<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Fenugreek Extract

March 23 2006 at 4:16 PM

(Login jpeters2)

I've just received my Fenugreek extract to replce the Fenugreek capsule I add to my massage batter. How much should I use? It says 20 drops is equivalent to 250mg of the dried herb

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Lisa
(Login Lisa121)
EVE MEMBERS

Re: Fenugreek Extract

March 23 2006, 4:41 PM 

I think people usually just add one dropper to their lotion, I think about 2 tbsp of lotion or oil? Not completely sure but if I was you I would just start with the one and see how you get on.
Take care,
Lisa

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS

Fenugreek

March 23 2006, 4:53 PM 

Janie

When I used the fenugreek extract I added one dropper full to my lotion.
You may just have to experiment a little with how much lotion to use to get you through the whole massage.

At first I used a tablespoon of lotion and 1 dropper fenugreek. I had tons left over when I was finished, so I did and extra long massage to use it all up.

The next time I made my batter I didnt measure the lotion, I just put into a bowl what I thought looked right (about the size of a quarter or half dollar) that time I used it all up and had no runny mess.

But basiclly I think adding a full dropper of it would be fine.

Sunset
(Login liquidSunset)
EVE MEMBERS

A few tips

March 23 2006, 5:04 PM 

One other thing you prolly already know this but that fenugreek extract is 100xs stronger smelling than the capsules. I used it for 3 days in massage and was mortified when my boss said "I smell syrup" I couldnt smell it on myself to bad, but others really can.

And the smell is SO hard to almost impossible to wash off-let alone to cover up. I dont want to try and discourage you, its great stuff if you can deal with smelling like Aunt Jemimma!..lol

Anyhow, I read this tip and it does work a little so I thought I would pass it along. I would recommend useing latex gloves to rub the fenugreek batter in with because no matter how much I washed my hands the smell was ALWAYS there. But here is the tip I found: if you need to get the smell of your hands pour some coffee grounds (dry ones) into your hands and "wash" your hands in it. Then after that use soap and water, and it helps get rid of some that smell. :)

I hope you dont get embarrassed by using it and someone thinks you smell like a pancake..lol I am not going to use it everyday any more, maybe not at all cause the smell just seems to "soak in" and never go away, I am a little bummed because I paid 11.50 for a small 1 ounce thing of it. I think I may still use what I have up, but certainlly not everyday and only at night..lol

I hope it works well for you! :)

Surf
(Login Surf.)

March 23 2006, 6:32 PM 

There are many different Fenugreek extracts out there. Below are just 2 examples that I ran across when trying to figure out what to order myself.

Greenbush Fenugreek seed extract

Our pure fenugreek extract in an extra value four ounce size. Full medicinal strength (1ml = 1000mg). 240 average doses per 4 ounce bottle. Bio-chelated* and Holistically balanced to preserve herb characteristics. Pure Alcohol Free Extract. Herb Strength 1:1. (take 1/8 teaspoon, 3 x daily)
*Greenbush Bio-Chelated Extracts: Alcohol-free, full medicinal potency (1ml = 1000mg), 2 to 3 times the strength of the average herbal extract.

Fenugreek, Eclectic Institute,
(Shake well before using) Mix 15-30 drops in warm water and take this tea 1-3 times daily. Discontinue use if unusual symptoms occur. Consult your health care advisor regarding the use of herbs during pregnancy, with infants or with prescription drugs. Keep out of the reach of children.
Ingredients: Dried, ORGANIC Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum ) seed. Organic grape alcohol content: 65%. Filtered water. Dry Herb Strength 1:4.

Notice the different Herb Strength!!!!!!! I ended up ordering the Greenbush Fenugreek. I only use 1/8 teaspoon (and EPO) for my massages (3 times a day). I realize that I didn't answer your question. I guess that I'm just trying to let you know that dosages can vary depending on what you have.

(Login jpeters2)

March 23 2006, 9:33 PM 

It says 20 drops is equal to 250 mg dries herb. Strength 1:3 45% alcohol ... 40 drops to be mixed with a small amt water 3 times a day if ingested ... I wish it would say haw many drops to a ml. Oh well, trial and error I suppose. There's 100mls in the bottle. I got it from homeherbs.com

Sherri
(Login Miss_Sherri)
EVE MEMBERS

March 24 2006, 3:48 AM 

Janine (hope thats right)
I think I got the same fenugreek extract as you. got my from homherbs.com too. I usually add like 3/4 of a dropper to my lotion, because when I did 1 full dropper the first time, it was really runny. However I guess it depends on what you use as a base too.

Sherri
(Login Miss_Sherri)
EVE MEMBERS

March 24 2006, 3:49 AM 

Sorry Janie, I got your name wrong

(Login jpeters2)

Sherri

March 24 2006, 8:55 AM 

Hi Sherri ... it's Ok about the name :-) I tried it last night and added 40 drops (equivalent to 500mg fenugreek) to a dash of emu oil and 2 capsules of EPO (100mg) it was runny, but no more than the emu oil and I was able to massage the chi massage and for about 5 minutes afterwards with a gentle massage to absorb it. (I don't have a heat pad) It didn't smell too bad.

I then did a gentle massage with cocoa butter (very gentle)as i love the smell plus also over my upper body and legs & thighs as it gets the circulation going there! .. reducing cellulite hopefully and finished off with a drop of vit E cream on the boobs. They feel so smooth and soft this morning !!:-)

Current Topic - Fenugreek Extract  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index