::: WELCOME TO PANEREH ::: Panereh.com

Return to Index  

Hey Tim, some help inside....

February 7 2012 at 8:41 AM
Archer  (Login AJCanada)

Response to Help needed from our watch makers here>>>

A few Archer models I make use the screwed pins that you have to hold at each end, so I am familiar with this issue. I have probably unscrewed hundreds of these, so you do get used to it after a while.

In terms of breaking the Loctite bond, more heat might be needed and possibly a small flame under the screw would work - be careful of course not to burn the strap, or discolour the parts. Now usually I don't have to use heat, and I can apply enough torque to get the screws undone. I use a case holder, and place the watch in it for some stability. If you don't have one maybe have someone hold the watch for you so it won't move - the watch moving is what you really need to avoid. I put the watch in my case holder, then use my left index finger to hold the case holder, while holding one screwdriver in my left hand engaged in the slot. I then use the right hand with the second screwdriver to do all the work. The left hand is completely still and the right is used to unscrew the screw. If you try to use both, it will lead to everything moving and likely scratches where you don't want them.

A picture might help....

[linked image]

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers, Al

Respond to this message   
Responses

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
  ::: Posting Rules :::  
  1:: Your registration is required! Annonymous posts may be deleted without notice nor explanatio.
2:: For ease of use, off topic posts must be clarified with an "OT" in the title.
3:: Please refrain from swearing or rude behaviour in the public forum.
4:: Links/web addresses/names/or logos commercially related are not allowed unless otherwise stated.
5:: Trolls, shills and disruptive people are not welcome in this forum. Please keep topics related or light hearted in nature.

Please note: This is an unofficial site, and we are in no way associated with Panerai or the Richmont Group. It is a simple forum for Panerai and other fine watch aficionados.

Panerai forum , paneristi , panereh , panerai ,