Return to Index  

Valid point and also...this "tactile" quality is subjective but highly valued among design

November 21 2006 at 5:59 AM

bernardcheong  (Login bernardcheong)
AP Discussion Group

Response to LOL! Pull up your pants folks, because it's too late to save the shoes

I had this discussion with car designers, watch designers, and leather goods guys...it is very subjective...this feeling of quality.

9 out of 10 it is usually not an illusion, but the use of texture, weight, warmth (or the lack of it), and the relative change of one surface texture to another..as in the Lange's use of a brush finish to a polished one...and so on.

But..in the several Jornes I own, I have ONE specific problem...the crowns always seem to not go in and out with that "quality" snap...as one expects in a car door, or handle...and as you know, entire departments at Mercedes etc spend time just to get the door to close with the right balance.

The other thing...the finish of the Journes crown..it has a slightly raw edge.

Lastly, the Geneve stipes on the Journe and the anglage work are slightly off at the edges where they meet. This is obvious to me, under a loupe. The Lange's stripes are spot on.

There's more..but I can't get it just off.

Respond to this message   
ThePuristS.com Home Page