red clover with saw palmetto?

September 7 2008 at 4:12 AM
hobbit_girl  (Login hobbit_girl)

so i was thinking of taking:

red clover
saw palmetto
fennel
evening primrose oil

but then i read on the "information on herbs" page that red clover and saw palmetto can be bad to take together.

"Both saw palmetto and red clover contain chemicals that may reduce the blood's ability to form clots. When taken together, they may increase the risk of dangerous bleeding. Individuals who take both may need more frequent blood tests to make sure that blood is clotting properly. Additionally, saw palmetto and red clover both contain chemicals that act like hormones in the body. If they are taken at the same time, their hormonal effects may interfere. Individuals who decide to use them together should also be alert for decreased hormonal effects. If problems occur, saw palmetto, red clover, or both may need to be reduced or stopped. You may want to ask your healthcare provider about this potential interaction if you think you are having problems."

do you think that should be a problem? i'm all paranoid now lol

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Angel
(Login angelrage)

Re: red clover with saw palmetto?

September 12 2008, 4:32 AM 

the fla2fab program doesn't indicate any problems with taking red clover and saw palmetto (and fenugreek) together.

Molly
(Login MollyH)
EVE MEMBERS

September 13 2008, 8:07 PM 

Red Clover and Saw Palmetto are commonly taken together. Nobody has reported any problems.

Sarah
(Login Redqueen13)

September 18 2008, 3:08 AM 

I've been taking both together (at the same time even) for a few months and I noticed when I was on about 1500 mg of both a day, I had the lightest, most pain-free menstrual cycle I've ever had and I think it put me in an overall better mood (it actually freaked me out at first) and it started clearing up my skin (which has broken out since going off the pill and being on another NBE product - forget the name at the moment). However, I stopped feeling the breast achiness that I felt previously so went back down to 1000mg a day, which I think made me start to break out again. I took a little bit of a break and now I'm two weeks into taking them at 1500 mg a day. Last time, I didn't see improvement in skin, etc until I was about a month in.

Also... I have been feeling breast achiness now (which is surprising me, now that I'm taking RC + SP for just for my skin) , so maybe before I just ramped up too quickly. Who knows... I'm also taking EPO 2x a day plus I have soymilk with my breakfast so that could be helping too (no real growth though).

I would suggest starting on 1000mg of each a day and then ramping up after a couple of days to a week before going further (if you want to).

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index