Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Click Here For Auction Houses / Current Auction Items / Game Used Items WANTED / Game Used Items FOR SALE / RESOURCES / Dealer Discounts For Forum Members / GameUsedForum.com Store /

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Display Cases

September 12 2005 at 7:00 PM
  (Login ripkengamers)

Just wanted to give a plug to Bob Brickner who I've dealt with for providing display cases for my jerseys and bats. Bob owns SPF Wholesale Specialty Plastics and does great work and worked with me to design and optimize the jersey and bat cases which are showcased on his website.

The jersey and bat cases are quality acrylic with door type hinges and come with keyed locks. Jersey cases come with a choice of black, white, red, clear, blue, or brown backgrounds. The bat cases come in mirrored or black backgrounds.

As I like to include bats, hats, jerseys, and cleats in my display, the 4" deep case fits my needs perfectly. Bob currently has these cases on sale and I would encourage forum members to check them out! For the 4" jersey display go to:

http://store.casesforcollectibles.com/jerdiscas28w1.html

For the bat case which holds 6 bats go to:

http://store.casesforcollectibles.com/batdisplaycase.html

Here's a couple photos of how great they are:

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login joelsabi)

Re: Display Cases

September 12 2005, 8:56 PM 

great ripken collection dan. like you, i collect an individual player. i am also hunting for a display case to fit my collection. currently, i have narrowed my find to two display cases.

1) For my collection similar in item to yours (jersey, hat, helmet, bat, cleats, etc.
http://store1.yimg.com/I/nygoalpostsports_1836_14841758

2) For my collection of bats similar to yours in quantity.
http://www.homeplateheroes.com/8BatCase.html This was recommended to me by Jim (bronxbats) from this forum.

I have decided to chose almost museum quality display cases. imho, display cases are important to anyone's collection, enhancing its eye appeal and appreacation of a collection.

I hope some of you will take the time to formulate a multiplayer collection that i am contemplating to begin after i complete my first collection of alex rodriguez game used items -- besides it was fun.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?forumid=379976&messageid=1126479568&lp=1126479568

Respond to this message   

(Login gameused)

September 12 2005, 9:44 PM 

Dan,

Nice Ripken collection. Question, on the plexi-bat case that you have, the plexi holders that stick out to hold the bat barrel and handle, does that leave any permanent impressions/marks from the weight of the bat making contact with that plexi holder?

Bobby

Respond to this message   

(Login allstarsplus)

Display Cases

September 12 2005, 10:29 PM 

Here is a few of our favorite cases. This is Steiner Sports ball display

These are great jersey shadow boxes made by JerseyPro. The jerseys hang on wood hangars and come with custom color backgrounds.

This is the Locker Room made by Caseworks. I believe it retails for about $389.

A Caseworks bat display.

The best lockers I have seen were custom built by a Forum member which were shown in a previous post--hopefully he can post it here. For those of us that aren't handy, this is a great alternative.

If you are interested in purchasing any of these display cases, send me an email info@AllstarsPlus.com

Respond to this message   

(Login ripkengamers)

September 13 2005, 7:21 AM 

Bobby,
Good question and one which I was concerned about myself. I have not seen any impression marks due to the acrylic arms which hold the weight of the bats. My initial thought was to glue felt on these arms should I notice any deformation and I would suggest to Bob to include the same as part of the finished piece for future consideration.

Respond to this message   

(Login CollectGU)

I like Dan's

September 13 2005, 10:33 AM 

collection...I really dislike those display cases..IMHO all that plastic somehow takes away from the quality of the collection...I think the Caseworks cases have that museum quality look to them

Respond to this message   

(Login eGameUsed)

My Display "Room"

September 13 2005, 10:50 AM 

I know there are some new people here, but here are pictures of My Game Used Room. All of the vertical wood bat holders on the wall were custom made out of red oak (by yours truly and my father). The vertical bat racks are a gun style rack that simply hold the platic bat tubes, also custom made of white ash. The jersey cases are also custom made out of pine, with a very unique glass pull out top (it appears seamless with no opening door). The baseball holders in the corners are also made of oak. These pictures are kind of old, but still give you a feel for how I display my collection. I will post some updated pictures later.

Chris Boyd
http://www.eGameUsed.com
713-385-1155
ccboyd@houston.rr.com

Respond to this message   
Dan Derleth
(Login ripkengamers)

I like Dan's

September 13 2005, 2:24 PM 

Dave,
Glad to see everyone has there own particular taste! My point is I'm displaying my memorabilia, not how pretty the wood case is! Full acrylic allows good light to enter the display and viewing from all angles wich wooden cases do not provide. Touche!

Respond to this message   

(Login gameused)

Re: I like Dan's

September 13 2005, 4:22 PM 

Dan,

Instead of using felt to line the plexi holders, I think clear flexible plastic tubing would work better.

Just find the right tubing size at your local hardware store. You would cut your desired length, take a utility knife or razor blade and cut a straight slit on one side of the tubing from end to end, pull apart at the cut and attach to the area where the bat would rest. If the tubing does not conform to the U-shaped area of the plexi holder, you could soften the tubing by heat, using a blow dryer or stick it in some boiling water to mold it to the desired shape. It would blend in perfectly with the plexi glass.

Bobby

Respond to this message   

(Login eGameUsed)

Re: I like Dan's

September 13 2005, 4:46 PM 

I agree with Dan, full light and open is better. I like the mirrored bat racks. That is why people will notice I don't put many of my bats and jerseys in cases. However, be careful for light exposure, especially fluorescent and intense natural light. There is a display at Minute Maid Park right now from the HOF celebrating Latin Baseball players through History. I spoke with the curator sent from Cooperstwon to deliver the items. They had a Clemente signed bat that they decided to not display because the autograph has completely faded. At first I thought it was because of age; however, he showed me the Sosa bat from HR #58 to #62 in 1998. I am sure most of you have seen photos of these bats at some point. The black autograph and inscription was almost completely gone. He said that the autograph faded completely from the bats recent stay at the Houston's Museum of Fine Arts Baseball as America display. I was astonished at how bad the Sosa bat looked, and all because of the light choice at the Houston Museum. Also, be aware of dust if your items are not incased!

Thanks,

Chris Boyd
http://www.eGameUsed.com
713-385-1155
ccboyd@houston.rr.com

Respond to this message   

(Login Sheffield11)

Looking for case for wristbands

September 13 2005, 5:22 PM 

Hi i know this my seem odd but i am looking for a display case to hold my steiner game used derek jeter wristband. It is a regular jeter Jumpan #2 wristband. I would be looking for it to hold the band upward and have a mirrored back. Anyone know where i could get one?

Respond to this message   
Dan Derleth
(Login ripkengamers)

Looking for case for wristbands

September 13 2005, 8:41 PM 

Bobby,
Just a shot in the dark. Without making a custom case consider using a dual baseball case and put the wristbands over the two posts for the baseballs!

Respond to this message   

(Login joelsabi)

Re: Looking for case for wristbands

September 13 2005, 10:42 PM 

I like how this collector displays his collection. little bit of game used stuff mixed in with other memorabilia. interesting display thats well spaced out.

Dan just a recommendation. Maybe move that photo thats hiding in the bat case that matches the hat on the left into the display case with the jersey. Then remove a cleat a batting glove, and a hat. Maybe add another Ripken memorablia item into the case that hiding in a drawer.

When it comes down to it, its your collection so do as you want. You have great stuff.

Also I also am weary of too much light going into a display cases because of possible and inevitable fadding of signature. Nothing does more harm to autographed items than direct light.

Respond to this message   

(Login joelsabi)

Jordan display

September 17 2005, 10:39 AM 

here is another example display sample of Michael Jordan stuff. Very kewl.

Respond to this message   

(Login AbeK)

Dan's collection

September 24 2005, 5:22 PM 

Dan,
I was wondering if you could post photos of your Ripken displays again? The photos aren't coming up for me and I wanted to check them out one more time before deciding on which cases I want to buy as I redecorate my office.

Thanks,
Abe

Respond to this message   

(Login ripkengamers)

Dan's collection

September 24 2005, 7:15 PM 

Hello Abe,
Be glad to post them again. Let me know if you have any questions. I hate to be bias but I like these cases better than any other I've seen. Take care.

Dan (ripken4ever)

LOOKING FOR A PAIR OF CAL'S SUNGLASSES AND WRIST/ARM BAND

Respond to this message   

(Login AbeK)

Re: Dan's collection

September 24 2005, 10:05 PM 

Dan,
Thanks very much! Your pictures helped me make up my mind, I'll be making a few purchases over the next few months.

Abe

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Display Cases
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us