Return to Index  

Re: My choices are...

November 17 2006 at 8:49 AM
Anonymous  (no login)

Response to My choices are...

<<Lange 1 in white gold with guilloche MOP dial since it has a striking resemblance to the Lange 1A. As for the Chronometre Souverain, I like it in platinum. My dealer quoted me the price for the platinum CS which is a mere $1000 more than the white gold Lange 1. Therefore, I feel the CS is a better value.>>

Some food for thought:

Depends on whether you like the chunky feel of German watches or the elegant, light feel that is Journe's trademark.

I can't decide, which is why I have both of them (Lange 1 in the classic (and, I'd argue, "purist") yellow gold/silver, the CS in the red gold/silver). See, I'm weak.

Subjectively, I can't pick a favorite. Objectively, I will tell you that when I'm rushing out the door each morning I tend to choose my Journes (the other is an Octa Lune in red gold) more often than I choose my Lange 1. Just a fact.

(The other one that I tend to grab a lot these mornings, since you're in the market and its in the same general price range, is the Lang & Hayne King Johann in yellow gold and a white enamel face - just lovely and a crown/winder that even edges out the feel of the Lange 1, which is superb)

Respond to this message   
ThePuristS.com Home Page