Help With The Site - for constructive discussion of board issues.
Suggestions, improvements, questions, and complaints.
Please Read Our Policy Before Posting.Register your ID for posting
Message Boards
Healing Heart
Deeper Healing
Open Board
Single Healing
Healing Fun
Forum Issues

Chat Rooms
Betrayed Only
Open

Helpful Links

FAQ:
Posting
Inserting pictures
Adding your story
Inserting smilies
Abbreviations
Using HTML

My Resources

Moderators
Ami
Helen
Kid
Pat
Rett
TomJ

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New "FAQ" suggestion

July 29 2007 at 1:47 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)

BlueIris  (Login BlueIris22)

I'm wondering if it would be valuable to have a space dedicated over in the FAQ section regarding conduct, content, guidelines, etc.

Months ago, when I was in a thread where I got my very first "2x4", I poked around in the archives for topics that addressed guidelines of posting. There were threads that had this as a topic because there had been hurt feelings, or topics where people's religious views had drawn lines in the sand. These threads helped, but it really required digging to find them. Since my own 2x4 experience, we've also had the couple of more recent situations on Open that escalated. Between what's recently transpired, and also because there are (sadly) forever new members finding us, it seems like it would be nice to have a "Welcome! Here's who we are and how we do it here" instructional paragraph or two.

Perhaps if this were put together, there could also be space given to detailing what "Healing", "Deeper" and "Open" are designed for. I'd love to see "Deeper" used more often. I know the guideline there has suggested a one year benchmark before posting. I've wondered about that. Its sort of like cutting teeth on babies. They may get their first teeth when they are 6 months old....or 13 months (like my kids). I think members may hit a ready place for deeper that isn't contingent necessarily on time, but on their personal circumstances.

Anyone else have other thoughts on this? BlueIris

"We cannot wait for the storm to pass; we must learn to walk in the rain."

This message has been edited by BlueIris22 on Jul 29, 2007 1:48 PM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

BlueIris
(Login BlueIris22)

Re: New "FAQ" suggestion

Score 5.0 (1 person)
July 29 2007, 2:30 PM 

O.k., I just read the "Policy" portion of the site...and it does address most of the issues that I brought up. So, since it already exists, is it effective where it is? Is there anything new or expanded that it should include?

(I know I've read the policy previously - probably very early on when I first found the site. I'm not sure what it means that I couldn't remember seeing it...and actually had trouble eyeballing it when I started thinking about this and looking at what existed currently.)

I still like the idea of a general "welcome" message, but that's certainly a subjective thing.

BTW - - thank you, thank you, thank you for the creation and maintenance of this site. I am forever grateful to everyone involved in its existence. BlueIris

"We cannot wait for the storm to pass; we must learn to walk in the rain."

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
TomJ
(Login tomj76)
Healing Moderator

No score for this post
July 30 2007, 9:36 AM 

Thanks Blue, for writing out your thoughts. When I read your first post I was ready to respond about the Policy page, but then I read that you'd found it.

I'm open to hear some suggestions about this. Maybe the Policy isn't the right place to have posting guidlines. In addition, it could be that it's located in the wrong place on the page anyway. It's sortof off by itself compared to all the other links. It's possible to add more links in the FAQ lists. Maybe it should go there. When I made FAQ, it was more of a techical section, but I can see where that could have been too narrow a concept for it.

The welcome page has been mentioned a long time ago. Someone even wrote something for it, but it was too involved, and I was still deeply embeded in my own recovery issues enough that it wasn't a priority to resolve. We could do that again. If you have a concept, I would appreciate your input.

TomJ

TomJ
(Login tomj76)
Healing Moderator

No score for this post
July 30 2007, 9:58 AM 

Also, the 'one year mark' mentioned in Deeper is only a guideline. I think it might say so in the Policy. We needed to give some guideance.

Right now, the need for Deeper is not that great. It was originally designed to provide a place 'protection' from the triggers offerded by newly betrayed people. It was put in place when our group was a little larger, and there was a high amount of newly betrayed traffic comming to the forum. We don't have that situation now, and I presume that's why few people post on it.

Again, we could make the time guideline a little more flexible sounding, but the reason for the time was to afford some protection to people who didn't want to discuss the actual betrayal any longer.

TomJ

spirit
(Login spirit60)

No score for this post
July 30 2007, 10:40 AM 

hi and blue this is a good topic

i guess as i try to remember back to when i first came here and in times since, i wasnt in a 'space to read' the rules or became too familiar with the sight and used it as a general discussion for my needs at the time which may or may not have been A related.

i guess what i am saying is that maybe the purpose of the site could be better explained ( i dont know how) but in a way that works for people who are in a 'state' when they come here, or need reminding about why they are here.

i hope this makes sense- good thoughts blue

regards
kath

Current Topic - New "FAQ" suggestion  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
For problems, concerns, ideas, suggestions or other requests by e-mail: healingmoderators@hotmail.com