Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Click Here For Auction Houses / Current Auction Items / Game Used Items WANTED / Game Used Items FOR SALE / RESOURCES / Dealer Discounts For Forum Members / GameUsedForum.com Store /

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Trying to authenticate a Pete Rose Reds Home jersey as game worn

June 26 2005 at 12:17 PM
  (Login ChathamHutch)

Can anyone help me in this matter of can anyone point me in the correct direction?
Thanks for the read and any help.
Also, if you e-mail me directly, I can send you the pics and the info thnat I have thus far.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login sportscentury)

Re: Trying to authenticate a Pete Rose Reds Home jersey as game worn

June 26 2005, 12:38 PM 

Hutch,

I would recommend posting the photos and information on this forum. If you post the photos and describe the jersey and its provenance, I would imagine that you would get endless information and help with respect to "authenticating" your Rose jersey. Best of luck,

Reid

Respond to this message   

(Login ecky3)
Forum Owner

Pete Rose Jersey PIcs From Hutch

June 27 2005, 8:52 PM 

Here are photos Hutch asked me to post

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Respond to this message   
R.C. Walker
(Login CAMMY1996)

Re: Pete Rose Jersey PIcs From Hutch

June 27 2005, 11:41 PM 

What I heard in the late 1980’s was Rose wore size 43 (an odd size, but not for Goodman‘s). Also, I believe the Goodman & Sons jerseys had the red over white name and numbers front and back. The color red was also a lighter shade than the Rawlings versions. I cannot tell from the scan if they are.

What I also heard through the grapevine at that time was, jersey’s with the tag missing were 1) removed because they showed through the pants and Pete did not care for that - FUNNY - probably not true. 2) Any jersey with the tag missing was a size other than his normal “43” so it was removed.

I’m not saying this shirt is bad, just there are so many variables to verifying Rose’s equipment (please see gold bat). We need more input from other collectors.

Before you ask from whom I heard the information regarding the size, it has been over 15 years so I honestly do not remember. He was a hobby veteran, which one I do not recollect.

R. C.

I would like to obtain your old smelly Ken Caminiti jerseys (preferably the Padres ones collecting dust) you no longer want that are cluttering up your closet. . .

Respond to this message   

(Login ChathamHutch)

RC Walker, please e-mail me

June 28 2005, 2:41 PM 

Hiya RC
If you e-mail me, I will send you all of the info that i have put together.
Thanks
Hutch

Respond to this message   

(Login ChathamHutch)

Sweat stains in the mid section of the jerseys

July 18 2005, 5:00 PM 

I brought the jersey to the Meigray Expo on Sunday. One of the things that the pics do not show is that there are sweat stains in the mid section of the jersey.

I am trying again to get some more help from forum members:
I am only trying to authenticate the jersey so that I can come up with a reasonable value to sell it.
I am willing to send all of the information that i have on the jersey from where I got it and how I got it, and the pictures to anyone who asks for them.
I am willing to take the jersey or show it to anyone who can help me authenticate it.
Please let me know if you or anyone can help me.
Thanks for the read.
Please contact me directly at
Hutch14@azol.com
Hutch

Respond to this message   

(Login sportscentury)

Hutch, didn't Chuck Lumb contact you?

July 18 2005, 5:07 PM 

Hutch,

Chuck Lumb told me he would contact you. Did he? If not, let me know and I'll drop him another email. He is one of the most expert Rose collectors I know and a very nice and helpful guy.

Reid

Respond to this message   

(Login sportscentury)

One more try

July 18 2005, 9:52 PM 

Hutch,

I dropped Chuck another email...hopefully you'll hear from him. Best of luck,

Reid

Respond to this message   

(Login ChathamHutch)

Thanks for contacting him for me

July 19 2005, 4:00 PM 

hiya reid
thanks for contacting him for me
i have sent him the info and am hoping to speak with him via phone
thanks again
hutch

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Trying to authenticate a Pete Rose Reds Home jersey as game worn
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us