<< Previous TopicReturn to Forum  

Special Thanks to LLT

July 29 2017 at 12:25 PM
Don  (Login waueson)
UpInClass Member

I wanted to recognize and thank our own Larry La Tour for helping out a group of 6 nickel and dime players last week. We were heading to Saratoga so I contacted Larry to see if he would be able to offer any help on his picks. Even though he was in Vegas he still took the time to send us horses that he liked for the two days we were going to the track. Without any idea who I was he still very generously texted several horses that he liked to me. Most people would have never responded or told me to get lost. Larry took extra time to try and help us, and we texted back and forth all week. What a great guy he is. So thanks again Larry. By the way his best bet won at 9-2.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Dell
(Premier Login Badactor)
Owner

Re: Special Thanks to LLT

July 29 2017, 12:48 PM 

One of the nicest guys in horse racing...
[linked image]
Champion Handicapper, Larry LaTour!

afleet
(Login afleet)
UpInClass Member

July 29 2017, 10:15 PM 

Very cool. I don't know Larry, but sounds like someone I want to know

Badactor
(Premier Login Badactor)
Owner

August 5 2017, 3:41 PM 

Hi Larry... you were in Las Vegas and may have missed this post... happy.gifbump.

Larry LaTour
(Login Hezethebest)
Stewards

August 6 2017, 8:03 AM 

Thanks for bumping this, Dell. It was nice yet unnecessary for Don to give me a shout out. I felt bad for him and his Ohio buddies seeing as the 2 days they targeted for Saratoga both came up wet. They deserved better. I remember tagging 3 "Best Bets" while they were there only to lose to of them to surface switch scratches. At least the lone runner to load the gate (Celtic Chaos) didn't disappoint us at $13.00 or so. Thanks again for pointing me to this, and thank you Don!

LL

Michele
(Login PonyGirlJCM)
UpInClass Member

August 6 2017, 4:12 PM 

That was so nice of Larry........👍🏻🙂

big daddy
(Login bigdaddy-915)
Stewards

August 18 2017, 11:12 AM 

no surprise to me to hear all this about "hezathebest"...a top-notch guy on every level...he's always approachable and helpful even if it doesn't' involve a horse....I've had the opportunity to hang with Larry a coupla times and its a great pleasure to call him friend....just sayin' happy.gif

b.d.

gallantbob
(Login gallantbob)
Stewards

August 18 2017, 9:49 PM 

Larry was kind enough to pause the festivities and brave the worst of today's rain for an all-too-brief stop and chat at the Big Red Spring. I'm hoping I was able to repay his years of sharing his wisdom with my humble pick in the fifth. Super good dude, as expected.

Larry LaTour
(Login Hezethebest)
Stewards

August 21 2017, 10:46 PM 

You are too kind, sir! G-Bob and I did get acquainted for a few minutes last Friday and it didn't take long to figure out the "G" stood for gentleman. Our meet was after the 3rd per Big Red Spring tradition and if I'm not mistaken G-Bob did more than tout the winner of the 5th. Seems to me he may have caught the pick 5 for $800.00+ if I recall his spread in the 4th correctly. Hope I'm right, Bob. I also hope to see you again one day at the Spa!

LL

Respond to this message   
  << Previous TopicReturn to Forum