Help With The Site - for constructive discussion of board issues.
Suggestions, improvements, questions, and complaints.
Please Read Our Policy Before Posting.Register your ID for posting
Message Boards
Healing Heart
Deeper Healing
Open Board
Single Healing
Healing Fun
Forum Issues

Chat Rooms
Betrayed Only
Open

Helpful Links

FAQ:
Posting
Inserting pictures
Adding your story
Inserting smilies
Abbreviations
Using HTML

My Resources

Moderators
Ami
Helen
Kid
Pat
Rett
TomJ

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Resource for UK members

June 21 2007 at 6:13 AM
No score for this post

Dave  (Login shoozul)

Hello Moderators,

I have recently posted a number of replies to Adam, who is in the UK. I found myself digging around for resources that could be of help to him, as they were to me, with my W's depression/BPD, and with our recovery from the A.

It occurs to me that we actually have a fair sprinkling of UK members. In the aftermath of my own D-day, I scratched around for resources to help me. The principal counselling organisation in the UK is called Relate, and their MC helped my W and I immensely. I know Adam is also going to MC there, and I think that Jerry may have (he certainly knows about them, anyway). They also put out a number of publications and have links to other UK resources. So I wonder if you would consider adding a link to their website, for any new UK members who are in the same position I was in.

www.relate.org.uk

Many thanks,
Dave

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
TomJ
(Login tomj76)
Healing Moderator

Re: Resource for UK members

No score for this post
June 21 2007, 9:24 AM 

Thanks David! We have a fairly large contingient of people from other nations than our US/Canadian majority, and it will be good to have resources to help them. If you have any others (including books), please add them here so that when I do the next update I can find them easily.

TomJ

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Carole
(Login dorset_girl)

Relate

No score for this post
August 19 2007, 10:05 AM 

I am in the UK and my husband and I had one session last week with a Relate counsellor (on finding out about his affair). I found it very helpful but the cost was high so I'm sad to say that although I feel we could have BOTH benefited from more counselling, we just can't afford it.

However it is worth mentioning that the counsellor recommended a Relate book called 'After the affair' by Julia Coles. I have ordered it from an eBay seller so we are just waiting for it to arrive.

I am hoping it may be good for us both.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
For problems, concerns, ideas, suggestions or other requests by e-mail: healingmoderators@hotmail.com