<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

new book

June 5 2009 at 2:03 AM
No score for this post
concerned mother  (no login)

I hope this book doesn't hurt Natalie's daughters. They are the truest victims of innuendo. Losing their nother was painful enough. Now they will have to deal with this ugly truth? Don't get me wrong, I think alot of people don't realize that only the truth sets you free, but it's a shame they will feel the hurt from this new book. In the long run, I hope it helps them to mend. My mother died a tragic death. Until I knew the full details, some 20 years later, I never felt at peace. Hope it's the same for Natasha and Courtny.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gordon
(no login)

Re: new book

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 6:10 AM 

What makes you so sure that this book will contain "the truth"? you seem to be making a certain assumption what is your basis for this?

Gordon

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 10:32 AM 

well, DUH, what makes you so certain all the other books did or didn't? (contain the truth). I would figure that Davern has some damaging things to say, and I would figure they wouldn't let him get away, at this point, with anything less than truth. He's not a big mis-idolized celebrity that can say whatever he wants, even if it's contradictory to what he's said before (Like RW did). I imagine anything about a mother's death will hurt children, grown or not. But I also think truth is the only rememdy. I base my belief that we're going to get some truth on the fact that NO ONE ELSE has seemed to offer it, and maybe this guy coming behind it all with a much needed BROOM is a good thing. I think this book will be clean. That means TRUTHFUL in case you want to ask another DUH question.

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 11:37 AM 

And who will be the judge to decide if it is indeed the truth?

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 11:41 AM 

We'll have to wait and see which is why I look forward to this book.

To the original poster, I feel that Natalie's children will be OK with this. They are grown women. They may not want to hear it but they will survive it, they are their mother's daughters.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 3:33 PM 

I would suspect: the readers will be the judge.

Anonymous
(no login)

the truth - you can't handle the truth!

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 4:53 PM 

The truth, for you and others, is only what you want it to be. You don't believe Wagner's version because it's not what you want to hear. You don't believe the investigators' findings because it's not what you want to hear. Now you're banking that Davern will give you the version you've been waiting for.

So I ask - How are you going handle it when you read his book and he says Wagner DIDN'T kill her?

Someone's in for a BIG disappointment.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: the truth - you can't handle the truth!

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 5:23 PM 

Whatever the truth is: Wagner's version, Davern's version, or even if those two versions correspond: to hear one or the other will validate one or the other. Then, readers can choose. We don't know what Davern thinks, but we do know he was there and obviously knows something about that night. Otherwise, why a book from him? There are many others who can capture the essence of Natalie far better than employee, Davern. Something is in this book beyond Natalie information. I want to know, so I will buy it. I already did buy it, and look forward to reading it.

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 5:53 PM 

We'll see what he gives us. As for the "killing" topic. We don't know. We were not there. The police were lied to by Robert Wagner. His lies make the investigation worthless to me. Maybe Dennis won't tell us that RJ was culpable in Miss Wood's death but I'm sure Wagner's lies will be revealed.

And how will you handle it if Dennis does tell the reader that RJ killed Natalie or at the very least, lied about the entire weekend? Perhaps you will be the disappointed one. Why don't we wait until we read the book to see who is disappointed?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 6:24 PM 

I'm sure he'll spice up the argument angle, but no way Davern writes that Wagner killed Natalie. None. Think about it. If he did, he'd be lining himself up for an obstruction of justice charge. That's enough right there to tell you that won't be the book's angle.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 6:25 PM 

Same thing goes for Davern revealing that "Wagner lied about the whole weekend". Since Davern corroborated Wagner's version to the investigators, once again he'd set himself up for obstruction charges.

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 7:20 PM 

and that's another reason why I am looking forward to this book. I look forward to seeing just how much Dennis will tell without putting himself on the line. He may be ready to accept the consequences of what happened that weekend but I doubt that Wagner will be able to say the same if Dennis sticks him neck out by implicating Wagner and admitting his own dishonestly with the police. Obviously, if he lied, he lied for Wagner. They could both he in trouble with the law. However, RJ is the big fish, Dennis is a guppy that will be thrown away to catch that big fish. If there are charges brought because of what Dennis reveals, the police will make a deal with him. This is not a complicated legal matter.

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 8:37 PM 

Davern will uncover nothing because he knows nothing even though he was there, if indeed Wagner had something to do with her death do you think he would be stupid enough to let a loose cannon like davern see anything, would anyone? I think not. What you will find in this book is Davern throwing around scenerios based on what he heard and did not hear, what he saw but did not see, the book will never uncover just how she died because Davern does not know. What you will get from this book is for example "sex without the climax." We will never ever know exactly how Natalie Wood died.

Gordon

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 9:00 PM 

He was there. It's very probable that he knows everything that went on that entire weekend. I'm sure he will tell us what he saw and heard. We may never know how she died but we may find out all that led up to it and then some.
Are you saying if Dennis saw RJ push Natalie in the water, he would have killed Dennis also? Interesting to think of what a man who is out of control could be capable of but I'm sure he would have contained himself and stopped at killing Natalie rather than killing them both and trying to explain that to the police. That's ridiculous.
You say we may never know how she died which implies that you believe that it was not an accident?

Anonymous
(no login)

Gordon is a woman

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 8:26 PM 

Gordon is a woman.

Xsurfstar
(no login)

Wood's daughter are not children!

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 8:09 AM 

Natalie Wood's daughters are grown women not children. Respectfully, Natasha and Courtney are well into their thirties and step daughter Katie is in her forties. They are discussed as though they were still the age when their Mother left them twenty seven years ago.
Why would the book being discussed hurt them but Robert Wagner's and Gavin Lambert's books didn't hurt them?
It's OK for Wagner's biological daughters Courtney and Katie and his adopted daughter Natasha to read about their Father's sordid affairs with actresses long dead or his lunacy of stalking Warren Beatty with a gun and Lambert's "SWISHING HER TAIL" comments and his reference to her alleged drug use and alcohol abuse? Those statements are fine? I don't think so.
Those statements which made it to print by not only a close supposed family friend but also their Father did not hurt her daughters?
Someone I've known for years and I call my "kid brother" told me about this site and gave me the link to it. Normally I would never post on any site concerning anyone but I find this just to compelling.
I've kicked around the film business well over 50 years. I'm familiar with Robert Wagner. He was never anything more than a dime store Cary Grant wannabe who married well not once but twice. Natalie Wood was a beautiful, loving and talented woman who was taken from daughters and family and the world much too soo. No matter what the circumstances of her death these are the facts.
I'm sure all the little fan fanatics of Robert Wagner's will come out of their hovels to dispute this post but as my kid brother would state, it still does not alter the truth.
(for J.)

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Wood's daughter are not children!

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 10:51 AM 

^ liar

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Wood's daughter are not children!

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 11:05 AM 

^fool

Anonymous
(no login)

liar?

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 11:12 AM 

What is the guy lieing about? Everything he said is proven and in print. R U saying the guy is lying about things that are in those books because he isn't or are you saying he is lying about the ages of the daughters? He is right again.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: liar?

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 11:32 AM 

^ I believe the poster is lying about being around Hollywood and knowing Robert Wagner.

That post was made by a regular here who is just trying to gain some credibility for their argument by claiming to know Robert Wagner.

Liar.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 56 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings