<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings  

new book

June 5 2009 at 2:03 AM
No score for this post
concerned mother  (no login)

I hope this book doesn't hurt Natalie's daughters. They are the truest victims of innuendo. Losing their nother was painful enough. Now they will have to deal with this ugly truth? Don't get me wrong, I think alot of people don't realize that only the truth sets you free, but it's a shame they will feel the hurt from this new book. In the long run, I hope it helps them to mend. My mother died a tragic death. Until I knew the full details, some 20 years later, I never felt at peace. Hope it's the same for Natasha and Courtny.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gordon
(no login)

Re: new book

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 6:10 AM 

What makes you so sure that this book will contain "the truth"? you seem to be making a certain assumption what is your basis for this?

Gordon

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 10:32 AM 

well, DUH, what makes you so certain all the other books did or didn't? (contain the truth). I would figure that Davern has some damaging things to say, and I would figure they wouldn't let him get away, at this point, with anything less than truth. He's not a big mis-idolized celebrity that can say whatever he wants, even if it's contradictory to what he's said before (Like RW did). I imagine anything about a mother's death will hurt children, grown or not. But I also think truth is the only rememdy. I base my belief that we're going to get some truth on the fact that NO ONE ELSE has seemed to offer it, and maybe this guy coming behind it all with a much needed BROOM is a good thing. I think this book will be clean. That means TRUTHFUL in case you want to ask another DUH question.

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 11:37 AM 

And who will be the judge to decide if it is indeed the truth?

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 11:41 AM 

We'll have to wait and see which is why I look forward to this book.

To the original poster, I feel that Natalie's children will be OK with this. They are grown women. They may not want to hear it but they will survive it, they are their mother's daughters.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 3:33 PM 

I would suspect: the readers will be the judge.

Anonymous
(no login)

the truth - you can't handle the truth!

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 4:53 PM 

The truth, for you and others, is only what you want it to be. You don't believe Wagner's version because it's not what you want to hear. You don't believe the investigators' findings because it's not what you want to hear. Now you're banking that Davern will give you the version you've been waiting for.

So I ask - How are you going handle it when you read his book and he says Wagner DIDN'T kill her?

Someone's in for a BIG disappointment.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: the truth - you can't handle the truth!

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 5:23 PM 

Whatever the truth is: Wagner's version, Davern's version, or even if those two versions correspond: to hear one or the other will validate one or the other. Then, readers can choose. We don't know what Davern thinks, but we do know he was there and obviously knows something about that night. Otherwise, why a book from him? There are many others who can capture the essence of Natalie far better than employee, Davern. Something is in this book beyond Natalie information. I want to know, so I will buy it. I already did buy it, and look forward to reading it.

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 5:53 PM 

We'll see what he gives us. As for the "killing" topic. We don't know. We were not there. The police were lied to by Robert Wagner. His lies make the investigation worthless to me. Maybe Dennis won't tell us that RJ was culpable in Miss Wood's death but I'm sure Wagner's lies will be revealed.

And how will you handle it if Dennis does tell the reader that RJ killed Natalie or at the very least, lied about the entire weekend? Perhaps you will be the disappointed one. Why don't we wait until we read the book to see who is disappointed?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 6:24 PM 

I'm sure he'll spice up the argument angle, but no way Davern writes that Wagner killed Natalie. None. Think about it. If he did, he'd be lining himself up for an obstruction of justice charge. That's enough right there to tell you that won't be the book's angle.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 6:25 PM 

Same thing goes for Davern revealing that "Wagner lied about the whole weekend". Since Davern corroborated Wagner's version to the investigators, once again he'd set himself up for obstruction charges.

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 7:20 PM 

and that's another reason why I am looking forward to this book. I look forward to seeing just how much Dennis will tell without putting himself on the line. He may be ready to accept the consequences of what happened that weekend but I doubt that Wagner will be able to say the same if Dennis sticks him neck out by implicating Wagner and admitting his own dishonestly with the police. Obviously, if he lied, he lied for Wagner. They could both he in trouble with the law. However, RJ is the big fish, Dennis is a guppy that will be thrown away to catch that big fish. If there are charges brought because of what Dennis reveals, the police will make a deal with him. This is not a complicated legal matter.

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 8:37 PM 

Davern will uncover nothing because he knows nothing even though he was there, if indeed Wagner had something to do with her death do you think he would be stupid enough to let a loose cannon like davern see anything, would anyone? I think not. What you will find in this book is Davern throwing around scenerios based on what he heard and did not hear, what he saw but did not see, the book will never uncover just how she died because Davern does not know. What you will get from this book is for example "sex without the climax." We will never ever know exactly how Natalie Wood died.

Gordon

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2009, 9:00 PM 

He was there. It's very probable that he knows everything that went on that entire weekend. I'm sure he will tell us what he saw and heard. We may never know how she died but we may find out all that led up to it and then some.
Are you saying if Dennis saw RJ push Natalie in the water, he would have killed Dennis also? Interesting to think of what a man who is out of control could be capable of but I'm sure he would have contained himself and stopped at killing Natalie rather than killing them both and trying to explain that to the police. That's ridiculous.
You say we may never know how she died which implies that you believe that it was not an accident?

Anonymous
(no login)

Gordon is a woman

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 8:26 PM 

Gordon is a woman.

Xsurfstar
(no login)

Wood's daughter are not children!

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 8:09 AM 

Natalie Wood's daughters are grown women not children. Respectfully, Natasha and Courtney are well into their thirties and step daughter Katie is in her forties. They are discussed as though they were still the age when their Mother left them twenty seven years ago.
Why would the book being discussed hurt them but Robert Wagner's and Gavin Lambert's books didn't hurt them?
It's OK for Wagner's biological daughters Courtney and Katie and his adopted daughter Natasha to read about their Father's sordid affairs with actresses long dead or his lunacy of stalking Warren Beatty with a gun and Lambert's "SWISHING HER TAIL" comments and his reference to her alleged drug use and alcohol abuse? Those statements are fine? I don't think so.
Those statements which made it to print by not only a close supposed family friend but also their Father did not hurt her daughters?
Someone I've known for years and I call my "kid brother" told me about this site and gave me the link to it. Normally I would never post on any site concerning anyone but I find this just to compelling.
I've kicked around the film business well over 50 years. I'm familiar with Robert Wagner. He was never anything more than a dime store Cary Grant wannabe who married well not once but twice. Natalie Wood was a beautiful, loving and talented woman who was taken from daughters and family and the world much too soo. No matter what the circumstances of her death these are the facts.
I'm sure all the little fan fanatics of Robert Wagner's will come out of their hovels to dispute this post but as my kid brother would state, it still does not alter the truth.
(for J.)

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Wood's daughter are not children!

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 10:51 AM 

^ liar

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 11:05 AM 

^fool

Anonymous
(no login)

liar?

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 11:12 AM 

What is the guy lieing about? Everything he said is proven and in print. R U saying the guy is lying about things that are in those books because he isn't or are you saying he is lying about the ages of the daughters? He is right again.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: liar?

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 11:32 AM 

^ I believe the poster is lying about being around Hollywood and knowing Robert Wagner.

That post was made by a regular here who is just trying to gain some credibility for their argument by claiming to know Robert Wagner.

Liar.

I am J.
(no login)

explain why you feel xsurfstar is lying.

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 4:16 AM 

I know who the person is that posted. You may believe this or not but everything he said is the truth. As for lying? Tell me one lie he told! If you don't want to believe he travelled in the same circles as Wagner when they were both younger, that is your prerogative but where are the lies?
That is the problem with half of these absurd posts! No substance, no intelligence, just a bunch of bladdy, bla, bla.
Someone comes along stating well documented facts and once more the Trolls of Ignorance raise their heads.
By the way I am J. the poster speaks of and I am proud to know him and to call him my brother and proud of his accomplishmemts once he left the film industry behind him. Proud that he was never splattered across the tabloids and never felt the need to write a cheezy, self absorbed, self indulgent, kiss and tell memoir filled with half truths such as the Scott Eyman/Robert Wagner's book.

Veruska Pomegranite
(no login)

why?

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 8:13 AM 

Why would the surf guy lie? Whats the big deal. Wherther he was in Hollywood or still there or never there doesn't alter the fact that everything he said is true. He didn't run off calling Wagner all sorts of names. The worst he said was about a dime store Grant but that too has been in print many times over the years. He could have gossiped about Wagner and told the old story about him always kissing up to people like Sinatra just to get his face in print. He could have talked about Wagner admitting he was drunk the night of ther accident or calling him a gay . Hell, he could have said a lot of stuff but he didn't.
The RJ cronies just can't face the truth that their Prince Valiant just may not be as Princely as they think.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: why?

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 1:13 PM 

I already wrote why I think he's lying. It's the same reason other people post here as if they're investigative experts - they believe it gives their side of the discussion more weight.

This person says he knew Wagner and goes on the criticize him, well then, his criticism must be true.

Another person says, "believe me, I'm a cop". Therefore, their opinion of that night must be the way it was.

I believe he's lying. In fact, I believe he isn't even a real person. He's a regular poster here who is pretending to be someone else, someone from the "industry" for the very reason I outlined above.

Pathetic.

Anonymous
(no login)

pathetic one

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 2:29 PM 

You are the pathetic one. Like you can see every person that is posting? Believe whatever you want about Wagner. He is a scum sucking liar and you must be one too if you are sticking by that drunken bum.

Anonymous
(no login)

lie

No score for this post
June 27 2009, 6:21 AM 

So just because you never been to Hollywood or new anyone famous everyone is a liar? The guy didn't say they were best friends. Lots of people knew Robert Wagner. The guy has been around for years kissing butt of the bigger stars.
I guess this is standard for liars. They lie so much that they think everyone is lying too.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 11:04 AM 

I was taken aback by the horrible slurs towards Natlaie in Lambert's book, it's true. It seemed Wagner used Lambert to send a message about Natalie (almost as if she deserved death) in that sickening portrayal. Lambert's book is as transparent and magnified as the #2 reading glasses on my nose right now.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 11:18 AM 

This is an excellent post. Thank you. You have a way of taking the words right out of we Natalie fans' mouths. Wagner is a proven liar. No one has brought it to the attention yet of the general public, that's all. Perhaps Goodbye Natalie Goodbye Splednour will get that job done. If he's proven as a liar, then the rest of what needs to be proven will follow.

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 11:52 AM 

This is becoming a bore. All of this repetitive gibberish going on. The bottom line is that no matter what Dennis Davern tells us Wagner's supporters will say he is lying. I'm hoping that Davern and Rulli interviewed other boaters who may have seen or heard something that weekend. We know Marilyn Wayne came forward but she was kicked to the curb by Rasure. Maybe she will be interviewed for this book. Let's wait and see. Obviously, Wagner has his devotees here to defend him while the rest of us want to learn more about Natalie's last days. I have not a doubt in my mind that Robert Wagner is keeping some of it to himself. If his supporters believe that he has told all, they are very naive. One of the posters here said that we see what we want to see. That's my feeling about Wagner's supporters. They see what they want to see so no matter what we read in this book, they will never concede that Wagner lied. So round and round we go.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 6 2009, 5:19 PM 

I agree. It's senseless. Davern could have pictures of something RJ fans don't want to see, and they still wouldn't see it. I think Natalie fans, however, would be relieved to learn there's nothing sinister about her death. All of the documented lies thus far, lead us to believe differently, though. Those lies and the deception exists: we didn't create it. Wagner has tripped himself up many times over. It's in his own words and in his own deliverances, and they still do not see. They will say, "He calls it an accident, what's to see?" How about his revelations about one thing, to say something different the next time. People telling the truth don't do that. Die-hard RJ fans will never believe we seek answers for the right reasons. That he's a lousy actor is secondary to the truth about such a wonderful woman's death. I, for one, choose to argue with them no longer. We may be on the brink of "discovery" -- I'll wait and see.

Anonymous
(no login)

fact

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 8:03 AM 

fact is he is a lousy actor along with a drunk and a liar

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: fact

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 5:39 PM 

Oh, I don't disagree with that!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 7:18 PM 

Marilyn Wayne will say in the book she was threatened by Wagner to keep her mouth shut. Wagner did not conduct the investigation Rasure did and he found no credibility in her story, Why because she did not report her story till days after, i'm sure Rasure saw someone looking for attention or $.

Gordon

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 8:23 PM 

Marilyn Wayne explained her side of things well in Finstad's book. What Wagner fans fail to see (or acknowledge, as usual)is that Marilyn Wayne obviously wanted no attention whatsoever from what she witnessed. But, when the coroner finally caved in to all the pressure (the main reason we were never given the truth about Wood's death), Marilyn wanted to correct his "timeline" -- ha! Who even cared about a "timeline" (supposed to be the first priority of any dead body) when it came to poor Natalie? What a crock of BS her death became because of ineffective investigating and a running-scared coroner (lost his job anyway!) and if you know that Wayne will say she was threatened, then maybe that's because you KNOW she was! (?) I wonder how many threats poor Davern received! I wonder if Wayne is even interviewed in the new book. I wonder what authorities will make of it, or DO with it. That's what I can't wait to see. Ya gotta give Davern credit for guts and perseverance if nothing else.

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 8:37 PM 

Let me re-phrase my self my mistake. Rulli will say that Marylin Wayne said that Wagner threatened her. Actually it wasn't Wayne that heard screams in the night it was her son whom I believe was under 10 years of age or so. What Wayne claimed she heard was two different voices coming from the area of the Splendour saying something to the effect of "hold on we are coming to get you" if this is so then the two voices were Wagner and Davern because Walken was asleep. Wayne never claimed she heard screams for help. If this is true then we have to believe that Davern knew she was in the water, so we must ask "why wasn't she saved?" right? or are we going to believe that RJ told Davern do nothing and let her drown, highly unlikely. Oh what a tangled web we have woven.

Gordon

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 8 2009, 5:48 AM 

Wayne claimed she heard a voice saying "we're coming to get you". As I recall she said the voice did not come from the direction of the Splendour. That was told in all the news reports. It seems that some of you are coming to this story rather late and repeating some of the inconsistencies that have been printed over the years. If she was going for attention she would have said that the voice did come from the direction of The Splendour. She NEVER said that the voice came from The Splendour. What is so incredulous about a 10 year old hearing cries for help? We are being a bit dramatic? Why would these people lie? Why would they need this kind of attention? I believe the cries were heard. I believe Rasure discounted them because they did not fit into the end result of his investigation. Once again, we'll see where Marilyn Wayne fits into this in the book. I'm looking forward to it. As for Wagner threatening her, it's interesting that it was mentioned because I have always felt that was the case but not Wagner directly but someone connected to him advised these people to keep quiet. As I have said in the past, if Natalie were my wife I would have contacted this woman to ask her exactly what was heard and when. His disinterest in this is revealing of what he already knew.

The web was woven many years ago and Robert Wagner has been very active in weaving process as have Davern and Walken but the most consistent in his story has been Davern. Omitting what appeared in the Finstad book, Davern never varied in his account. His account is not credible to some because he is not look as if he fell out of a magazine as Wagner does. He is labeled "a drunk" but the only difference in Davern being a drunk and Wagner being a drunk is Wagner drinks better booze. Walken's story had changed from interview to interview. He obviously wants to distance himself from this.

Once again, let's read the book and come back to discuss it. We have no way of knowing what will be written. Does anyone have any inside info?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 8:30 PM 

isn't most anything and everything about money in this new demented world? But, I can't see this being about money. Doesn't make much sense. I can't see how someone would stick so long with something just for money. I wonder what these authors do for a living, and I bet there's something else as motivation for Rulli and Davern's book. It wouldn't make sense for publication to come now otherwise. I bet everyone involved in this story wants to make their peace with God and with Natalie and that's why all this info is coming out now. I bet everything in this new book is true. I'd put my bottiom dollar on the fact that this was done for Natalie, and whatever happens on the side (a lot of sales or no sales) that this was done for the memory of an unmatchable woman and actress. Wanna bet?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 8:37 PM 

No. Betting means nothing. You're just hoping, that's all. Prepare yourself for disappointment.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 8:49 PM 

I read the review. It sounds like this was for Natalie. Sorry. Maybe they care about her. I'm glad she has people who still care.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 9:30 PM 

Oh please, don't be so dramatic. As if her family doesn't!?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 7 2009, 8:39 PM 

How does a thread that starts out about Natalie Wood's daughters end up talking about Marilyn Wayne's lies? How? Because it all goes back to this case being the Wagner family against Wayne, Davern, Rulli, and impossible Nat fans. There are so few of you conspiracy idiots so why don't you all join your own club and leave the Wagner family alone? They don't deserve all this. How can you live with yourselves? Davern and Rulli, burn you damn book!

Anonymous
(no login)

wagner is the one that bneeds burning not rulli's book.

No score for this post
June 8 2009, 6:48 AM 

Wagner is the one that should be burned! Burned at the state for his lies, greed and deceit!
I hate that drunken old Son of a .....!
He should rot in Aspen with that fat old bag wife who licks his craxck so she can get more money out of him.

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 8 2009, 7:48 AM 

Why would Marilyn Wayne lie? What did she have to gain? If she was lying she would have said "I heard" but again what did this woman have to gain by lying.

It's not "the Wagner family", it's Robert Wagner. No one is implicating Natalie's children.

Wagner's supporters always use the word "conspiracy" as a means of taking a shot as people who believe that Wagner is hiding something. There was no conspiracy in Natalie's death. The only conspiracy was to cover up what occurred that night, to cover up what lead to Natalie's death.

As for deserving all of this, Natalie's daughters do not but they can thank their father for it. They will come out very vocally in support of Wagner but I don't believe for one moment that they will not have their doubts.

I ask the same question about RJ, how can HE live with himself?

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 8 2009, 11:32 AM 

Natasha and Courtney know just how their mother died. There is no way Wagner would lie to them for all these years. Doubts? sure they have them, why? all the stories made up by Natalie fans who don't believe she died the way she did, but they do not believe them. This new book will not tell us how Natalie died, it simply cannot and will not. It will be a good chuckle book to read late at night, for the most part it will end up being a dust collector on a shelf or 50 cent item at a garage sale. the last thing the public wants is another anti climatic book about Natalie Wood.

Anonymous
(no login)

and you know this all how?

No score for this post
June 8 2009, 1:01 PM 

Really? You know these things for a fact? Since you are passing off conjecture as fact let me add my own. I was recently told that when Natasha was in a play recently and far from Hollywood she was was overheard saying she would take any job that got her away from RJ and his daughter Katie because she was sick of having to put on a smiling face during interviews for Wagner's book and all Katie was interested in was making sure her Father got his money. Sounds like a crack in the Wagner Dynasty to me!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: and you know this all how?

No score for this post
June 8 2009, 4:45 PM 

Really? I heard she said just the opposite. My spies were backstage too. In fact, they also said something about you, but I can't repeat it here. Sorry.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 8 2009, 5:47 PM 

Natasha should never have taken that horrible man's name. Now she'll have to live with it, because I have some insiders, too, and Goodbye Natalie Goodbye Splendour is anything but anti-climatic.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 8 2009, 8:10 PM 

Oooooooooo! The drama on this site is too much!!!!!

vlads wife
(no login)

spies

No score for this post
June 9 2009, 3:05 AM 

Spies? where did the other poster say spies? you must be from Wagners side because that old drunk has spies everywhere. He is way afraid of the truth. I heard he was spying on you last night.
woo hoo better be careful or the boogey monster will get you.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: spies

No score for this post
June 9 2009, 5:25 AM 

Pretty soon he won't have to spy. It will all be out in the open. Imagine how drunk he'll be then.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 9 2009, 7:13 AM 

I wonder if Christopher Walken is nervous about Goodbye Natalie Goodbye Splendour ???????????????????????????

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 9 2009, 9:04 AM 

I think the only problem he may have is that his statements to the police may be in print. If he lied, he may be embarrassed. If he was truthful, he should be OK. However, I don't think he wants to be connected to this. His love of his privacy may be an issue.

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 9 2009, 11:32 AM 

In this book Walken will not be mentioned very much. No libel statements will be made against Walken. Walken is too powerful of a person for Rulli to take a chance with. Walken alone could shut this book right down, it still could happen. The book will say that Walken was seasick most of the weekend and on the night Natalie died he was in his cabin sleeping and knows nothing. We will see, if this book will do anything it will give Walken the power of the "last word". Is this something we want to hear? we might not like what he has to say considering........

Gordon

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 9 2009, 2:52 PM 

Considering that Wagner and Davern have both stated that Walken was in his stateroom when Wagner allegedly noted that Natalie was missing it's unlikely that it will change at this late date. I don't think there are any "libel" statements that can be made about Walken. He appears to be totally free from blame in Natalie's death.
I don't believe Walken will say anything about the book. He had already contradicted himself in previous interviews. Again, we will see.

I don't think Walken is as powerful as you seem to think he is. He's an actor who prefers to keep a low profile. If he was in the stateroom his "last word" is meaningless. He was not sitting with Wagner while waiting for the right time to contact authorities, Davern was. Nor was Walken present when the calls went out. Davern was. His last word would be of no value.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 9 2009, 4:11 PM 

The posts on this site are too much.

On the one hand, Wagner is portrayed as all-powerful. Someone who has bought silence through either money or intimidation. But on the other, he's somehow powerless in stopping this book that (in your minds) will bust this case wide open.

Could there be more of a contradiction?

Just goes to show there is no consistency AT ALL in your theories. Wagner is portrayed in whatever way is most convenient to support whatever theory being posited at the moment.

It also happens to shoot a mile-wide hole in the conspiracy theories, but that's for another thread.

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 9 2009, 4:11 PM 

Let's not forget Walken made two statements in what order I'm not sure, he said he was sleeping and knows nothing, he also said he was awake through the whole night for whatever reason he has been exempted from the whole situation. ever hear the saying "beware of the quiet one".

Gordon

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 9 2009, 4:33 PM 

In one interview he said he was there when RJ came out of the stateroom and told them that Natalie was gone. He said no more than that. In all other interviews including his statement to the police he said he was in his stateroom, RJ has said that Walken was in his stateroom and Davern said that he was in his stateroom. If Walken was there, Davern would have already told us. I would not expect too much from Walken. As for beware of the quiet one, who has been more quiet than RJ? Walken ,who has consented to few interviews on this topic, gave more interviews that Wagner has in the past 27 years. Only now Wagner discusses it because of his book. So, yes, do beware of the quiet one.

Eduardo Aron Cleaver
(no login)

Gordon, you have read the book?

No score for this post
June 9 2009, 7:03 PM 

"The book will say that Walken was seasick..." < So either you co authored the book or you have read it already in order to make that statement, correct? <br> I think NOT! Have you read the police report? You couldn't have if you are making these statements.

Anonymous
(no login)

gordon

No score for this post
June 10 2009, 7:15 AM 

isn't Gordon a woman from the rjfan site trying to throw everybody off with her gordon screen name?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Gordon, you have read the book?

No score for this post
June 10 2009, 11:20 AM 

I, for one, have read the police reports. Finstad talked about the police reports in her book, too, pretty damn thoroughly. The police reports are what the authorities based their conclusion on. The police reports are worthless in this case. The police reports contain all of the lies. Yes, everybody lied. Why? It was easier to do. Natalie Wood was DEAD. Three messed-up guys weren't going to draw attention to themselves. Think about it.

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 10 2009, 12:47 PM 

Exactly, the police reports were based on the lies that the 3 men told. The accidental drowning theory was based on the lies that the 3 men told and make Wagner the number 1 liar. This is another reason why I can't wait for this book.
What is not worthless are the statements made by the people who worked on the island and the people who took part in the search.
To the above poster, how did Wagner explain his reason for waiting so long to call the Coast Guard. What did Walken tell the police. What did Wagner tell the police about the last time he saw his wife. Tell us about this police report that you read. How many pages? I'm very curious because people on this forum make statements that are clearly untrue.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 10 2009, 5:03 PM 

I call BS. No way you read the police reports.

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 10 2009, 5:14 PM 

I'm inclined to agree with your BS theory.

Anonymous
(no login)

theory

No score for this post
June 10 2009, 7:34 PM 

here is three votes for the B S theory!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: theory

No score for this post
June 10 2009, 10:48 PM 

Sorry, I work 11 to 8, therefore could not respond immediately. But I indeed have read the police reports. I'm sure anyone writing about this case will have done their homework and read them, too. I actually had thought about writing an article on Wood's death many years ago, but it would have been based on the police reports only. I had no witnesses or means to travel to interview people. Yes, I could have by phone, but interviews are better face to face. In the report there is a witness from Catalina who was moored near the Splendour. He called the Splendour to invite Natalie and RJ for a nightcap. He supposedly heard arguing. Walken told the police it was a regular partying weekend, and that he didn't know what happened to Natalie. Wagner gave no answer whatsoever on as to why he did not report her missing when he did. He just said it was a nice weekend and he didn't know what happened to his wife. Davern told Rasure he didn't know what happened. He said some confusing things also but the report offered little as to any reason why Natalie would have left the Splendour. It's a confusing piece of mostly what the original notetaker jotted down (forget her name) and that report said that Wagner called immediately for help, to the Coast Guard. All of this was in Finstad's book. Don't any of you recall it? She took her information directly from the police report (which by the way is about 12 pages long). She banged it all out for everyone, even the police, but I guess it's easier to look the other way. Maybe this new book will make it a bit harder. Hope so.

Reed
(no login)

Re: theory

No score for this post
June 11 2009, 12:00 AM 

about 12 pages long? You never read the police report. You read Finstad's book. The Coast Guard was called at 3AM. That's far from immediately. What else did Wagner tell them? Do you expect us to believe that he said "I don't know." and that was OK with police. What else was discussed in this report you say you read.
OH, how I can't wait for this book.

Simply J
(no login)

a flat out LIE!

No score for this post
June 11 2009, 7:01 AM 

That report was NOT "...about twelve pages long."! That is a flat out LIE!
My Father was in Federal Law Enforcement for over forty years and then in Private Investigative work for almost twenty and knew many detectives from the LAPD. My Father read that complete report, word for word, page for page! When he was finished I asked him his verdict. His exact words were "This is b*ll sh*t. 2 + 2 should always equal 4 and this does not." Plain and simple.
I do not care if anyone calls me a liar because of their own agendas and are too enamoured by the Son of Hollywood to rub the star dust out of their eyes.
Say whatever you want but the truth is the truth.

Gordon
(no login)

Re: a flat out LIE!

No score for this post
June 11 2009, 11:36 AM 

The truth is the truth, yes it is. The end result of the investigation is that is was an accident. We can all say what we want and feel the way we feel but that result will never ever change. First of all I am nuetral when is comes to NW's death, why? because we will never ever know how she died unless she tells us herself and that is not going to happen. I read the posts here and it seems like wagner is on trial, maybe he is in our minds and our hearts but the end result will never change, her death was ruled an accident and that will never change. So soon we will have another book to read, will it change anything, no, will the case be reopened, no.

Gordon

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 11 2009, 3:07 PM 

We will never know how she died, that may be true, BUT Davern's book may tell us what led up to her death and what part, if any, Wagner played in her death.
Just because he death was ruled an accident does not make it so.

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 11:32 AM 

You claim that Wagner had a part in her death, does that mean someone else has another part? If the book tells us circumstance that lead to her death which it will it has no choice but does not tell us exactly how she died which it will not, what do you have? more speculation. I wonder which scenerio Davern will use, there are only so many and all of them have been discussed many times over. What will we have here with this book? another book telling us the same things we already know about Natalie and then an ending without a climax, gee i'm excited

Gordon

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 3:30 PM 

By your own words I am assuming that you, Gordon, will not be buying the book.

"You claim that Wagner had a part in her death, does that mean someone had another part?" Are you serious? LOL Played a part in her death means that he was involved in her death. I'm sorry if my words confused you.

How do you know what the book will tell us?

Which scenarios? Apart from the one in Finstad's book which was not directly from Davern, he has been the most consistent of the 3 men.

If you are so bored by the prospect of this book, why are you here day after day? I find that amusing. You say that you are neutral but you seem just a tad partial to Wagner?

Anonymous
(no login)

He is a She

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 4:34 PM 

GORDON will be buying the book so then SHE can run to the RJ and Natalie groups and get all wild like SHE always does until the moderators tells her off and threaten to kick her off.

Reed
(no login)

Re: He is a She

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 8:17 PM 

Oh really? Gordon is a female? I am getting a bit confused. Why would a woman claim to be a man? What purpose would that serve.

I agree, though, that Gordon will buy the book in spite of his-her condemnations, she or he is curious.

Anonymous
(no login)

you seem to know all

No score for this post
June 11 2009, 6:03 PM 

you have a crystal ball or something? You can predict the future and you know what will happen once the book is released? I don't think you are a man. I think you are one of those women who is infatuated with Wagner because you still see him as the young guy playing all those broody roles.

Reed
(no login)

Re: you seem to know all

No score for this post
June 11 2009, 6:29 PM 

"crystal ball"? I said Davern's book MAY tell us what led up to Natalie's death. That is not a prediction. It is speculation. I suggest you re-read my post.
You don't think I'm a man? Interesting but I am a man, I have been since the day I was born. Infatuated? Maybe you have those feelings, my dear, but I can assure you I do not.
As for how I see him, I see him as a very self-centered man who lies to protect himself.
This website attracts a real potpourri of rather off the wall types. I wonder if Wagner knows how bizarre his fan base is?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 12:44 AM 

why on earth do these threads turn to one line postings? Is there a way to get them horizontal again? These are interesting posts ut very difficult to read.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 12:45 AM 

How
do
we
change
the posting?
This is a test.
haha

Anonymous
(no login)

sorry Reed

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 7:18 AM 

Sorry. I wasn't referring to you I was referring to that Godon person. You are one of the few on here that makes any sense. Sorry for the mix up. I think Gordon is a woman not you.

Anonymous
(no login)

hey Gordon

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 7:22 AM 

Gordon are you that crazy broad from the RJgroup stirring up crap again?

Anonymous
(no login)

why should he be nervous?

No score for this post
June 13 2009, 8:22 AM 

Why should Walken be nervous? He didn't kill her. I don't think Davern should be nervous either. The only one who should be nervous is Robert Wagner and he has damn good reason to be nervous. He has paid for the supression of the truth for years but all things must end soon or later.
I hope he gets nailed to the wall in the court of public opinion.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: why should he be nervous?

No score for this post
June 13 2009, 9:24 AM 

There is no more evidence against Wagner than there is against Walken or Davern, but somehow in your mind only Wagner is guilty. I hope you never serve jury duty on ANY case. Idiot.

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 13 2009, 9:43 AM 

Why must Wagner's supporters resort to name calling? Why can't they take part in an intelligent discussion without insulting others who feel differently. I suspect this topic will cause even more of this behavior when the book comes out. I suspect some will not buy the book out of some twisted loyalty to Wagner. If that's the case, I hope they refrain from commenting and name calling as they are not going to read the book. Why would someone feel the need to comment on a book they are not going to read? To defend Wagner?
Let's grow up and stop the name calling.
As for evidence, so many lies were told. Those lies tainted the "evidence".

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 13 2009, 10:09 AM 

I am trying to have an intelligent conversation, but that's very hard to do when you get hung up on words, especially when they are being used properly.

First, let's define idiot:

Idiot - Noun 1. an utterly foolish or senseless person.

Someone who looks at the events that night - Natalie Wood dead, three men on board, no evidence against any of them - but somehow declares Wagner as the guilty one is a senseless and utterly foolish person. As I said before, there is no more evidence against Wagner then there is against the other two. So why is Wagner the guilty one in this person's eyes? Easy answer - hate.

And I stand by my jury comments. Someone this idiotic should not sit on a jury.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 13 2009, 1:58 PM 

Let's define "evidence" instead of the word "idiot" -- At the scene, there was little evidence to point to anyone, granted. Since then, however, much has come to light, much of it from Wagner himself. He has admitted to breaking a wine bottle in anger. Shortly later, his wife was missing. That's NEW evidence. Apparently, Wagner did NOT tell this event of breaking the wine bottle to Rasure. Why didn't he? Is it possible that bottle breaking somehow led to Natalie's diappearance? If it didn't, why would Wagner have told Rasure the bottle broke from rough seas as Rasure has reported in several interviews? So, this is not the mind of an idiot at work. This is reevaluation of a case that was initailly filled with lies, and the police should take another look at this too. Things like this--not hatred--are what points toward Wagner mostly and not the other survivors. The lies and new evidence is what motivates Natalie fans to want another look at this case. Wagner fans and defenders continually choose to not comment on these facts. Instead they resort to name-calling. That's more like an idiot. And sad. Simply sad.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 13 2009, 10:47 PM 

The broken wine bottle had NOTHING to do with Natalie's death. Nada.

The bottle was broken by Wagner in an argument with Walken NOT Natalie.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 13 2009, 11:19 PM 

They were arguing over her when he broke the bottle. It had everything to do with her. The bottle may not have had anything to do with her death but the anger that was expressed in breaking it may very well have had something to do with her death.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 14 2009, 12:20 AM 

And you say Natalie had nothing to do with the bottle breaking because Wagner tells you this? If I were Natalie, I'd sure be pissed off if my husband broke a bottle in front on my costar. You must be insane if you think an episode like that would not have angered her, probably caused a fight with her husband, thus leading to her death. Wagner broke that wine bottle and yelled out that Walken wanted to screw his wife. That's what Davern told in every one of his interviews. It had nothing to do with Natalie's career. And Natalie was there when he went crazy and broke that bottle. Oh, if Wagner says it one way, that's the only way? I doubt it. He's the one with the most to hide and the most to lose. I'd take Davern's word anyd ay over Wagner, the already proven liar!

Anonymous
(no login)

he is a liar

No score for this post
June 14 2009, 6:23 AM 

I'd take just about anybody's word over Wagners who constantly flip flopped the truth through the years. That dirt bag is guilty of something and I hope his guilt eats away at him just like the booze did for the rest of his life.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: he is a liar

No score for this post
June 14 2009, 1:35 PM 

Yeah, they never respond when the harder truths are written about. Maybe they are in a corner crying instead.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 15 2009, 4:41 PM 

Even Davern said Wagner broke the bottle in anger directed at Walken NOT Natalie.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 15 2009, 5:41 PM 

But the anger had to do with Natalie, the argument was over her. It was an act of violence having to do with Natalie.

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 15 2009, 9:07 PM 

If Wagner broke a wine bottle in an outrage against Walken, then one must think that something drove him to do this. If Wagner said like Davern said he did "what are you trying to do etc" then was Walken flirting with Natalie? or was Natalie flirting with Walken? Something sparked Wagner's fury which is very unlike him. Either way for Wagner's actions something happened. Wagner claims in his own book that Natalie was being emotionally unfaithful, I would guess this explains his actions? What do we believe?

Gordon

Reed
(no login)

No score for this post
June 16 2009, 5:34 AM 

"very unlike him". I suggest you re-read Mr. Wagner's book. When he is drunk his demons come out.
You are saying that Wagner's actions were Natalie's fault, or Walken's fault? Interesting.
"Emotionally unfaithful" ,that was one of the most asinine statements Wagner made in his book. He explained that it meant that she was thinking about her work, not him, not her family. What a dumb thing to say for a man who had a career of his own.
His actions were sparked by his own insecurities and by his drunkenness. Why are Wagner's actions someone elses fault? His inability to control his rage is no one's fault but his own. When a man beats his wife during an argument, is it her fault because she said something to spark his rage? When a parent violently strikes a child, is it the child's fault? The breaking of the bottle was an act of violence due to Wagner's inability to control his anger while drunk. We all get angry but most of us, thankfully, are able to control our anger rather than explode in a violent fit of rage. His inability to control himself at that moment is one of the things that makes one wonder exactly how Natalie Wood ended up in the dark water she feared.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 16 2009, 6:18 AM 

Well said, Reed. Very well said. People tend to forget that NATALIE is the victim, not Wagner. Wagner deserves the questioning. Wagner lied to the cops. So give us the REAL answers! It's never too late for that.

Gordon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 17 2009, 11:40 AM 

As a matter of fact I did read Wagners book, I do not recall any passage where he said when he drank he became mean. If you are saying this is true well then we must assume that Natalie and RJ had a abusive marriage, why must we assume this?, because they both drank daily or nightly and I am sure it was not the first time RJ and Natalie were as loaded as they were that night, so by what you are saying there had to have been prior abuse....no I don't think so, Natalie Wood would never put up with that, and RJ is not abusive. RJ's outrage that night was specific to what was going on at that moment, therefore something was going on, what? we may never know, but in no way will this book tell us. I am sure Davern will shed RJ in a bad light, he has to to make his story. I'm sure Davern will say that Natalie had had it with RJ and wanted a divorce, this is all customary and predictable. Gee if think hard enough I bet I can figure out what Davern will say about how Natalie died.

Gordon

Anonymous
(no login)

Gordon are you a total idiot?

No score for this post
June 16 2009, 6:43 AM 

Hey jerk are you a total idiot or do you just post like one? It was Natalie's fault? Sher provoked him? That drunken bastard should be the one in the bottom of the Catalina waters. That arrogant selfish scum bag killed her as sure as if he held her under the water and you have the brass balls to say she provoked him.
You are a woman from the RJlist who still has the hots gfor RJ when he was younger. He ain't Jonathan Hart so stop watching those dumb reruns and playing with your snoodle.

Anonymous
(no login)

idiot

No score for this post
June 14 2009, 6:18 AM 

Wagner's daft supporters resort to name calling when they are backed into a corner with the truth and just these words as their only defense.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 12:49 AM 

I am posting a message from the top of this thread to see if the postings will stop being short lines. If this falls at the bottom, one can click from this post to get it back to normal. If it doesn't go to the bottom, we're stuck in the middle I guess, unless someone here wants to start a new thread on this interesting topic. I want to hear more. I have little input because I don't know what's going on. But I love reading about this subject. I visit several forums here and this one always never disappoints me. I wish people would use one anonymous name and stick with it tho. It gets confusing. It intrigues me how everyone is so split over this subject. This is like an unending mystery that so many seem to want finished. but what will you all talkabout when and if it's ever done?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 12 2009, 12:50 AM 

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it worked!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 17 2009, 11:46 AM 

yeah, but no one used it...lol

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 23 2009, 4:33 PM 

To respond to the OP's original question, I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think Natalie's daughters will believe the book anyway. Didn't one of them say Finstad's book was tabloid trash (without reading it)? Understandably, they would find it inconceivable Wagner did anything, directly or indirectly, to contribute to their mothers' death and then lie to them their whole lives. They would, of course, not be inclined to stir up sad, old feelings and to look into the details of the case and see the holes.

I think one could argue maybe it's better they don't know the whole truth, but I am more of a 'truth can set you free' person myself. I think when children are lied to about something fundamental in their lives, there is always something detrimental about it. I believe children are instinctual and deep down sense something is wrong when they are lied to, even if they don't consciously understand. Any big family secrets or a trusted figure in their lives lying to them creates a cognitive dissonance that affects psychological development and how much they trust their instincts as adults.

Also, as much as they love their father, they simply have a right to know what really happened to their mother and to be angry at him for the role he likely had in it. They have a right to an answer, period. It's horrible for anyone facing bereavement to not have answers. But if there IS an answer and that is deliberately withheld, then that is just cruel. Especially to a child, where the grief and the confusion of not knowing why or how all mixed together must be hell.

I don't think a book, no matter how truthful and how convincingly written, would be taken by them as truth. They'd only have to face the reality of what their father did if the case was reopened and he was found guilty of, say, manslaughter or some sort of criminal negligence.

If the time comes that they do have to face something like this, the pain they would go through would be enormous, but it would not be the messenger who would be to blame for that. It is Wagner's fault for keeping it from them. Wagner should have told the truth long ago and taken whatever punishment was fitting. He should have let the girls have the answer to what happened to their mother - the answer he knows. And he should have let them hate him for a time so they could heal more. But all he cared about was protecting no. 1.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 23 2009, 4:51 PM 

Your entire post is predicated on the assumption that Wagner is hiding something. Perhaps he's not. Because by your own admission, you believe "children are instinctual and deep down sense something is wrong when they are lied to, even if they don't consciously understand." By the simple fact that Wagner's children still love and support him, they apparently don't feel "lied to".

It must have taken you forever to type your post. Sorry I shot it down so quickly. happy.gif

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 23 2009, 5:16 PM 

Why don't we wait until they read the book unless Daddy persuades them not to as he did with The Vanity Fair article. Gee, I wonder why he asked them not to read that? Could it be that he did not want Natalie's kids to learn the truth about their mother's final hours?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 23 2009, 6:56 PM 

In one breath, the girls are adults. In the other, they're "girls" over whom Wagner holds this Svengali control.

Make up your mind. You can't have it both ways. Truth be told, if they wanted to read the article, I'm sure they did.

Anonymous
(no login)

how do you know?

No score for this post
June 23 2009, 7:24 PM 

How do you know how Wagner's two daughter and one step daughter really feel? It's Hollywood. Its acting. Acting is all Bull Sh*t anyway and Katie Wagner is proof of that.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: how do you know?

No score for this post
June 23 2009, 7:34 PM 

you can say that again. she is the ultimate phony. I think courtney and natasha have her number. katie is her father's daughter. she is so fake. she has his fake hollywood smile. i saw them at a book signing. katie began to talk and courtney and natasha looked at each other. i can imagine what they were thinking.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 23 2009, 7:52 PM 

I don't think COurtney would have tries to kill herself if she were completely healed. She knows deep down what her father is. Yes this is sad to say, but it is true. Those girls deserve to know.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 23 2009, 8:12 PM 

Yeah, I'm sure it was all her father (whom, by all accounts, she still loves and supports). I'm sure she was all fine and good with losing her mother at seven. That had nothing to do with her depression.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 23 2009, 10:48 PM 

Many kids lose their mothers at early ages. They don't do what Courtney did. That points to her father. That's who would most likely find her. Sorry. Truth hurts, but it also helps to heal.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 24 2009, 4:51 PM 

How in the heck does that point to her father? Many people attempt suicide. By your logic, it's always the father's fault and no other events in their lives had anything to do with it?? Please....

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 24 2009, 9:13 PM 

You obviously are not informed of some details about the circumstances involved with Courtney's attempt....things that are too personal to post here. Believe me, in the attempt, there existed a blatant message to her father.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 25 2009, 4:44 PM 

Uh-huh, right. Don't believe the stuff you read in The Star, unless of course, it fits your agenda. Then, of course, it's obviously you can't help yourself.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 26 2009, 12:20 AM 

I don't read the Star

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 26 2009, 11:25 PM 

Sure....

Current Topic - new book
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>View more postings