THE VINTAGE HOCKEY FORUM HAS MOVED. PLEASE VISIT WWW.VINTAGEHOCKEYFORUM.COM

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Did anyone go to the Vancouver show?

March 30 2006 at 4:29 PM

(Login hockey_jim)
Forum Owner

Interested to know how the Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton shows are? Lots of dealers? Lots of vintage? Jim

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login canadianbrocko)

Re: Did anyone go to the Vancouver show?

March 30 2006, 6:07 PM 

Hi Jim,

I went to the Card show at the Croation Cultural Centre on Saturday. I had to drag out the g-friend and her sister so I knew I wasn't staying long:-( The show seemed pretty packed with dealers. Lots of new cards and lots of older stuff too. There were a couple dealers selling vintage jerseys which caught my eye. Anyways I ended up buying a box of 05/06 UD SPX. Jean Beliveau was doing a signing at 1:00 but I couldn't convince the wife to hang out for another hour.danm!oh well...next show I will definately be going to solo.

Brock

(Login hockey_jim)
Forum Owner

March 30 2006, 6:38 PM 

Brock. I don't know what's worse, taking your girfriend to a show or spending about $200 on a new box!! LOL. My girlfriend insisted on coming with me to a show once. She lasted about 10 minutes before she was tugging me to go. Never do that again. I was in a friends shop a couple weeks ago when I got the urge to open a nice shiny new box of cards. Hadn't done it in years. I figured I lost 70% of my money so I just gave the rest away to some kids. Never do that again either. Jim

(no login)

March 30 2006, 8:09 PM 

I will be heading to the expo next month in Toronto. I have 3 booths there. Alot of great signers this time.

(Login phreakydancin)

March 31 2006, 1:40 AM 

I was there Friday and Saturday. Got autos from both Howie Meeker and Jean Beliveau. Best Vancouver show I've been to. The signing guests sure beat the likes of Dennis Vervaergart and Tony Tanti :)

Dan Basso
(Login tripoli99)

October show at CCC

August 30 2006, 7:45 PM 

Apparently there is another show at the CCC in October, although I have no other details....I will update later if I find out anything more..

Current Topic - Did anyone go to the Vancouver show?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement