<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

High school Girl Pins Older Man In Wrestling Tournament

November 8 2005 at 8:19 AM
T.C.  (no login)

Amanda Simoneau, 17 entered the men's open division at the Scarborough wrestling tournament in Maine this past summer and overcame an early 4-0 deficit to come back and pin a man named Greg Mattingly in 1:48. Just in case you think I'm making this up check out the photos at http://www.wrestlegirl.com/gnews1461.htm When you take a good look at the last photo you can see that Mr. Mattingly who came all the way from Kentucky to compete appears much older, possibly in his thirties. I wonder if he told his wife he got pinned and eliminated from the tournament by a teenage girl when he got home? I wonder if his loss to Ms. Simoneau might have made him contemplate retiring for good. On a related note Deanna Rix who came within a single point of winning a high school state wrestling title in the same state this past season made a splash when she pinned two college guys at a greco-roman wrestling tournament. For photos of that go to http://www.wrestlegirl.com/deanna.htm Girls are not supposed to be able to beat guys at greco-roman because it requires a lot more upper body strength but as you can see in the photos, Ms. Rix has no problem in that area. Take a look at the faces of the guys in the photos after they lost and you will see the why me? faces of complete humiliation from guys who wish they were anywhere else at that particular moment

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: High school Girl Pins Older Man In Wrestling Tournament

November 8 2005, 9:05 AM 

i think it said somewhere that mattingly was 19, not in his 30s

Respond to this message   
T.C
(no login)

Re: High school Girl Pins Older Man In Wrestling Tournament

November 8 2005, 2:37 PM 

I don't remember reading that anywhere and in the photos he looked a lot older to me but I guess it's possible. Even if that were true it's still a high school girl wrestler and not a very highly rated one at that pinning a college guy who was almost ten pounds heavier and suppossedly a lot more experienced. It's not like she pinned some pimply-faced high school sophomore who was brand new to wrestling. Apparently there was shock and surprise on both sides at the outcome. I'm sure she was feeling pretty full of herself after that match and who could blame her?

Respond to this message   

(no login)

WOW

November 9 2005, 7:22 AM 

Wow, this Deanna Rix is a really hot girl. Look at the fullbody photo.
And you can see she have alot of muscles in her arms in the last photos.

She is 17y old and 128 pounds and wrestles mostly guys.
http://wrestlegirl.com/deanna.htm

"Female freestyle wrestler Deanna Rix (128 pounds) of Maine will also join the USOEC this fall. Rix defeated Bethany Harris of California 10-0 at the championships, becoming the first woman to win the competition three times. She was named the outstanding wrestler for the championships.

Rix also threw her hat in the men’s Greco-Roman championships and did very well.

“She’s just outstanding. She won three or four matches against the men in Greco-Roman. The crowd went crazy,” said Goss."

http://www.win-magazine.com/active/archives/V10I11/womensfeature.html

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/wrestle/2005-03-03-girls-wrestling_x.htm

"Earlier in the week, Rix entered the Junior Nationals in Greco-Roman, competing against boys at 130 pounds.

To the surprise and delight of the crowd, Rix won her first two matches handily, a 10-0 technical fall over Cody Blackford of Tennessee and a 1:12 pin of Daniel Navarro of California. In the third round, Rix lost a competitive 3-0 match to Gus Lee of North Dakota. She withdrew from the tournament in the next round with a hand injury."

http://www.wrestlingusa.com/05%20wusa%20web%20root/Articles/May15thissue/72%20usgwa%20nationals.pdf

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/intl/fargo05/juniorgreconotes.aspx

http://usoec.nmu.edu/wrestling/wbios.cfm

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: WOW

November 9 2005, 6:13 PM 

Thank you for all those links. All I can say is those are tremendous accomplishments by two girls who seemingly did'nt think they had much chance of winning at those tournaments against very muscular and experienced older guys. I can just imagine the level of satisfaction they must have felt after advancing and sending those guys home.

Respond to this message   
DEAN
(no login)

Re: WOW

November 9 2005, 10:09 PM 

Holy shit! If I was one of those guys I would quit wrestling forever. I cannot think of anything worse than losing to a high school girl in wrestling but at least they did'nt have to hear about it at school like the high school boys do.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

pathetic

November 10 2005, 12:05 PM 

Either Maine must have the wimpiest wrestlers around or a more likely scenario was that these girls just had a lucky day. Amanda Simoneau was getting her ass kicked when her opponent made a technical error and got stuck and she probably got her ass kicked in the following match which she lost too. Either way it is unacceptable for a man to lose to a girl and he should be ashamed.

Respond to this message   
mad max
(no login)

Re: pathetic

November 10 2005, 9:26 PM 

I realize stuff like this pisses some guys off but how can you possibly knock a high school girl who beats a college guy in a wrestling match? They were'nt playing checkers, these are ultimate acts of aggression by teenaged girls, the equivalent of legally sodomizing older guys. These girls will probably be dominating men their whole lives in board rooms if not in bedrooms.

Respond to this message   
T.C.
(no login)

Re: pathetic

November 11 2005, 4:43 PM 

Coming to think of it Deanna Rix has been a highly ranked and respected high school wrestler for several years so maybe it's not that surprising after all. In Amanda's case I have never heard of her so she can't be all that great and maybe her win is more on the flukey side. I wonder what will happen if she ever meets Mr. Mattingly in a future match or if he would want any part of wrestling her again?

Respond to this message   
Rivka
(no login)

Interesting!

November 12 2005, 7:32 AM 

I find it very interesting that there are girls who are capable of such things and I also find the comments suggesting an overall lack of respect for both the male and female contestants puzzling. Those girls are very lucky to ce wrestling, my parents would NEVER allow me to participate in such a sport, particularly if it involves competing versus the opposite sex. Having said that, you cannot deny that these girls did something very super for themselves as well as for other girls. However, I do not believe their male opponents should feel shame or give up a sport that they love as a result of losing to a girl. In wrestling as in other sports, a particular female is sometimes simply stronger or better than a man or both but as far as facing the girls who defeated them again, I am sure they would not want any part of that. They would most likely lose again and even if they were to win, it would not erase the girls' earlier victories over them.

Respond to this message   
Delmo
(no login)

Not Surprising

November 13 2005, 7:27 AM 

In a wrestling match just as in any type of physical combat, being older, larger or male does not assure you will win. Deanna Rix won over a hundred matches against high school boys narrowly missing becoming the first female state champ ever so I don't see what the big deal is.In the other girls case it's an even greater accomplishment because she was lesser known but if you ask any girl wrestler they will tell you that it does'nt get any better than pinning a boy but I guess it does when you pin an older, heavier and more experienced man.

Respond to this message   
EZ Pinner
(no login)

Adding insult to injury........

November 14 2005, 8:32 PM 

As if it's not bad enough that he got pinned by a chick the poor guy who I understand is actually a pretty decent wrestler has to deal with the fact that unfotunately for him somebody posted pictures of the match all over the internet. Now everybody including people he knows from wrestling circles can see for themselves and to me that makes it a hundred times worse.

Respond to this message   
Oneida
(no login)

Re: Adding insult to injury........

November 15 2005, 5:00 PM 

Oh my God I cannot believe she did that to him. That is so awesome. I would give almost anything to have been in her shoes that day. Amanda really rocks.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Why was she allowed to compete?

November 16 2005, 6:01 AM 

Against older heavier men? If she had gotten hurt you know somebody would have hung. Apparently there was a division in that same tournament for high school wrestlers and girls also have their own tournaments now so they should'nt be allowed to do what she did. Just because a girl got lucky and won one match does not mean they belong in men's open tournaments. That guy probably never wrestled a girl in his life and he probably felt funny about grabbing her and getting rough with her.

Respond to this message   
Voice of Sanity
(no login)

GET OVER IT GUYS

November 16 2005, 5:43 PM 

Having a Y chromosome does not guarantee victories over all females. There is no shame to losing to an athlete who is stronger and better regardless of sex.

Respond to this message   
Oneida
(no login)

Re: GET OVER IT GUYS

November 17 2005, 5:33 PM 

Thank you I truly could not have said it any better myself. Quit crying and just count your lucky stars that it was'nt you it happened to.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: GET OVER IT GUYS

November 18 2005, 9:41 PM 

Who is Amanda Simoneau? Has anybody ever heard of her? I searched the fhsw site and found no mention of her but she must be pretty good because the guy she beat is supposed to be pretty good.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - High school Girl Pins Older Man In Wrestling Tournament
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement