to Jill, I do not know if it was a religiuos or a civil one - he was after all, a widower.
Now, here things may be different from those of the Roman Catholic Church...

An interesting question, hope someone else has more infos

Nat Forum Browser
(no login)

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 5:32 AM 

By the way that's the second time that you somehow sress the fact, first with Natalie and now with RJ, of their not being 'Christian'.
In fact you said that if she were Christian, her life and behavior would' ve been positively influenced: she probably would not have been intoxicated thaat night, since this is not[theoretically] the normal practice of Christians. And the same would be for RJ, I am to understand.

What I know is that Natalie was a Catholic Ortodox. Whether she was observant or not, that's another matter. Methodists and Presbyterians, too are considered Catholics -with 'Catholic' having a general meaning and 'Cristian' or 'Ortodox' having a specific meaning, sort of a sub-cathegory -.

What I am trying to say here is that basically she was Christian, meaning that I think she believed in God and Jesus. I am using here the term 'Chrisrian' as opposed to a follower of Judaism or Islamism.

End of lesson. Class dismissed

Nar Forum Browser
(no login)

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 5:39 AM 

I'm answering this myself.....before someone else does it first!

That was boring and OT!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 6:57 AM 

she was russian orthodox.

Nat Forum Browser
(no login)

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 7:42 AM 

I meant that. Expressed it wrongly...

(Login mjeastman)

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 9:32 PM 

In reply to you "By the way..." thank you for your misinformation about the various Christian denominations. And it is Orthodox Catholic, not the other way around. And no, those others mentioned are not part of the catholic organization.

And why the long quote of me? Do you think I forgot what I wrote?

As a writer, and even a fan, I (and others) have the right to inquirer what their religous beliefs are/were.
In this case, I was inquiring about R.J.'s beliefs, if any.

For the record, Natalie was an Agnostic. I was personally told that by her sister Lana.

I wasn't looking for a religious lecture. The question were: does anyone know R.J.'s religous belief, if any, and why did they marry in a Methodist church?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 9:53 PM 

Jeez, chill out Michael. Many people, myself included, quote from the post to which they're replying in order to make it easier on OTHER PEOPLE who may be reading the thread. Of course you remember what you wrote, but others might not be aware of which post - or what portion specifically - is being responded to. This site doesn't always put messages in order.

Have you ever thought about seeking help for your control issues? The smallest things really set you off. It's not healthy. Let it roll, brother.

Dr. Noguchi
(Login mjeastman)

No score for this post
April 17 2008, 1:02 AM 

Have YOU ever thought about answering a question that WAS asked, and not one that WASN'T?

She put up a bunch on nonsense in her post, rambling on about stuff nobody cares about. I wish people would just answer the question if they know, and say nothing if they don't!

Is that too much to ask?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 9:56 PM 

RJ is Lutheran. They married in a Methodist Church because it was located close to where RJ's parents lived at the time, in Scottsdale Arizona...They chose Arizona because it afforded them privacy. Neither Natalie or RJ saw the church until their wedding day.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 10:18 PM 

Anonymous - Where did you read that Wagner is Lutheran? I've never read that before. Or are you assuming that because his family is of German extraction?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 11:55 PM 

I was told by someone who has known him for a very long time.

Dr. Noguchi
(Login mjeastman)

No score for this post
April 17 2008, 1:06 AM 

So, in other words, Wagner being Lutheran is just hearsay.

I'll conclude that no one here knows for sure his religious preference, if any. Thank you, though, for clearing up the question of the church.

Next topic.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 17 2008, 1:25 AM 

he is lutheran...someone who has knew him since he was a young man told me...that's not hearsay. she knows his religion.

Dr. Noguchi
(Login mjeastman)

No score for this post
April 17 2008, 1:12 AM 

Hmmm...so R.J.'s next door neighbor in Beverly Hills, or wherever, calls up Mr. Anonymous, who probably lives in Peoria, Illinois, and says, "Mr. Anonymous, R.J. is Lutheran."

Yeah, okay...

Next time ask your insider there if he knows if R.J. pushed Natalie overboard.

Dr. Noguchi
(Login mjeastman)

No score for this post
April 17 2008, 1:15 AM 

I have to tell you, I hurt myself laughing at that last post I wrote about Mr. Anonymous' insider.

I'm still sore from my surgery, but that was too funny what I wrote!

(LOL)

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 17 2008, 1:27 AM 

lol...it's not mr. anonymous..it's me!!..lol

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 17 2008, 3:47 PM 

"Mr. Anonymous" (as you call me) didn't post the information about Wagner being Lutheran. I'm the one who questioned it because I'd never heard it before either.

As for the information being hearsay: isn't it all? None of us know these people personally, so everything we're posting about them is something we've "heard" elsewhere.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 17 2008, 4:01 PM 

I was told by someone who knows...that's not hearsay.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
April 18 2008, 10:28 PM 

No offense intended, Maryanne, and I'm not doubting you because I don't know one way or another myself. But we're all strangers here, and quite frankly anyone can say anything on the Internet. So us getting the information from you is the very definition of hearsay.

Nat Forum Browser
(no login)

No score for this post
April 17 2008, 3:00 AM 

1 I never said it was not your right to ask, in fact I wrote it was an ineresting question.

2 The 'long quote' was there because it was from a previous thread.

3 I only knew Nat was Russian Orthodox, so I thought it was strange for you to say 'if she were Christian'. Now that you are telling that she was an Agnostic, your words are correct.

4 Someone who follows the Methodist faith is not Christian? Or a Lutheran? Or even an Anglican? Fondamentally she/he is.

5 That my post was boring and off topic, I said it myself.

6 My post might just have been a bunch of nonsense but it was not meant to be a 'lecture'. I was explaining something.

Michael
(Login mjeastman)

No score for this post
April 17 2008, 9:20 AM 

Manuela, I did not say those churches/beliefs were not "Christian." I said they were not "Catholic."

"Catholic" means universal, by the way.

I'm sorry for being grumpy to you yesterday, but I haven't had a bowel movement since Monday, and that Phillip's Milk of Magnesia didn't work! Will try something called "Ducolax" next, I guess.

Dr. Noguchi
(Login mjeastman)

No score for this post
April 16 2008, 9:25 PM 

I don't understand bringing up the catholic church. What does that have to do with my question?

Methodist is not a religion, it is a denomination of the religion Christianity.

Current Topic - Does Anyone Know This?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings